PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben Shoulder injury?

Iron Shiek
09-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Sirius NFL Radio 2 minute drill update specifically brought up the fact that Steeler Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is expected to play Sunday night despite a shoulder injury. ?

I know he had a leg issue during the game, did I miss this. Anyone know what that's about?

Shawn
09-09-2008, 03:14 PM
First I have heard of this.

Oviedo
09-09-2008, 03:16 PM
Read it happened when he got sacked from behind by Williams and fumbled. He stayed in the game so this is just a precaution.

Maybe sandbagging the Browns a little in all this.

Iron Shiek
09-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Ha. If Tomlin comes out wearing a hoody next week then I will start worrying.

Jigawatts
09-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Ha. If Tomlin comes out wearing a hoody next week then I will start worrying.

That would be hilarious if he did. :lol:

Iron Shiek
09-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Already Marvel? I think I saw an article to sign him to a new deal immediately...? Come on man, end a game healthy and then we can have that article written...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/09/bens-shoulder-is-sore/

BEN’S SHOULDER IS SORE
Posted by Mike Florio on September 9, 2008, 1:23 p.m. EDT
The Steelers’ resounding 38-17 win over the Houston Texans has been tempered, a bit. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger emerged from the game with a sore shoulder.

“He’s just a little sore,” coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday at his weekly press conference.

Still, Roethlisberger could be limited this week in practice.

Also injured are left tackle Marvel Smith (groin) and cornerback Deshea Townsend (heel). Both are expected to be limited in practice, but all three are expected to play on Sunday night against the Browns.

frankthetank1
09-09-2008, 03:58 PM
at least its his groin and not his back. i guess

Shawn
09-09-2008, 04:03 PM
This is the problem with signing Smith long term. If it's not one injury it's another.

Iron Shiek
09-09-2008, 04:13 PM
I know there isn't scientific evidence, but I thought back problems can spawn hamstring and groin issues. It seems they are usually tied to one another in many players.

Shawn
09-09-2008, 04:21 PM
I know there isn't scientific evidence, but I thought back problems can spawn hamstring and groin issues. It seems they are usually tied to one another in many players.

Yep...you are indeed correct. I'm sure it's the case here but anytime you have an injury and favor it/compensate you place undue strain on other parts of the body predisposing them to injury.

Iron Shiek
09-09-2008, 04:23 PM

Yep...you are indeed correct. I'm sure it's the case here but anytime you have an injury and favor it/compensate you place undue strain on other parts of the body predisposing them to injury.

IN OTHER WORDS: Lay off the "SIGN MARVEL TO A NEW CONTRACT" stuff everyone until he can show he is fully healthy after 1 friggin game.

AkronSteel
09-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Well Marvel should have sometime to get healthy this week! It's not like he is going to be facing any type of pass rush. He could probably protect Ben's blindside while sitting indian style singing koombaya!!! :lol:

The only thing that bothers me with his injury is that he will miss time working with the 1st team, giving them time to gel in practice.

Ozey74
09-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Roethlisberger, every game, seems to take a hit that will have all of us questioning his health on a weekly basis. Sometimes I wonder if he overacts for the camera sometimes. His play rarely suffers.

:tt2

NKySteeler
09-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Players get "dinged" in almost every game. More emphasis is placed on it when they hold such a high position as qb.... It is nothing. Hopefully.