PDA

View Full Version : Brown's Davis: "If we get fined, we get fined"

Flasteel
09-13-2008, 01:20 PM
Yeah, that it's Andra...give us another reason to kick your ass.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plainde ... xml&coll=2 (http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1221294888284330.xml&coll=2)

BROWNS INSIDER
Cleveland Browns linebacker Andra Davis says team must focus on stopping Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Browns linebacker Andra Davis has a plan for how to defend Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

"This game, we've just got to not worry about fines or late hits or whatever the referee is going to do," said Davis, who's 1-12 against the Steelers. "We've just got to go out and get him down because you know they take care of the quarterbacks in this league. But we've just got to put that behind us. If we get fined, we get fined. We've just got to make sure we get the job done."

Davis made it clear that he was advocating good, legal hits, not harming Roethlisberger, who suffered a shoulder injury last week on a sack by Houston defensive end Mario Williams. Roethlisberger is probable for Sunday.

Then why is he talking about taking fines?!

"Not necessarily go out there to hurt him, but I remember one play a couple of years ago, Nick Eason [now a Steeler] was on our team," Davis said. "He had him, but if you slam him to the ground you get a fine, so he let him go and they kept the play going. [Roethlisberger] made a big play on third down. That's what I'm saying. In a situation like that, you've got to make sure you get him down and worry about whatever's going to happen later."

Eason, concerned about NFL fines during that game in 2006, let Roethlisberger slip out of his grasp to avoid a flag and the quarterback hit receiver Santonio Holmes for a 20-yard touchdown pass en route to a 24-20 Steelers victory.

Linebacker Willie McGinest was docked $7,500 this week for "impermissable use of the helmet" for a hit on Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo last Sunday.

Willie or won't he?

The Browns know a key to the game will be containing Steelers running back Willie Parker, who rushed for 138 yards and a career-high three touchdowns last week against the Texans.

The 138 yards were the fourth-most by Parker and the most since he had a team-record 223 yards against the Browns on Dec. 7, 2006.

"He's a home-run back," Davis said. "He's small, he's fast and they've got a big, physical offensive line. He's the type of dude, you've just got to continue to go out there and keep after him the whole game. He's proven why he's a Pro Bowl back. You can stop him and stop him and he can break one for 50 yards. You have to stay fundamental - build that wall and set that edge and try to keep him inside, try to force him to our big guys. We've got our hands full."

Parker has rushed for more than 100 yards in four of the Steelers' nine straight victories against the Browns.

"If he gets a little crease, he's able to break for long distances," said Browns linebacker Kamerion Wimbley, who suffered a groin injury in practice on Thursday but is probable for Sunday.

Dawson unhappy?

ESPN.com reported late Friday night that place-kicker Phil Dawson is seeking a new deal with the Browns. The story, citing "multiple sources," says Dawson's agent, Neil Cornrich, had approached General Manager Phil Savage asking to restructure Dawson's contract. Dawson signed a five-year, $7.1 million extension in 2005.

Stallworth doubtful, Pool OK:

Browns receiver Donte' Stallworth sat out practice for the third day with a pulled quadriceps muscle and is listed as doubtful. He worked inside on his own during practice. . . . Safety Brodney Pool (concussion) is listed as questionable and was limited Friday, but said he'll play. "I feel a lot better than I did three weeks ago," he said. "I didn't want to rush it and miss another seven weeks, but I'm ready to be back." Receiver / returner Josh Cribbs (ankle) and offensive lineman Rex Hadnot (knee) are also questionable. Steelers cornerback DeShea Townsend (foot) is doubtful.

RuthlessBurgher
09-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Great...Andra Davis thinks he's Turkey Jones now. That's lovely. The league will be all over this now, and both teams should be warned before the start of the game that any hint of a late hit will be punished by ejection and possible suspension.

Shawn
09-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Hmm...interesting quote.

"You have to stay fundamental - build that wall and set that edge and try to keep him inside, try to force him to our big guys. We've got our hands full."

This right here is the problem. Parker must runner harder and stronger this season. I really hope this is the area of his game that he has worked on in the offseason.

I have liked what I have seen from Parker so far this season. He appears to be running with a grudge. Lets see if he can keep it up.

RuthlessBurgher
09-13-2008, 02:05 PM
Hmm...interesting quote.

"You have to stay fundamental - build that wall and set that edge and try to keep him inside, try to force him to our big guys. We've got our hands full."

This right here is the problem. Parker must runner harder and stronger this season. I really hope this is the area of his game that he has worked on in the offseason.

