PDA

View Full Version : BMac

Shawn
09-14-2008, 11:31 PM
Anyone starting to buy into the conspiracy theories? That the Steelers are sitting BMac to keep him cheap?

I personally do...he is clearly the better corner.

Mel Blount's G
09-14-2008, 11:32 PM
Don't know bout all that but he is possibly a candidate for the game ball...

DukieBoy
09-14-2008, 11:34 PM
He played well tonight.

papillon
09-14-2008, 11:34 PM
Anyone starting to buy into the conspiracy theories? That the Steelers are sitting BMac to keep him cheap?

I don't know about conspiracy theories, but, I believe we have seen the last of a very good Steeler as a starter in DeShea.

McFadden played a good game tonight. The only play I didn't like was the 3rd and 7 with the all out blitz and playing of Edwards by about 8 yards. It was a gimme first when a stop would have iced the game a lot sooner.

Pappy

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-14-2008, 11:37 PM

I don't know about conspiracy theories, but, I believe we have seen the last of a very good Steeler as a starter in DeShea.

McFadden played a good game tonight. The only play I didn't like was the 3rd and 7 with the all out blitz and playing of Edwards by about 8 yards. It was a gimme first when a stop would have iced the game a lot sooner.

Pappy

Based on last year, I wouldn't be surprised if he was told to do just that. But over all, it seems like Ariens is waking up a bit this year too!

RussBII
09-14-2008, 11:38 PM

Pappy

I think B-Mac is definitely the better athlete. I think DeShea is still WAAAAY more savvy. B-Mac got beat once or twice (mostly because he lined up about 3 miles off of Braylon), and didn't he get popped for a penalty. I mean a legitimate one.. not the BS reverse bizarro call...

B-Mac'll be the man after he gets some more playing time.

stlrz d
09-14-2008, 11:39 PM
I know you guys don't wanna believe it, cuz I don't wanna believe it either...but LeBeau is the guy having the corners play so far off the line.

They go where they're told to go.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-14-2008, 11:40 PM
I asked this in another thread, but lost track of it ...

Was BMAC the guy who broke up Payton Manning's last two end zone fade passes in the 2005 playoff game?

Shawn
09-14-2008, 11:41 PM
I know you guys don't wanna believe it, cuz I don't wanna believe it either...but LeBeau is the guy having the corners play so far off the line.

$$$

RussBII
09-14-2008, 11:42 PM

Heh, I have no problem believing that... doesn't mean I like it.

Mel Blount's G
09-14-2008, 11:43 PM
LeBeau's bend but don't break philosophy. Hope the blitzers get there, don't give up the big passes and make the sure tackle after the 7-8 yard catch

eniparadoxgma
09-14-2008, 11:44 PM
I asked this in another thread, but lost track of it ...

Was BMAC the guy who broke up Payton Manning's last two end zone fade passes in the 2005 playoff game?

I recall him breaking up one, but it could've been two?

papillon
09-14-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm fine with the playing off in most cases. But, if you call an all out blitz, you should be operating under the assumption that there will be pressure and a quick throw. There just wouldn't have been time to get deep. So, in my feeble old mind you defend the sticks and try to prevent the first down.

Hey, what the hell do I know, I sit at home in the comfort of our house, eating wings and nachos and drinking beer, so, I'm not really in any position to question Lebeau or McFadden....but, I do! :P

Oh, and, :brownssuck and the :bungalssuck and the Ravens didn't play, but, :ratsuck

PAppy

Shawn
09-14-2008, 11:55 PM
If you are bringing heat...and you don't have safety help...it's best that your DBs play off especially between the 20's. I for one agree with the strategy.

BigBen2112
09-15-2008, 07:10 AM
Is he a better CB than Townsend? People vastly underrepresent what Townsend is to this team and what he's capable of. He's one of the smartest DBs on our whole team I do believe and it transitions well into his play on the field as he is a very good CB. I think that BMac is YOUNGER and has more ATHLETICISM but I dont think that those factors alone make him a better CB.

He played really well last night and it was comforting to see him play so well.

frankthetank1
09-15-2008, 07:25 AM

that was my only complaint about bmac as well. other than that i thought he played great. i dont know if that was the reason he isnt starting but the steelers have to sign him. him and kemo need to be high priorities. i wish they would sign both or at least one during this season. if bmac continues to play well this year his price will be a lot higher

Pappy

Shawn
09-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Is he a better CB than Townsend? People vastly underrepresent what Townsend is to this team and what he's capable of. He's one of the smartest DBs on our whole team I do believe and it transitions well into his play on the field as he is a very good CB. I think that BMac is YOUNGER and has more ATHLETICISM but I dont think that those factors alone make him a better CB.

He played really well last night and it was comforting to see him play so well.

I'm not sure I have seen anyone really disrespect Townsend...or underrepresent. He is truely warrior who makes the most out of his limited skills. He is savy and solid. But BMac is a force. I have said this for a couple years now. He plays strong, he is big and matches up well with taller WRs, and is extremely athletic. He is no doubt the better DB at this point in their careers. I personally think he could be better than Ike given the chance to get some PT.

RuthlessBurgher
09-15-2008, 10:45 AM
Losing Townsend was not a huge deal because Cleveland had Braylon at WR and no one else. Syndric Steptoe started, for pete's sake. I'm not sure how long Deshea will be out, but our next three opponents leading up to the bye week (Philly, Baltimore, and Jax) are not exactly brimming with dominant wideouts by any means.

rpmpit
09-15-2008, 10:58 AM
Losing Townsend was not a huge deal because Cleveland had Braylon at WR and no one else. Syndric Steptoe started, for pete's sake. I'm not sure how long Deshea will be out, but our next three opponents leading up to the bye week (Philly, Baltimore, and Jax) are not exactly brimming with dominant wideouts by any means.

Good point.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't most of the problems at corner we've had in the last few years been on the other side with Ike? Deshea has been pretty damn solid out there.