PDA

View Full Version : Ben snubs Andrea's shoulder questions...

RussBII
09-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Was he just messing with her? Or is his shoulder seriously effed?

Hrmmmm....

stlrz d
09-14-2008, 11:32 PM
He's always been very honest about his injuries. Too honest. I'm sure the coaches told him to zip it.

kennyes
09-14-2008, 11:50 PM
That was classic... I'm sure the media was not amused and will seek some form of retaliation. Those fukcers like do that.

LasVegasGuy
09-15-2008, 12:17 AM
It was too "Patriot" like. I mean what the F is the big deal. Say the shoulder is fine and move on. Acting like an a.s.s puts Ben in the class of the Patriots.

Mel Blount's G
09-15-2008, 12:23 AM
It was too "Patriot" like. I mean what the F is the big deal. Say the shoulder is fine and move on. Acting like an a.s.s puts Ben in the class of the Patriots.
Easy LVG. Snubbing AK doesn't make Ben a P**. If he straight out LIED to her, then mabey I'd agree

LasVegasGuy
09-15-2008, 12:37 AM
Easy LVG. Snubbing AK doesn't make Ben a P**. If he straight out LIED to her, then mabey I'd agree

It was the first thing that popped into my mind. She asked a legitamate question 3 times and every time he acted like an A.S.S and changed the subject. If you don't like the question say "no comment" if she asks again after that walk away. He didn't respond when she asked 3 times. It felt very Brady and Belichick to me and I thought Ben was above that behavior.

fordfixer
09-15-2008, 12:53 AM
Ben had just gone 12 for 19 and 186 yard's 1 TD no INT, had beaten the stains for the 10 th, time in a row, and she wants to know about his shoulder? what about the game? then to ask the same question twice more.Maybe she should have asked different questions.

BigBen2112
09-15-2008, 07:06 AM
Ben had just gone 12 for 19 and 186 yard's 1 TD no INT, had beaten the stains for the 10 th, time in a row, and she wants to know about his shoulder? what about the game? then to ask the same question twice more.Maybe she should have asked different questions.

Is she the same lady that told Urlacher last week that no one could have possibly seen them beating the Colts and he let into her?

Or was that another one?

frankthetank1
09-15-2008, 07:35 AM
you know what? ben can do anything he daMn well pleases. he is really coming into his own. my god he has picked up right where he left off from last season. there is no other qb that i would want right now. ben is one guy who can play hurt and play well. even with a bum shoulder strong wind and rain he still played lights out. he maybe had 2 bad balls all game and one looked like the wind got (pass to nate in the first half).

Ghost
09-15-2008, 08:24 AM
If a reporter asks a question and it would be obvious to a 5th grader the player did not want to answer it then it's the reporter's who's the a$$ for asking the question over and over. I think it makes the reporter look stupid. And AK is a little full of herself.

rpmpit
09-15-2008, 08:35 AM
At first I thought he didn't hear her. It was pretty strange.

Do you guys remember when Ben would get ripped for talking about his injuries. Remember the bad toe from the '04 championship game?? Maybe Ben is maturing and understands that talking about injuries isn't always the smart thing to do. And no, this doesn't make him Patriot-like. I doubt Ben could ever be that evil and scummy.

I think he was trying to protect his o-line from any more criticism.

Jooser
09-15-2008, 09:48 AM
Did anyone see Ben throw the ball last night? He had PLENTY of arm strength in all that wind and rain. More than DA, who had no such injury. So, maybe he thought his performance spoke for itself, or maybe Tomlin told him to ZIPIT!

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3721/drevilqv0.png (http://imageshack.us)

Shawn
09-15-2008, 10:19 AM

Do you guys remember when Ben would get ripped for talking about his injuries. Remember the bad toe from the '04 championship game?? Maybe Ben is maturing and understands that talking about injuries isn't always the smart thing to do. And no, this doesn't make him Patriot-like. I doubt Ben could ever be that evil and scummy.

