PDA

View Full Version : Welcome back 43

SteelerNation1
09-15-2008, 12:36 AM
Nuff said!!!!!!!!!!!

AkronSteel
09-15-2008, 12:54 AM
Man, does he look like the Troy of old or what!!! He was all over the place tonight!!! Gotta love it!!!

fordfixer
09-15-2008, 12:56 AM
Nuff said!!!!!!!!!!!
:Agree

SteelTorch
09-15-2008, 03:12 AM
Ya beat me to it. I was gonna post something similar. It's not just this game, he was looking good last game, too. He already has more INTs than he did all of last year!

Hell, he can go train in CA every year if he keeps this up. :tt2

Jooser
09-15-2008, 06:48 AM
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6448/84972257bd9.png (http://imageshack.us)
#43 IS BACK!!

BigBen2112
09-15-2008, 07:13 AM
If he plays like a DB then he actually plays pretty damn well.

Oh and FYI, I still think he made a mistake last night trying to hurdle the OL on that one play...he cant take himself out of plays like that.

But overall he had a great game.

frankthetank1
09-15-2008, 07:27 AM

Oh and FYI, I still think he made a mistake last night trying to hurdle the OL on that one play...he cant take himself out of plays like that.

he did almost get da's jersey though. i agree plays like that will get him hurt and if he is blitzing it should be on the edge not up the middle. what a game he had though!! he looks so good this year, if he can stay healthy the steelers will have an amazing defense

SteelerNation1
09-15-2008, 07:48 AM

he did almost get da's jersey though. i agree plays like that will get him hurt and if he is blitzing it should be on the edge not up the middle. what a game he had though!! he looks so good this year, if he can stay healthy the steelers will have an amazing defense
It seems he is blitzing off the edge this season. I cant understand how it took 3 seasons to realize he is way more effctive off the edge

Oviedo
09-15-2008, 07:52 AM
Like I said, let him play like a DB and not be wasted on blitzes and he gets 5 INTs this season easy. Already 2 in 2 games. I'm glad LeBeau is reading my posts :D

frankthetank1
09-15-2008, 07:57 AM

It seems he is blitzing off the edge this season. I cant understand how it took 3 seasons to realize he is way more effctive off the edge

i have no idea why it took so long either but thank god they realize now, better late than never. i cant wait till next week!! philly will be a good test

stlrz d
09-15-2008, 07:59 AM
He's my favorite current Steeler...heck, he went to USC (my fave college) and now plays for my favorite pro team...and is good! How could I not like him???

It looked to me like that play when he went over the top was supposed to go inside and he changed the flow. I agree with what Madden said: Troy is a football player and will throw his body around without care.

His mindset is to stop the offense any way he can. It is why he is where he is.

I love it!

frankthetank1
09-15-2008, 08:02 AM
He's my favorite current Steeler...heck, he went to USC (my fave college) and now plays for my favorite pro team...and is good! How could I not like him???

It looked to me like that play when he went over the top was supposed to go inside and he changed the flow. I agree with what Madden said: Troy is a football player and will throw his body around without care.

His mindset is to stop the offense any way he can. It is why he is where he is.

I love it!

troy is also one of my favorite players but i would like to see him play with more control. i hate when troy is out. there is no safety like him and no one can take his place. however i think the way he plays is a lot of what makes him great. there has to be some balance though. what a int though!! i thought just hold them to 3 and i will be happy and he makes a huge freakin play like that!!

rpmpit
09-15-2008, 08:57 AM
Troy hasn't been Troy since right before SBXL. If I remember correctly, he got hurt in the AFC championship game vs. Denver and has had injury after injury since then. Yes, it is great having him back!!!!!

RuthlessBurgher
09-16-2008, 02:12 AM
My only nit-picky criticism of Troy was on that play where he deflected that pass up high in the air, and then tried to outleap a TE who is a half-foot taller than he is to knock the ball down. He should have just leveled Winslow as soon as the ball was deflected up in the air. Once a ball is deflected, there is no more pass interference, so he should have just tackled Sista Souljah right then and there, allowing the ball to fall safely incomplete instead of allowing him to catch it and convert that first down. Everything else, though, was stellar.

AkronSteel
09-16-2008, 02:18 AM
Troy hasn't been Troy since right before SBXL. If I remember correctly, he got hurt in the AFC championship game vs. Denver and has had injury after injury since then. Yes, it is great having him back!!!!!

He actually was injured in Detroit at practice, not in the Denver game, but you are correct he hasn't been the same since. It is great to see him playing the way that he is!

stlrz d
09-16-2008, 07:28 AM
My only nit-picky criticism of Troy was on that play where he deflected that pass up high in the air, and then tried to outleap a TE who is a half-foot taller than he is to knock the ball down. He should have just leveled Winslow as soon as the ball was deflected up in the air. Once a ball is deflected, there is no more pass interference, so he should have just tackled Sista Souljah right then and there, allowing the ball to fall safely incomplete instead of allowing him to catch it and convert that first down. Everything else, though, was stellar.

I mentioned the same thing in the game thread. He could have at least wrapped up Winslow's legs. Troy's a smart guy...I'm sure he realized it after and won't make that same mistake again.

rpmpit
09-16-2008, 07:44 AM

He actually was injured in Detroit at practice, not in the Denver game, but you are correct he hasn't been the same since. It is great to see him playing the way that he is!

Thanks for the correction. I was close :lol:

SteelerNation1
09-16-2008, 09:34 AM

I mentioned the same thing in the game thread. He could have at least wrapped up Winslow's legs. Troy's a smart guy...I'm sure he realized it after and won't make that same mistake again.
I'm thinking his natural reflex is to go for the ball. Great play though.