PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin: Roethlisberger's shoulder 'a little sore'

fordfixer
09-10-2008, 12:39 AM
Tomlin: Roethlisberger's shoulder 'a little sore'
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, September 9, 2008

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 87325.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_587325.html)

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will be limited in practice Wednesday by a minor shoulder problem but coach Mike Tomlin said it is nothing serious.

"He's just a little sore," Tomlin said today at his weekly news conference.

Other Steelers that won't participate fully in practice include left tackle Marvel Smith (groin strain) and cornerback Deshea Townsend (heel contusion).

Both, along with Roethlisberger, are expected to play Sunday night when the Steelers try to run their winning streak against the Cleveland Browns.

The Browns are coming off a 10-win season and are expected to challenge the Steelers for the AFC North title this season.

Cleveland is coming off a disappointing 28-10 loss to Dallas at home but Tomlin said he expects the Browns to be much better in the second week of the season.

"A lot has been said and written about what this (Cleveland) is capable of," Tomlin said, "and deservedly so."

Two Steelers are up for NFL honors following the first week of the season.

Outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley is one of five finalists for the Defensive Player of the Week award while running back Willie Parker is one of three finalists for the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week.

Parker, playing in his first regular-season game since breaking his lower right leg last December, rushed for 138 yards and a career-high three touchdowns in the Steelers' 38-17 win over the Texans.

Woodley, making his first career start, had a sack and his first-career interception against the Texans. He also recovered a fumble.

Winners for the weekly awards are determined by fan voting.

To vote for the defensive player of the week go here. To vote for the NFL Player of the Week go here.

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

costanza2k1
09-10-2008, 03:51 PM
[youtube:2uuuhn4y]W16wau8j1WA[/youtube:2uuuhn4y]

SteelTorch
09-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Glad to see Tomlin isn't taking Cleveland lightly. Even though they're overrated IMO, it's a deadly mistake to underestimate any team. We barely beat them twice last year (though I think that close game was a fluke), and I sure as heck am not about to see them lose yet. Go get 'em Steelers! Make an example out of those turds! :brownssuck

Iron Shiek
09-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Glad to see Tomlin isn't taking Cleveland lightly. Even though they're overrated IMO, it's a deadly mistake to underestimate any team. We barely beat them twice last year (though I think that close game was a fluke), and I sure as heck am not about to see them lose yet. Go get 'em Steelers! Make an example out of those turds! :brownssuck

C'mon. Tomlin doesn't strike me as a coach that would ever do anything like that. He really seems to have his $hit together, and I think it rubs off on his players (not the $hit, but you know what I'm saying :D )

AkronSteel
09-10-2008, 10:51 PM
No way the Steelers overlook the Browns with all the media hype the Browns got in the offseason. This is a statement game and the Steelers will make one. I don't think the Browns have a fighting chance in this game. They have opened their mouths all offseason and now it is time for the Steelers to shut them up!

ikestops85
09-11-2008, 09:14 AM
C'mon. Tomlin doesn't strike me as a coach that would ever do anything like that. He really seems to have his $hit together, and I think it rubs off on his players (not the $hit, but you know what I'm saying :D )

Do you think Tomlin went to the Bob Knight school of coaching where they teach you to show the team your **** covered toilet paper? :moon :shock: :lol: