PDA

View Full Version : Looked like Cribbs got knocked the f*** out...

Mel Blount's G
09-14-2008, 11:30 PM
....by silverback on that attempted punt return. They went to a commercial break immediately and never showed a replay though. Any tivo techies that can give us a .mpg? :Beer :Beer

Also, I would have liked to have seen a replay of Farrior getting that alleged "taunting" penalty. Seemed like there was talking going both ways all game (well, duh, it's the clowns....)

stlrz d
09-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Yeah, I too would like to know what that taunting was all about.

Phazon Black
09-14-2008, 11:39 PM
Farrior was just on the Steelers post game radio show.

Apparently, he lost his cool with one the fans. He hoped that our fans return the favor when the Browns comes to Pittsburgh.

papillon
09-14-2008, 11:40 PM
I thought the taunting was going to be on McFadden for stepping over Edwards while he was on the ground. I was surprised to hear Farriors name. They never showed a replay, I'd like to see that phantom call.

Pappy

RussBII
09-14-2008, 11:40 PM

Apparently, he lost his cool with one the fans. He hoped that our fans return the favor when the Browns comes to Pittsburgh.

He needs to ask Mr. James Harrison how to handle unruly fans.

Is anyone else intimidated by the way James Harrison says his name and college in the intros. Everyone else is trying to be funny or cool. He's just

"James Harrison, Kent State" in a clearly PO'd business like manner.

stlrz d
09-14-2008, 11:41 PM

Thanks for the info.

kennyes
09-14-2008, 11:45 PM
Ironic that the great shot on Cribbs by Harrison happened immediately after that cheap arse shot on Ben That was never called... I hope Rogers gets fined, and if not may karma pop his knee like a well shaken bottle of champagne when next we meet!

:brownssuck

RussBII
09-14-2008, 11:54 PM
Ironic that the great shot on Cribbs by Harrison happened immediately after that cheap arse shot on Ben That was never called... I hope Rogers gets fined, and if not may karma pop his knee like a well shaken bottle of champagne when next we meet!

Are you talking about the obviously late hit? I think that sorta call is bull crap, but if you're gonna call it for one team, you gotta call it for the other. The only difference between that hit and Woodley's was that Woodley wrapped up. He even slowed DA's fall... I actually thought Rodgers hit was a lit later too...

kennyes
09-14-2008, 11:57 PM

Are you talking about the obviously late hit? I think that sorta call is bull crap, but if you're gonna call it for one team, you gotta call it for the other. The only difference between that hit and Woodley's was that Woodley wrapped up. He even slowed DA's fall... I actually thought Rodgers hit was a lit later too...

Couldn't agree with you more.

Mel Blount's G
09-14-2008, 11:59 PM

I was fumed after that. I thought wood let up on DA where as the stainhole purposely smashed his shoulder into ben's after the ball was long gone. Man was I choked they didn't call that after that legit wrap up of DA

AkronSteel
09-15-2008, 01:22 AM
I was pissed about that hit by Shaun Rogers. That was a late hit, no doubt!!! He took two clear steps after Ben had thrown the ball and took a shot. That was a terrible non call and if the call was made it would have probably would have meant the end of the game competitively. That would have given the Steelers a 1st down on the Browns 31, with the way Willie was running it would have meant points! Either way Fatso needs to be fined for that!

Jooser
09-15-2008, 07:04 AM
I was gonna start a thread on the 'Big Baby' late hit. You guys beat me to it, because it was such a huge non-call I knew yinz were yelling at the TV and cursing his mother, this topic had to be brought up here. Not only was the shot late, but it was delivered directly to Ben's bad shoulder! :loser The refs blew that one last night. :Hater :Hater :Hater :Hater :Hater

frankthetank1
09-15-2008, 07:38 AM

that was awful. rogers lowered his head and put his shoulder right into ben well after he had gotten rid of the ball. i cant believe they didnt call that but woodley gets a bs roughing the passer call. also in the first quarter bmac got called for illegal hands to the face and bmac never touched the guys face once!! i think it was edwards, and edwards actually grabbed bmac's facemask