PDA

View Full Version : Townsend Out, McFadden to Start versus Brown

Oviedo
09-12-2008, 01:31 PM
This is McFadden's big chance.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08256/911718-66.stm

Iron Shiek
09-12-2008, 01:32 PM
Yeah I've been seeing reports that Townsend wasn't practicing and he did not look game ready according to Mike Tomlin. This is a blow to the 2ndary, good thing they have no #2 WR worthy of worry. Still a blow, nonetheless.

Shawn
09-12-2008, 01:34 PM
Definately a blow but Faddy is up to the challenge.

SteelerNation1
09-12-2008, 01:35 PM
I don't like this. Townsend is so savvy. I hope BMac brings his A game.

frankthetank1
09-12-2008, 01:40 PM
I don't like this. Townsend is so savvy. I hope BMac brings his A game.

i dont like that at all either. townsend is very solid and smart. i like bmac a lot too and i think he will play well

Discipline of Steel
09-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Worse, if McFad shines too brightly, he could price himself out of the Steelers lineup next year as he is in a contract year.

BURGH86STEEL
09-12-2008, 01:43 PM
I do not worry about Mcfadden starting. I think he can do a good job. I think the concern comes when teams go to 3 WR sets. This is where the depth may be tested the most. Is Gay up to the challenge?

phillyesq
09-12-2008, 01:44 PM
I hope that McFadden makes the most of his opportunity, but more than that, I hope that Townsend returns quickly.

Shawn
09-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Worse, if McFad shines too brightly, he could price himself out of the Steelers lineup next year as he is in a contract year.

Exactly...and thats why Townsend was starting. The only reason.

AkronSteel
09-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Well this hurts, but hey what ya gonna do??

I'm not really worried about BMac, I think he will do fine. I'm sure that Lebeau and Tomlin will shadow BE with Ike. I think that Gay will play well, he always has when given the oppurtunity. It's not like the Browns have any receivers that are going to really challenge the secondary besides BE. I guess this would mean that Anthony Smith will be active this week and probably in the Dime package. This is my only concern. The only way this team is going to lose on Sunday is if they do not play disciplined ball. I just don't wanna see Anthony making stupid mistakes in coverage and blowing stops with stupid penalties.

:2c

RuthlessBurgher
09-12-2008, 02:57 PM
I'd imagine that they'll just have Ike shadow Braylon all game long. With Stallworth and Jurevicius out, McFadden will be matched against who...Syndric Steptoe? Not a huge deal.

Oviedo
09-12-2008, 03:01 PM
:shock: OMG. I just realized that this means Anthony Smith will probably be active...crap!

BIG FAN
09-12-2008, 03:15 PM
I think it's not a big deal.
When we get after D.A. with a full frontal blitz, knock him down whatever he will cough it up.
McFadden looks like he's up to it.
Our much maligned secondary has improved.
I said last year it will take a solid pass rush to make our db's look a unit others HAVE to respect.
We got one now.
So, it's not a big deal.

phillyesq
09-12-2008, 03:27 PM

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. I think that Townsend might be the Steelers best cover corner. He gives up some completions (as do all corners), but he is almost always in good position, and you very rarely see him get beat deep.

BIG FAN
09-12-2008, 03:35 PM

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. I think that Townsend might be the Steelers best cover corner. He gives up some completions (as do all corners), but he is almost always in good position, and you very rarely see him get beat deep.

100 % Agreement.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-12-2008, 06:18 PM
This is McFadden's big chance.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08256/911718-66.stm

Wasn't he the guy that broke up Peyton Manning's last two shots to the endzone in the '05 playoff game (overtime?), and as a rookie no less?

If the guy never makes another play for the Steelers he still deserves major :Bow from all Steeler fans for those two plays. Those two passes were ones that Manning had completed many times in the past to drive a stake through the hearts of his opponents ... and here's a rookie DENYING the dude ... and then off we go to Detroit.

Having said that, I hope he has 3 pics for runback TDs on Sunday night :D

(And if I got my facts wrong, that shouldn't get in the way of a good rant!!)