PDA

View Full Version : How does the rest of the season shape up?

Oviedo
09-09-2008, 08:11 AM
As we saw during Week #1 injuries can change the dynamic of an entire season. We saw a quick glimpse of some of our competition. Things can change but I think this is an updated realistic assessement:

vs Texans. Win in the book

@ Browns-L. This game is everything to the Browns. They know they have to win or their season is pretty much over. My one pessimistic game of the year.

@ Eagles -W. Battle of Pennsylvania. Tough, close win for Steelers.

vs. Ravens-W. Oh no Flacco. Defense eats rookie alive.

@ Jaguars -W. OL decimated by injuries means no running game and as I said we see that Garrard is a fraud. There will be as many Steeler fans at game as Jag fans and team feeds off the energy.

Bye Week

@ Bengals-W. Bumgals implosion complete after Steeler win here. Chad shuts down for season saying that his shoulder is preventing him from playing at the level he is use to.

vs. Giants-W. Tough game, but Steelers get close win.

@ Redskins-W. Campbell is regressing and may not be starter.

vs. Colts -W. Manning just doesn't look right

vs. Chargers -L. Still a tough one.

vs. Bengals-W. Lewis fired by now and Bumgals start all over--again.

@ Patriots-W. Pats still tough at home, but Cassel will have enough game film on him by this point to have his weaknesses exposed. Pats defense feeling old because of all the time they are on the field.

vs. Cowboys-L (hangover after beating Pats). Tough game. Real toss up that can go either way.

@ Ravens-W. Big blow out win.

@ Titans-L. Titans tough at home and we have division sewed up by this point bof the season and looking ahead to play offs.

vs. Browns-W. We won't let Stains win at our house and will just emphasize they are boys playing gainst men.

If all the right players stay healthy we have the upside of 12-4 as shown above. Injuries change everything, but this looks to be a good team.

frankthetank1
09-09-2008, 08:17 AM
that seems about right. the only thing i think will happen is another sweep of the stains. i think the steelers have the best shot at a division sweep than they have ever had before. so much can happen though its only week 2 so who knows. it does seem that the colts, chargers and pats are all not as good as last year. i also think jax isnt as good but the titans are better than they were, but they still have vince young for a qb

Oviedo
09-09-2008, 08:20 AM
that seems about right. the only thing i think will happen is another sweep of the stains. i think the steelers have the best shot at a division sweep than they have ever had before. so much can happen though its only week 2 so who knows. it does seem that the colts, chargers and pats are all not as good as last year. i also think jax isnt as good but the titans are better than they were, but they still have vince young for a qb

I hope you are right, but I just have a bad feeling about this weekend. This game is too important to the Browns. It is their whole season. They know that the fans will turn on them if they lose the first two and they will have a QB controversy.

I hope I'm wrong.

frankthetank1
09-09-2008, 08:26 AM

I hope you are right, but I just have a bad feeling about this weekend. This game is too important to the Browns. It is their whole season. They know that the fans will turn on them if they lose the first two and they will have a QB controversy.

I hope I'm wrong.

i have a bad feeling too, just because its been so long since the steelers lost to the browns and the last loss was a sunday night game. your right though, they cant start out 0-2. if the steelers play like they did on sunday it will be a blow out. the browns defense is just too bad to compensate for

SteelerNation1
09-09-2008, 08:45 AM
C'mon frank and Ov. Sure, it's the Clowns season, but barring any special teams gaffes, we should roll that team. Their hideous defense can't stop us. According to Keisel and a few others, the Steelers really didn't show the Clowns anything. I expect to win, not only because we are the Steelers and they are the Clowns, but because we are the better team.

frankthetank1
09-09-2008, 08:49 AM
C'mon frank and Ov. Sure, it's the Clowns season, but barring any special teams gaffes, we should roll that team. Their hideous defense can't stop us. According to Keisel and a few others, the Steelers really didn't show the Clowns anything. I expect to win, not only because we are the Steelers and they are the Clowns, but because we are the better team.

your right the steelers SHOULD beat up on the clowns, but who knows. anything can happen, but their defense is pretty terrible. if the defense gets pressure on da like they did sunday it should be an easy win. i still have some doubt though

Iron Shiek
09-09-2008, 09:15 AM

your right the steelers SHOULD beat up on the clowns, but who knows. anything can happen, but their defense is pretty terrible. if the defense gets pressure on da like they did sunday it should be an easy win. i still have some doubt though

Just like we SHOULD have beat those teams down the stretch last year. I understand this is a prediction thread and opinion filled, but things never go as they should.

With that said: HERE WE GO STEELERS! 12-4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!! :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :Steel :Steel :Steel

:D

calmkiller
09-09-2008, 09:45 AM
To much is being made of week one. IMO. 11-5 this season.

papillon
09-09-2008, 09:57 AM
If the Steelers lose to the Browns this weekend then the Steelers aren't that good and they will probably be 9-7 or 8-8. Losing to the Browns would indicate to me that the Steelers are going to be inconsistent at best and it will take a year for this offensive line to gel and work together.

