PDA

View Full Version : Tag! You're IT for the AFC target after week 1

Hardliner
09-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Your are IT and congrats on that distinction. Thanks to Bernie Pollard's CLEAN hit on Brady last week, and thanks to Peyton Manning's rust, the problem in SD and Jax, the Steel is now the team to beat for the AFC title after.....ONE week!

For what it's worth, I think Pittsburgh is worthy of the target status and up to the task but what concerns me is that it is only week #ONE. Lots can happen between now and the end of the season but, for now, clearly, you ARE the one to beat.

Heavy wears the crown of the king in some instances but it's better to have it fitted than not get close to it, so enjoy. I'm glad for the Steel and all of you.

BigBen2112
09-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Your are IT and congrats on that distinction. Thanks to Bernie Pollard's CLEAN hit on Brady last week, and thanks to Peyton Manning's rust, the problem in SD and Jax, the Steel is now the team to beat for the AFC title after.....ONE week!

For what it's worth, I think Pittsburgh is worthy of the target status and up to the task but what concerns me is that it is only week #ONE. Lots can happen between now and the end of the season but, for now, clearly, you ARE the one to beat.

Heavy wears the crown of the king in some instances but it's better to have it fitted than not get close to it, so enjoy. I'm glad for the Steel and all of you.

I hope they dont sink under the pressure.

Ozey74
09-13-2008, 03:51 PM
I don't think they will. However, in the past, these Steelers have always performed better when they were underdogs....

:tt2

proudpittsburgher
09-13-2008, 09:59 PM
Hardliner, you are a classy troll, thanks for the compliment. But you have been around here and a fan of the league long enough to know that the national media will never proclaim the Steelers the team to beat. Hell, they never pick us to win the division. :tt2 And, although I am from Pittsburgh, I have lived in Fort Wayne indiana for about 10 years. And why do I make this distinction? It is the home of, you betcha, Bernard Pollard. :D :D Thanks Bernard, for sitting the blowhard down for a year

kennyes
09-14-2008, 05:04 AM
Hardliner, you are a classy troll, thanks for the compliment. But you have been around here and a fan of the league long enough to know that the national media will never proclaim the Steelers the team to beat. Hell, they never pick us to win the division. :tt2 And, although I am from Pittsburgh, I have lived in Fort Wayne indiana for about 10 years. And why do I make this distinction? It is the home of, you betcha, Bernard Pollard. :D :D Thanks Bernard, for sitting the blowhard down for a year

Hardliner is no troll... He is a classy member of this board as well as the Trib...

That being said I wish the best for KC this weekend as well...

BigBen2112
09-14-2008, 10:20 AM
I wished the best for KC last week and it didn't work out. :lol:

Hardliner
09-14-2008, 10:52 AM
As Tamba Hali's mom said a couple of years ago after viewing her son help in a victory at Arrowhead which was her very first viewed NFL game, "I get it. If the other team doesn't score, we win. If we score more, we still win."

That pretty much boils it down, eh? So, if the Steel goes wire to wire and....well, you get the rest. By the way, thanks for the props everyone. It's always fun to come over and kick it around with some of the best people in the NFL.

BIG FAN
09-14-2008, 11:42 AM
As always, showing class instead of azz.
Appreciate the good insight and compliment, as well as wishing your guys well this week.

stlrz d
09-14-2008, 11:53 AM

Hardliner is no troll... He is a classy member of this board as well as the Trib...

That being said I wish the best for KC this weekend as well...

Ditto. A troll is someone who's only purpose is to cause problems on a board.