PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Record The Game?

Jigawatts
09-15-2008, 03:38 PM
My power went out about 30 seconds before kick off and I missed the entire game.
If someone has a dvd you could send me it would be appreciated. I'd pay it forward. :wink:

Iron Shiek
09-15-2008, 03:40 PM
My power went out about 30 seconds before kick off and I missed the entire game.
If someone has a dvd you could send me it would be appreciated. I'd pay it forward. :wink:

Sorry i couldn't help out. Somehow, I believe my house was the only one with power in the entire Columbus area. But alas I didn't record it. If it comes on NFLN, I can...but I would need some assistance in getting it on a dvd as I've never done that before...I'm sure I can google it or something.

SteelerOfDeVille
09-15-2008, 03:56 PM
In Louisville, they say we may be out of power for up to 2 weeks.

We got ridiculous wind and not a drop of rain.

At one point, there were 200,000+ people without power and many of our workers went to Texas to help. Little did they know.

Jigawatts
09-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Thanks Sheik. Someone told me it might play on the NFL Network sometime
later this week. If it does, I should be able to watch. Word out on the street
is that power's going to be out for a few days though. :(

Oh, and no "1.21 jigawatts" or "a bolt of lightning" jokes please. :moon :lol:

Jigawatts
09-15-2008, 04:01 PM

At one point, there were 200,000+ people without power and many of our workers went to Texas to help. Little did they know.

I think that's the problem around here also.

Iron Shiek
09-15-2008, 04:10 PM

That's the crazy thing. We got the same thing and something like 300,000 people without power. I know many people that live in all different directions from me, some close, some far all without power. Yet I managed to have it flicker once and come right back on. I am very fortunate apparently seeing as it could be as much as a week for many around here. A tree of mine did get ripped in a few pieces and is gone.

bdeff
09-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Jigawatt you can buy the game recap from i-tunes for 1.99

Its like 11 minutes long and its just shows the action of the game, no huddles etc.

LasVegasGuy
09-15-2008, 05:18 PM
I have the entire game on my DVR but I don't know how to transfer it to DVD. Anyone familiar with how to retrieve something off a direct tv reciever?

SteelerNation1
09-15-2008, 06:02 PM
Jig,
I can get you a VCR tape recording of the game. Let me know if you want it

Jigawatts
09-16-2008, 01:39 PM

Its like 11 minutes long and its just shows the action of the game, no huddles etc.

I'd prefer to see the game in its entirety so I can see the look on the faces
of those stupid browns fans that pay good money to watch their team get
spanked year after year.

But, that's a good suggestion if I can't get the whole game. Forgive me for being
a little slow, but do you need an ipod for that or can you watch it on the computer?
Do you have a link? I might have to spend the 1.99 just to get a fix.

I have the entire game on my DVR but I don't know how to transfer it to DVD. Anyone familiar with how to retrieve something off a direct tv receiver?

LVG, I just got a DVD player/burner for my tv a few months ago. I also use it as
a digital tuner for my local OTA channels. It's actually very simple to hook up the
device to your DVR and transfer video to it. I've been recording to the DVR and
burning like a maniac the last few weeks with all the free premium channel previews
from Direct TV recently.

If you decided to get one let me know if you have any questions.

Jig,
I can get you a VCR tape recording of the game. Let me know if you want it.

My wife sold our last VCR in a garage sale about a month ago. I told her we'd need it.
If I can't get the game on DVD I'll let you know about the tape. I'm sure I can find a
VCR somewhere.

I assume you have power... you bastage. :x :lol:

We're hearing it could be Thursday, maybe Saturday until we get ours back. :x

RuthlessBurgher
09-16-2008, 01:45 PM

Isn't Cos2k1's quarter-by-quarter video recap about 11 minutes long when you add them all together? I watched them all last night, but can't access them here at work, so I am not sure about the total elapsed time, but you get all the major plays there for free.

http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2259

Jigawatts
09-16-2008, 01:57 PM

Isn't Cos2k1's quarter-by-quarter video recap about 11 minutes long when you add them all together? I watched them all last night, but can't access them here at work, so I am not sure about the total elapsed time, but you get all the major plays there for free.

http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2259

Sweet. I haven't had a chance to watch any highlights yet, so I'm gonna take
a break and watch that that now. :Bow :Bow

SteelerNation1
09-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Jig,

My wife sold our last VCR in a garage sale about a month ago. I told her we'd need it.
If I can't get the game on DVD I'll let you know about the tape. I'm sure I can find a
VCR somewhere.