There's absolutely no way the Steelers should lose a game in the division this year, unless, they have it wrapped up and they're playing backups to protect the starters from injury, similar to last year's Ravens II.

Pappy

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-09-2008, 12:34 PM

Just like we SHOULD have beat those teams down the stretch last year. I understand this is a prediction thread and opinion filled, but things never go as they should. ...

:Agree
Iron Shiek I agree 100% - you never know about the season till it's over (Giants win a Superbowl?). All we can do is 1 game at a time, and I'd bet at least even money that Tomlin is doing his best to make sure staff and players are as focused on this next game as if it were the Superbowl.

And I agree with the following you said also:
With that said: HERE WE GO STEELERS! 12-4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!! :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :Steel :Steel :Steel

:D

ANPSTEEL
09-09-2008, 12:48 PM
If the Steelers lose to the Browns this weekend then the Steelers aren't that good and they will probably be 9-7 or 8-8. Losing to the Browns would indicate to me that the Steelers are going to be inconsistent at best and it will take a year for this offensive line to gel and work together.

There's absolutely no way the Steelers should lose a game in the division this year, unless, they have it wrapped up and they're playing backups to protect the starters from injury, similar to last year's Ravens II.

Pappy

i agree with this completely...

Cinci & Balt both looked terrible, and sure cleveland was playing one of the top teams in the league, but they didn't do anything to make me think they're ready to seriously challenge for the division.

on another note...
regarding the upcoming game against Jax- not only does the potential loss of multiple OLinemen help- but IMO- the biggest loss to jax, was Marcus Stroud leaving for Buffalo.

Jigawatts
09-09-2008, 12:54 PM
@ Browns-L. This game is everything to the Browns. They know they have to win or their season is pretty much over. My one pessimistic game of the year.

Romeo, Romeo, where art though brains. The man is completely lost as a coach
and can not manage the game. If this isn't a blowout, we win by a stupid coaching
decision.

vs. Ravens-W. Oh no Flacco. Defense eats rookie alive.

Usually, but with the exemption of last Sunday, it seems like we've been making
"green" qb's look much better than they are. I can't figure this out. Maybe because
they have no idea how to read the defense, so don't even try to. They'd probably
be more confused trying to figure out the scheme than just going out there and playing.
I think this game will be closer than it should be, but we win.

Bye Week

We do some serious damage here.

vs. Browns-W. We won't let Stains win at our house and will just emphasize they are boys playing gainst men.

We lose this one. Byron and the backups can't get the job done while our
starters rest. :wink:

Oviedo
09-09-2008, 01:00 PM
No way the Steelers let the Browns come to Heinz Field and beat them the last game of the season. I think Tomlin and the players are way too competitive to allow that to happen in "our house."

Jigawatts
09-09-2008, 01:04 PM
No way the Steelers let the Browns come to Heinz Field and beat them the last game of the season. I think Tomlin and the players are way too competitive to allow that to happen in "our house."

I really don't think they beat us either. But this is their super bowl and they're due.
With our back ups playing, this is the best chance they have.

SteelHoss
09-09-2008, 02:55 PM

Pappy

:Agree The Steelers should sweep the North. I believe the inconsistencies we have seen in the past will not surface this season largely because of new faces and newly found leadership. "Inspirational Play" all around in a nutshell. :tt1 :tt1 :tt2 :tt2

Iron Shiek
09-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Yeah maybe Faneca's crap attitude was infecting others...?

Anyhow, lets keep things in perspective. One game at a time. Concentrate on the next opponent. Win one for the Gipper. No new taxes. Amen. :P

After about 4 or 5 games, you are who you are. So we will know in a few weeks what this team is capable of.

AngryAsian
09-09-2008, 04:02 PM

Anyhow, lets keep things in perspective. One game at a time. Concentrate on the next opponent. Win one for the Gipper. No new taxes. Amen. :P

After about 4 or 5 games, you are who you are. So we will know in a few weeks what this team is capable of.

I'm with the shiek.... one game at a time. Browns? Win for the good guys. Cowboys ran right down their throats and we have a more potent tandem than the boys. As for Anderson, he has one consistent guy to throw to and BE has the dropsies. Our D is hungry and looking to show the league which defensive beast has the biggest fangs in the NFL. Am I being a homer, probably... but they have nobody in their secondary and Ben was just getting his arm warmed up against the Texans. Mark it here now. Ben will throw for 300+ in this game and we will come out with a WIN.

Iron Shiek
09-09-2008, 04:15 PM

I'm with the shiek.... one game at a time. Browns? Win for the good guys. Cowboys ran right down their throats and we have a more potent tandem than the boys. As for Anderson, he has one consistent guy to throw to and BE has the dropsies. Our D is hungry and looking to show the league which defensive beast has the biggest fangs in the NFL. Am I being a homer, probably... but they have nobody in their secondary and Ben was just getting his arm warmed up against the Texans. Mark it here now. Ben will throw for 300+ in this game and we will come out with a WIN.

Yeah you would hope the Steelers coaches recognize this obvious weakness and attack it. Bombs away man!