PDA

View Full Version : Did Miller or Spaeth field a punt last night?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-15-2008, 01:17 PM
What was that about? Was Mendy on the field?

eniparadoxgma
09-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Spaeth caught that little half-onsides/half-floater kick the Stains tried to do. I guess he's on the hands team?

RuthlessBurgher
09-15-2008, 01:29 PM
Spaeth actually waved for a fair catch. You don't see that too often on a kickoff!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-15-2008, 01:35 PM
Spaeth caught that little half-onsides/half-floater kick the Stains tried to do. I guess he's on the hands team?

I wonder if Mendy was on that particular hands team?

RuthlessBurgher
09-15-2008, 01:40 PM

Mendenhall was back there as the deep return man as usual, but the Browns chose not to kick it deep. They also didn't kick it onside, even though they were showing that (there was a formation penalty on the Browns anyway, since only 2 guys were to the left of the kicker). Spaeth was one of the up men there to block, and since the ball went over the first wall of hands guys but not quite as far as Mendenhall was positioned, Spaeth fielded the kick and immediately went down (after waving for the aforementioned fair catch).

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-15-2008, 01:43 PM

Mendenhall was back there as the deep return man as usual, but the Browns chose not to kick it deep. They also didn't kick it onside, even though they were showing that (there was a formation penalty on the Browns anyway, since only 2 guys were to the left of the kicker). Spaeth was one of the up men there to block, and since the ball went over the first wall of hands guys but not quite as far as Mendenhall was positioned, Spaeth fielded the kick and immediately went down (after waving for the aforementioned fair catch).

Thanks, Ruthless, for the play summary. Spaeth sure did his assignment well!

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
09-16-2008, 12:42 AM
I actually thought Spaeth did the best job off all our punt and kickoff returners sunday night!