PDA

View Full Version : The Jaw VS. Captain Cool

Jooser
09-15-2008, 09:58 AM
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5013/61569billcowherhe5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Versus.....

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6302/09000d5d804167a6gallerybu4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Ok guys, we're 2 games into Tomlin's second season. So, what d'ya think? Let's compare and contrast the two. I'm just sorta interested in what you think are similariteis and differences in the team since the change of power took place........ Let's hear it!

-Jooser

RuthlessBurgher
09-15-2008, 10:05 AM
I like that we have seen some raw emotion out of Tomlin these past two weeks. He really seems to be pumped up and totally into it. I would hate to have a coach that is just an unemotional lump like Romeo Crennel or Norv Turner.

rpmpit
09-15-2008, 10:06 AM
Watching the game last night, Mrs. Armpit says to me, "Tomlin isn't as loud as Cowher was. He's not screaming and yelling, and running all over the place."

So I said, "He's more like Chuck Noll was. Calm, cool and collected."

So she said, "Is that good?"

And I said, "Yes. It's very good!"

So anyway, I'm very happy with Tomlin. The team was well prepared for the season opener. Last nights game was a tough one to judge because of the weather. But we're 2-0 and that's fine by me!

Iron Shiek
09-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Watching the game last night, Mrs. Armpit says to me, "Tomlin isn't as loud as Cowher was. He's not screaming and yelling, and running all over the place."

So anyway, I'm very happy with Tomlin. The team was well prepared for the season opener. Last nights game was a tough one to judge because of the weather. But we're 2-0 and that's fine by me!

He may be calm most of the time...but when the boys did some good, they showed him getting pumped up a couple times. I think one of them was on the pick at the end of the half by Troy. He pulled his headset off and started gettin crazy. That was pretty cool.

rpmpit
09-15-2008, 10:26 AM

He may be calm most of the time...but when the boys did some good, they showed him getting pumped up a couple times. I think one of them was on the pick at the end of the half by Troy. He pulled his headset off and started gettin crazy. That was pretty cool.

Agreed. Its funny because it looks like he's trying to stay cool. But he gets as excited as the rest of us and just can't contain himself. Its great to see!!!

Discipline of Steel
09-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Norv sure got emotional yesterday...hahaha

Jooser
09-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Ya, when we got some good plays going, Tomlin was ready to throw those headsets in jubilee, I freakin like it. Seems though, more to the point, that Tomlin has stayed with the the Steeler philosophy of fun hard, Blitz hard, and throw for effeciency. I am liking what I see. He's gonna get better with time and experience!

Iron Shiek
09-15-2008, 12:55 PM
He just always looked calm and composed (other than gettin hype a couple times). Whereas they showed a few closeups of Jabba the Stain on the other side, and he looked like he was gonna have a heart attack and was wondering if he left the burner on his stove on or not.

Oviedo
09-15-2008, 01:32 PM
A time and place for all things. Each coach has their style and Cowher was 180 degrees from Noll just like Tomlin is 180 degrees from Cowher. Cowher liked to scream and yell, but as I know from the military that is only effective for so long before the people you lead figure it out and just shut it down. I think the Rooney's know that too which is why they got Tomlin not just for his ability, but also because his style was completely different than Cowher. Tomlin was coming into an underperforming team that just got use to Cowher's "style" and to some degree he became less effective because of it. That's just smart.

When Tomlin leaves about 10 years from now, expect a more outwardly emotional replacement particularly if he is coming into an underperforming team.

stlrz d
09-15-2008, 02:04 PM
They're like children who are different...a parent should love them equally. :lol:

Shawn
09-15-2008, 03:43 PM
They're like children who are different...a parent should love them equally. :lol:

:lol: