PDA

View Full Version : Dale's Post Game blog comments

costanza2k1
09-15-2008, 10:26 AM
sucks to be the Browns:

Monday, September 15, 2008
Thoughts on Cleveland
Cleveland spent a lot of money on its defense during the offseason to improve its defense, but couldn't stop the Steelers at the end of the game with everything on the line.

Back to the drawing board, boys.

The wind at this game was as heavy as I've ever seen it. It took my breath away as I walked into the stadium. And it nearly swept the members of the armed services who were there for the pre-game flag festivities into Lake Erie, lifting them off the ground.

The Steelers were smart to give the ball to Cleveland when Pittsburgh won the coin toss. That allowed the Steelers to force the Browns to play into the wind.

It took Derek Anderson a while to figure that wind out.

Actually, he never really did, as it died down late in the second quarter only gusting into the 20 MPH range.

I'd give Justin Hartwig a solid B in his handling of Shaun Rogers.

The Browns knew the Steelers were going to be running the ball and Rogers still wasn't that much of a factor.

Ben Roethlisberger isn't getting sacked as much as previous years, but he does still take some vicious hits. Rogers nailed him in the third quarter late in my opinion with a shoulder than had the QB hurting.

You want to make the big bucks of an NFL quarterback, you've got to take the big hits.

But Roethlisberger was walking gingerly in the locker room following the game.

Troy Polamalu's interception at the end of the first half was his first since 2006. It's also the kind of game-changing play the Steelers desperately needed from their Pro Bowl strong safety.

Polamalu was very active in this game, as he was last week against the Texans.

OK, it's now 4 a.m. and I've got to drag my lazy butt to bed.
Posted by Dale Lolley at 3:57 AM

ikestops85
09-16-2008, 03:31 PM
He must have gone to the bathroom and missed Troy's INT against the Texans. :tt2