Jig,
Never lost power, thank goodness. My head would've popped off I'm afraid. Let me know about the VCR tape.

Jigawatts
09-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Jig,

VCR somewhere.

Jig,
Never lost power, thank goodness. My head would've popped off I'm afraid. Let me know about the VCR tape.

Dude, my lights starting flickering about ten minutes before the game. Then the power
went out, and then came back on for a few minutes. Then it went on and off about
3 times and one last time right before kickoff.

The girls just went to bed so we couldn't take them over to the in-laws in Hubbard.
I have a few friends within 3 minutes of my house, but they all lost power and since
we have so many trees around the house, I didn't want to leave the wife and kids there
by themselves and not be within 5 minutes of them. So even though I was driving my
wife crazy pacing around the house, I couldn't just go to a bar or drive out to the
inlaws to watch the game. Those trees were swaying like crazy and I was too afraid
of one falling on the house.

After nervously pacing, I just sat in the dark with a little radio and a bag of cheetos.
It was very pathetic. :oops:

Anyway, I'll let you know about the tape. I just pm'd NKy about a DVD. So hopefully
he has it recorded and can come through.

BIG FAN
09-16-2008, 04:20 PM
We fortunately did not lose our power, but did lose direct t.v capability.
On the downstairs set. Couldn't' tivo the game but I did get to at least see it.
What a windstorm! I thought a transformer blew or a cannon went off, when I heard and saw the neighbor's tree across the street as a branch about two feet in diameter snapped. Outside our windows it looked like you would expect Dorothy and Toto to come spinning past any second. It was that freakish. At least it seems everyone got through it in one piece. Thank God.

AkronSteel
09-16-2008, 06:45 PM
I can burn it for ya Jig!!! I record all the games and I was one of the lucky ones not to lose power here in NE Ohio!!!!! Let me know if you still need it!!

Jigawatts
09-17-2008, 02:50 PM
I can burn it for ya Jig!!! I record all the games and I was one of the lucky ones not to lose power here in NE Ohio!!!!! Let me know if you still need it!!

Check your messages. :wink:

NKySteeler
09-17-2008, 06:03 PM
Akron, I may also request a copy, or maybe get one from jig....

...Our power went out around 1:30pm Sunday. Shortly thereafter, the winds picked up even more... They say we had 74mph winds here... The damage was somewhat extensive here for me... I lost my roof. Literally... And the insurance agents/adjusters for State Farm are impossible to contact... Already getting estimates for the roof replacement, though... My satellite dish was found in the neighbors' yard two houses up the street... Still no power at my house (I'm in an internet cafe for a little bit that has power, but just sucks, but I still make a stop here every day until I get power), but they say we might have it back tomorrow or Friday... At the height of the windstorm (no rain at all), they say 90% of the Cincinnati area was w/o power, and it may be a week or so before everyone is hooked back up... It's spotty right now in many areas. Cell phone reception is getting better, but mine didn't work on Monday...

...But the big thing was my dish... Directv said they cannot get anyone out till Oct 1st to repair/replace/re-install it due to storm repair work... It's not gonna be fun the next few weeks of the season for me...

Let me tell you... Repeated cold showers, no cooking, no hope of satellite reception, and no cold beer really sucks!... But man, you should have seen the spread I put out for the neighborhood on the grill on Monday! (the food was "use it or lose it...")

Jigawatts
09-18-2008, 12:49 PM
Keep hanging in there NKy. I got my power back this morning. :Beer

It's a good thing to, because my house was starting to look like Lord of the Flies.

My older daughter was running around with face paint on, demanding Scooby Doo.

The younger one just had a mean look on her face for 3 days and threatened to crawl
over to the generator so she could hook me up to it.

I told her "you can't talk or crawl, so go back to staring at nothing and laughing, and
leave me alone."

My wife beat me with a maglite that didn't work.

SteelerNation1
09-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Akron, I may also request a copy, or maybe get one from jig....

