PDA

View Full Version : Joe Flacco...

SteelTorch
09-12-2008, 05:33 PM
*Rant Warning*

I happened to see an article from ESPN already comparing him to Big Ben. I can't believe the love fest that's been going on for this guy. One game and suddenly people are singing his praises? :wft

http://www.nfl.com/players/joeflacco/profile?id=FLA009602

4.4 YPA, 63.7 rating, 51.7 completion %. And yes, those are terrible stats. But somehow, people forget that. Every time I read a review, they say the same thing: "he showed poise and didn't have a turnover." So friggin what? I'd say they won in spite of him, not because of him.

The only thing he did of note was rush 38 yards for a touchdown against a crappy Bengals D. Had the Ravens lost that game, I guarantee people would be pointing out how terribly he performed, not how well he performed. I understand he's a rookie, but people are talking about him as if he actually played well. :x

*Rant off*

Oh yeah, here's the article (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/0-0-329/Is-Flacco-taking-same-path-as-Big-Ben-.html) comparing Flacco to Ben.

Eddie Spaghetti
09-12-2008, 05:36 PM
bungles defense.

they were beyond pathetic.

silverback will break his legs.

and i will laugh.

Les 74
09-12-2008, 05:52 PM
bungles defense.

they were beyond pathetic.

silverback will break his legs.

and i will laugh.

Harry,why can't you be this funny all of the time??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iron Shiek
09-12-2008, 08:15 PM
*Rant Warning*

I happened to see an article from ESPN already comparing him to Big Ben. I can't believe the love fest that's been going on for this guy. One game and suddenly people are singing his praises? :wft

http://www.nfl.com/players/joeflacco/profile?id=FLA009602

4.4 YPA, 63.7 rating, 51.7 completion %. And yes, those are terrible stats. But somehow, people forget that. Every time I read a review, they say the same thing: "he showed poise and didn't have a turnover." So friggin what? I'd say they won in spite of him, not because of him.

The only thing he did of note was rush 38 yards for a touchdown against a crappy Bengals D. Had the Ravens lost that game, I guarantee people would be pointing out how terribly he performed, not how well he performed. I understand he's a rookie, but people are talking about him as if he actually played well. :x

*Rant off*

Oh yeah, here's the article (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/0-0-329/Is-Flacco-taking-same-path-as-Big-Ben-.html) comparing Flacco to Ben.

You have your right to rant. But can we just take a step back and read the article. Its not like they said he is the next Ben or Joe Montana or anything. All the article did was compare their situations and how similar Flacco's inheriting the job was to Ben's (i.e. not winning the job in camp but thrust into the starting role as a rookie). And you may not recall, but Ben didn't exactly light it up his first couple games, and he didn't need to since our running game was a force:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/gamelog?playerId=5536&sYear=2004

Ozey74
09-12-2008, 08:38 PM
Flacco certainly gave the Raven fans something to be optimistic about (even if it was against the Bungals). Let's see how he does the rest of the year before the comparisons to BB start.

The AFC N is way too easy. I think Cleveland came into the season WAY OVER-RATED. Now that they are expected to be good, I see them failing badly. Cincy is so bad, no explatation is needed. If Flacco starts playing like a rookie against better quality oppenents, the Ravens will suck. All of this points to the Steelers winning the AFC crown with ease.

What really helped our cause was all of the teams that were "supposed" to be better than us losing (Jacksonville, Colts, SD). I know that NE won, but they suffered the biggest loss of them all.

Shawn
09-12-2008, 09:42 PM
63.7 passer rating against the Bengals. :lol:

Do I really need to say anything else?

Iron Shiek
09-12-2008, 09:52 PM
63.7 passer rating against the Bengals. :lol:

Do I really need to say anything else?

Ben had ratings of 66, 63 and 33 against teams like the Redskins, Browns and Jets in his rookie year. I am not taking shots at Ben here. And I am not putting Flacco on a pedestool. Just saying the dude played one game. He didn't play great. He got the win in a game he had no business even being ready for. Nice job. Give him a chance to do it longer before you rail on him. You guys sound like Faneca did when Ben had to come in and play. :D

Now for my true hopes: He gets pummeled by the entire Steelers LB core enough that he just ends up taking a shotgun snap, laying down and getting into the fetal position in the middle of that ugly crest at midfield in the Ratbird nest.

:ratsuck

Ozey74
09-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Now for my true hopes: He gets pummeled by the entire Steelers LB core enough that he just ends up taking a shotgun snap, laying down and getting into the fetal position in the middle of that ugly crest at midfield in the Ratbird nest.

Yes!! The atmosphere at Heinz Feild on 9/29 for the Monday Night game will be unlike anything he's every seen!

Iron Shiek
09-12-2008, 09:57 PM

Yes!! The atmosphere at Heinz Feild on 9/29 for the Monday Night game will be unlike anything he's every seen!

What do you mean?! That raucous atmosphere at Delaware ( :shock: ) makes Heinz field...and the accompanying blitzing linebackers...look like a stroll through the park.

Ozey74
09-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Although I have never been to the the home stadium for the Delaware Blue Hens, I doubt the fans that fill it are intimidating as the Steeler fans at Heinz field for a Monday night game. **no offense to the board members from Delaware**

Iron Shiek
09-12-2008, 10:07 PM
Although I have never been to the the home stadium for the Delaware Blue Hens, I doubt the fans that fill it are intimidating as the Steeler fans at Heinz field for a Monday night game. **no offense to the board members from Delaware**

Ha yeah I was being silly. He is in trouble!