I have liked what I have seen from Parker so far this season. He appears to be running with a grudge. Lets see if he can keep it up.

On one of Willie's TD runs last game, it looked like Mario Williams was trying to set that edge and try to keep him inside, put he just ran through that open guard-center gap on the draw play for the TD.

Even though one defense plays the 4-3 and the other plays the 3-4, I think the Texans' top DE-DT-LB trio of M. Williams-A. Okoye-D. Ryans is better than Browns' top DE-DT-LB trio of C. Williams-S. Rogers-K. Wimbley. Neither team has all that much else on their defenses to write home about other than those 3 players.

blacknblue80s
09-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Nick Eason [now a Steeler] was on our team," Davis said. "He had him, but if you slam him to the ground you get a fine, so he let him go and they kept the play going.

Yea we all know how effective Nick Eason was 2 years ago...
More likely Ben did the slamming, while scanning the field for open receivers. :lol:

eniparadoxgma
09-13-2008, 08:58 PM
Someone named "Andra" is talking smack? Someone tell "Andra" to go knit me a sweater while the Steelers kick the crap out of her team.

Shawn
09-13-2008, 10:09 PM
Someone named "Andra" is talking smack? Someone tell "Andra" to go knit me a sweater while the Steelers kick the crap out of her team.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that's funny...even Andra would have to laugh at that.

AkronSteel
09-13-2008, 10:51 PM
I can't wait till tomorrow night. Not only are the Browns not that talented but they are not that smart either. Way to go Andrea, open your mouth and just give the Steelers a reason to kick your A$$. It was going to be bad enough but now I think this thing could get as ugly as OSU vs. USC.

Jooser
09-14-2008, 10:17 AM
:Hater Eat S H ! T, Andra! Punk :moon

BIG FAN
09-14-2008, 11:54 AM
If they try late hits, slamming our qb, or any other kind of that crap, I don't think our D will let Anderson survive the first half. We have to beat these guys into submission early, then put the embarrassment on them in prime time, with the whole nation watching. Let them run that mouth after that.

Shawn
09-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Jooser...awesome dog.

My first dog was an English Bulldog. Besides the fact that mine was a crap eater...he was a terrific pet. :D

Now, I'm into English Mastiffs. Big baby...but people are SOOO afraid of a puppy that is 150 pounds...LOL.

AngryAsian
09-14-2008, 06:50 PM
Jooser...awesome dog.

My first dog was an English Bulldog. Besides the fact that mine was a crap eater...he was a terrific pet. :D

Now, I'm into English Mastiffs. Big baby...but people are SOOO afraid of a puppy that is 150 pounds...LOL.

When I move out of my condo, I want to get some land so I can purchase one of these gentle giants.... just so our brethren can see the scale of these animals:

http://www.purerock96.com/Portals/0/airstaff/karen/mastiff.jpg

http://www.executivedogcenter.com/images/worldrecordhurcules.jpg

steeld95
09-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Man I hope this fires up our OL...What an idiot!!! Talk about putting the refs on alert...thanks moron!!!!

I would say this should be bulletin board material....but we all know we don't need bulletin board material to beat these idiots....

buckeyehoppy
09-14-2008, 07:39 PM
So...Andra Davis is saying that the only way to beat the Steelers is to cheat!?

Gee...it worked for the Pats*. Why not the Clowns who are so desperate for a big win that they are willing to cheat to achieve their ends?

RuthlessBurgher
09-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Jooser...awesome dog.

When I move out of my condo, I want to get some land so I can purchase one of these gentle giants.... just so our brethren can see the scale of these animals:

After seeing those pictures, if they renamed that section of Cleveland Browns Stadium "The English Mastiff Pound" I might be slightly intimidated. :lol:

stlrz d
09-14-2008, 08:05 PM
OMG, date rape????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2007/12/07/1197060094_0366.jpg

buckeyehoppy
09-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Jooser...awesome dog.

After seeing those pictures, if they renamed that section of Cleveland Browns Stadium "The English Mastiff Pound" I might be slightly intimidated. :lol:

Intimidated? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The breed of dog that most aptly describes the so-called "Dawg Pound" is the Chiahuahua...small, yappy, filled with attitude, couldn't hurt a fly.

Zigs
09-14-2008, 10:45 PM
Looks like Rodgers got in his cheap shot on Ben. :brownssuck

Steel Life
09-14-2008, 11:19 PM
Looks like Rodgers got in his cheap shot on Ben. :brownssuck
True that...I want to know why no penalty? :wft