...Our power went out around 1:30pm Sunday. Shortly thereafter, the winds picked up even more... They say we had 74mph winds here... The damage was somewhat extensive here for me... I lost my roof. Literally... And the insurance agents/adjusters for State Farm are impossible to contact... Already getting estimates for the roof replacement, though... My satellite dish was found in the neighbors' yard two houses up the street... Still no power at my house (I'm in an internet cafe for a little bit that has power, but just sucks, but I still make a stop here every day until I get power), but they say we might have it back tomorrow or Friday... At the height of the windstorm (no rain at all), they say 90% of the Cincinnati area was w/o power, and it may be a week or so before everyone is hooked back up... It's spotty right now in many areas. Cell phone reception is getting better, but mine didn't work on Monday...

...But the big thing was my dish... Directv said they cannot get anyone out till Oct 1st to repair/replace/re-install it due to storm repair work... It's not gonna be fun the next few weeks of the season for me...

Let me tell you... Repeated cold showers, no cooking, no hope of satellite reception, and no cold beer really sucks!... But man, you should have seen the spread I put out for the neighborhood on the grill on Monday! (the food was "use it or lose it...")
Homer: "No TV and no beer, make Homer something, something."
Marge: "Go crazy???"
Homer: "Don't mind if I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHAHAHHHHAHAHHHHAHH!"
http://www.cheapblueguitar.com/images/homer_shining.jpg
Your story reminded me of that Simpsons episode. :lol: Seriously though, I feel for everyone who lost power. That sucks. Hang in there.

SteelerOfDeVille
09-18-2008, 03:41 PM
I'm beginning to think that even if someone burned it for me, i'd never be able to watch it... Still no power...

Jigawatts
09-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Hank in there SOD. They told us Saturday, but the power came back on this morning.
Hopefully yours will be back on earlier than expected.

AkronSteel
09-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Alright guys heres the deal. I wanted to record Jigga's copy last night and my DVD Burner took a crap on me. It won't program any disc. It worked fine on Sunday for the game and then I don't know? I ordered an new one with HD Capabilities today but it won't be here until Monday at the earliest. I will copy anything that you guys want but I can't do anything till then. I even have to VHS the game on Sunday and then dub it over when my recorder gets here. Is that going to be cool with you guys? Sorry for the inconvenience!!!

NKY: I will copy Sundays for ya too since you don't have dish until October and send it with the Browns game!!!

I will get the copies out as soon as I can!!!!

AkronSteel or Zippy (whichever you prefer) :D

Jigawatts
09-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Alright guys heres the deal. I wanted to record Jigga's copy last night and my DVD Burner took a crap on me. It won't program any disc. It worked fine on Sunday for the game and then I don't know? I ordered an new one with HD Capabilities today but it won't be here until Monday at the earliest. I will copy anything that you guys want but I can't do anything till then. I even have to VHS the game on Sunday and then dub it over when my recorder gets here. Is that going to be cool with you guys? Sorry for the inconvenience!!!

NKY: I will copy Sundays for ya too since you don't have dish until October and send it with the Browns game!!!

I will get the copies out as soon as I can!!!!

AkronSteel or Zippy (whichever you prefer) :D

Zippy, I like that. :lol:

It's cool with me. I can wait until next week.

NKySteeler
09-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Hey Hey!.... Power is now restored!..... My roof and satellite dish is still toast, and haven't heard from the adjuster, but at least I can put the candles away!...

Akron, I appreciate the offer, but I can get by w/o seeing last weeks' game... The next two games will be on local tv, so I'll just have to use the old-fashioned "rabbit ears" and deal with normal tv.... Oct 1st can't come soon enough, though!... But at least I can acess the Ticket thru the Supercast option on the laptop...

AkronSteel
09-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Alright cool man!!! Look at it this way next week it will be recorded in HD!!! :D

Nothing wrong with an upgrade but I was pi$$ed when it didn't work for me last night!!!! I gotta look at it this way though. I burned 165 games with that thing, it was going to break down soon rather than later. So, at least it gave me a reason to get a HD model.

NKySteeler
09-18-2008, 05:24 PM
.... Please tell me the Eagles game will be nationally televised. I know the Balt game will be.