I think it's a step in the right direction but the approach certainly left alot to be desired. I mean..."No Comment" was the appropriate comment. If she insisted..."What part of No Comment don't you understand you skanky a$$ mot^&* F&*(^(^g good for nothing piece of ^&*)".....was probably the next step in a proper response. See, Ben really needs to mature and handle his ish more appropriately. :mrgreen:

rpmpit
09-15-2008, 10:27 AM

I think it's a step in the right direction but the approach certainly left alot to be desired. I mean..."No Comment" was the appropriate comment. If she insisted..."What part of No Comment don't you understand you skanky a$$ mot^&* F&*(^(^g good for nothing piece of ^&*)".....was probably the next step in a proper response. See, Ben really needs to mature and handle his ish more appropriately. :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, it seemed like he was trying to pretend he didn't hear her at first, but she persisted. She should have just let it go.

ikestops85
09-15-2008, 10:36 AM
I am a huge Ben fan but I have to agree with LVG on this. He did come off as an arse. I realise there have been times in the past where Cowher and Ben had completely different stories on his health but Ben could have just said it feels fine and moved along with the interview. Either way, the steelers won and the :brownssuck

RussBII
09-15-2008, 10:43 AM
I am a huge Ben fan but I have to agree with LVG on this. He did come off as an arse. I realise there have been times in the past where Cowher and Ben had completely different stories on his health but Ben could have just said it feels fine and moved along with the interview. Either way, the steelers won and the :brownssuck

Personally, I don't care how Ben treats Andrea Kreamer... I dislike her immensely. I was more worried about his shoulder...

Oviedo
09-15-2008, 10:45 AM
Why does anyone believe that these media clowns have any right to have their questions answered on their terms? because they are the media. Screw them. They are nothing but annoying putz who act like the players owe them their attention. AK should have been smart enough to get a clue that Ben wasn't going to talk about his shoulder so move on instead of dwelling on it.

Shawn
09-15-2008, 11:10 AM

Yeah, it seemed like he was trying to pretend he didn't hear her at first, but she persisted. She should have just let it go.

Agreed the woman brought if on herself.

Welllll...at least that's what I told the judge. :D

rpmpit
09-15-2008, 11:16 AM

Agreed the woman brought if on herself.

Welllll...at least that's what I told the judge. :D

No means YES!!! :twisted:

LasVegasGuy
09-15-2008, 11:41 AM
It's funny that we all rip Belichick when he is a jag-off but the minute someone we root for does it we blame the reporter. I like Ben and their probably isn't another quarterback I would want leading us in the NFL but he needs to handle the reporters in a more mature way.

He should have pulled a Bill Parcels on her and told her the arm is going to be amputated in the morning which should relieve the stress on the shoulder. At that point AK would have just laughed and moved on.

Shawn
09-15-2008, 11:50 AM
It's funny that we all rip Belichick when he is a jag-off but the minute someone we root for does it we blame the reporter. I like Ben and their probably isn't another quarterback I would want leading us in the NFL but he needs to handle the reporters in a more mature way.

He should have pulled a Bill Parcels on her and told her the arm is going to be amputated in the morning which should relieve the stress on the shoulder. At that point AK would have just laughed and moved on.

Ehhh shut the F up milk man. :wink: :lol:

papillon
09-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Sha asked a question that any Steeler fan shouls have liked to have answered. When he responded by not responding that should have given her a clue that he didn't want to talk about the shoulder.

On the other hand, I'm not sure why he just didn't say, "it's fine, I took some hits and I'll be having it examined tomorrow."

They both could have done better in my opinion.

Pappy

Oviedo
09-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Sha asked a question that any Steeler fan shouls have liked to have answered. When he responded by not responding that should have given her a clue that he didn't want to talk about the shoulder.

On the other hand, I'm not sure why he just didn't say, "it's fine, I took some hits and I'll be having it examined tomorrow."

They both could have done better in my opinion.

Pappy

We may "liked to have answered" but that does not obligate Ben to answer. There are lines of questioning that reporters should not expect to get an answer on. Injuries are one of them.

I think at one time last year it was said only Coach Tomlin talks about that. ben was following policy. As you said AK was just to stupid to pick up on that.

Iron Shiek
09-15-2008, 12:15 PM
My favorite part of it all was that he was propping up his O-Line as usual. At least they deserved it more than last year when he would do it.

AngryAsian
09-15-2008, 12:28 PM
With more practice, our QB will learn to handle the press with more efficacy. He obviously wanted to avoid the question (whether it was on the advice from his coaching staff, medical staff or himself). Regardless of the reason, there was no revelation to be had and to tell you the truth, Andrea Kramer annoys the hell out me, so I could care less if her questions were answered. As for comparisons to Bellichump's prowess under the same line of questioning, I can't really see the parallel. Bellichump tries to always view everything as a piece to his elaborate scheme.... I don't think Ben's reasonings stem from the same perspective. I think the shoulder is something to be concerned over.

stlrz d
09-15-2008, 02:09 PM
Bellicheat is a coach. Coaches are expected to answer those questions.