AkronSteel
09-18-2008, 05:27 PM
Hey Hey!.... Power is now restored!..... My roof and satellite dish is still toast, and haven't heard from the adjuster, but at least I can put the candles away!...

Akron, I appreciate the offer, but I can get by w/o seeing last weeks' game... The next two games will be on local tv, so I'll just have to use the old-fashioned "rabbit ears" and deal with normal tv.... Oct 1st can't come soon enough, though!... But at least I can acess the Ticket thru the Supercast option on the laptop...

Alright thats cool man!!! If you ever want an older game just hit me up. I have games going back to 89 on DVD. All wins except one!!!!

AkronSteel
09-18-2008, 05:30 PM
.... Please tell me the Eagles game will be nationally televised. I know the Balt game will be.

I don't think so Bro!!!! :(

4:15 Start at Philly!!! Cincy plays at 1 in your market, not sure if they will show the 2nd half of the doubleheader or not! The rules have changed from what they use to be when I watched locally!

NKySteeler
09-18-2008, 05:40 PM

4:15 Start at Philly!!! Cincy plays at 1 in your market, not sure if they will show the 2nd half of the doubleheader or not! The rules have changed from what they use to be when I watched locally!

Well, if it's not on, I'll go someplace with the Ticket, or watch it on the laptop.... Man, it's amazing how dependent I've become on my dish for football coverage (college Gameplan and Sunday Ticket).

AkronSteel
09-18-2008, 05:51 PM

Well, if it's not on, I'll go someplace with the Ticket, or watch it on the laptop.... Man, it's amazing how dependent I've become on my dish for football coverage (college Gameplan and Sunday Ticket).

I feel ya, man!!! I don't know what I would do without Sunday Ticket. I couldn't go back to just watching local broadcasts.....I would be lost.

SteelerOfDeVille
09-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Hank in there SOD. They told us Saturday, but the power came back on this morning.
Hopefully yours will be back on earlier than expected.
they said 10-14 days. a co-worker brought in a SMALL generator... choked out when i hooked up my fridge... but, at least i could watch TV...

NKySteeler
09-18-2008, 08:58 PM
they said 10-14 days. a co-worker brought in a SMALL generator... choked out when i hooked up my fridge... but, at least i could watch TV...

SoD, that just sucks. Period. Can you get out of town at least for the weekend to somewhere with power?.... It is getting frustrating all the way around from this storm... It was in the newspaper here today that folks were getting mad and actually threatening the Duke Energy workers because they haven't gotten power back. There are still 200,000+ without it here in the area...

Insurance companies and roofing contractors are another issue as well. I filed a claim on Monday, and still can't get ahold of an adjuster from State Farm. They say they're just too overwhelmed with claims... I also can't get a roofer to even tarp-off my roof. I'll more than likely have to do it myself. Thank god it's not raining... One roofer told me today that he already has 500 work orders and isn't taking on any more business this year... My roof probably won't get fixed till mid-November at the earliest.

SteelerOfDeVille
09-19-2008, 05:46 PM

SoD, that just sucks. Period. Can you get out of town at least for the weekend to somewhere with power?.... It is getting frustrating all the way around from this storm... It was in the newspaper here today that folks were getting mad and actually threatening the Duke Energy workers because they haven't gotten power back. There are still 200,000+ without it here in the area...

Insurance companies and roofing contractors are another issue as well. I filed a claim on Monday, and still can't get ahold of an adjuster from State Farm. They say they're just too overwhelmed with claims... I also can't get a roofer to even tarp-off my roof. I'll more than likely have to do it myself. Thank god it's not raining... One roofer told me today that he already has 500 work orders and isn't taking on any more business this year... My roof probably won't get fixed till mid-November at the earliest.
that's just weak... very weak.

There are about 100k here in Louisville without power (down from 300k on Sunday).

It's been kinda trippy... lucky for us, it's been VERY tolerable, temperature-wise. I don't see anything higher than 83 during the day or lower than 56 at todays 10-day forecast... that's a good thing when you have no electricity.

Fortunately, i've basically been a lumberjack since we moved in a few years ago... there were 4 trees close enough to my house that if they fell, they might do damage. i've taken out 3 of them with buddies. the 4th one... no way, i could do it. it's huge. but, it's also the sturdiest of the trees that were there.