PDA

View Full Version : Farrior: Don't count Patriots out just yet

fordfixer
09-09-2008, 01:33 AM
Farrior: Don't count Patriots out just yet
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08253/910596-66.stm

As Las Vegas oddsmakers rushed to shuffle the deck in the AFC after the knee injury to New England quarterback Tom Brady, so, too, have players and coaches around the league contemplated what it meant in their world.

Steelers defensive captain James Farrior was no different when he expressed his opinion yesterday that the Patriots might come back to the rest of the pack because of it.

"Probably so," Farrior said. "I mean, he's the best quarterback in the league. He made that team go and they were pretty much the best team in the league.

"Everyone wanted to keep up with those guys.

"But now, it's a different dynamic without him in there and it will be interesting to see what those guys do. It changes things."

Farrior, however, advised those who believe the Patriots are dead in the water without Brady to think otherwise.

"Who knows, man. Bill Belichick is one of the best coaches.

"When those guys get hurt, they know how to plug people in. But that's a big plug to fill, so I don't know how it's going to work out."
First published on September 9, 2008 at 12:00 am

rpmpit
09-09-2008, 07:04 AM
That's it, keep saying the right things. But James knows what we all know - the Pats are done.

anger 82&95
09-09-2008, 07:56 AM
Appease them, placate them, and then crush them like the maggots that they are!

phillyesq
09-09-2008, 08:12 AM
I hope to see comments like this not just from Farrior, but from the rest of the NFL. Don't give them a bunch of quotes saying that they're done to rally around. Keep casting them as front runners.

Oviedo
09-09-2008, 08:17 AM
The Pats will be no worse than 10-6. They are still a good team. The difference will be Casssell will have more and more film on him and by the 2nd half of the season defensive coordinators will be able to game plan him and we will see a Derek Anderson like second half fade.

frankthetank1
09-09-2008, 08:22 AM
the pats still have the easiest schedule in the nfl, but the bills look good and the jets look better than they were. i love how all the know it all media types now think the jets have a great shot at the afc east and they dont even mention the bills. idiots

SteelerNation1
09-09-2008, 08:46 AM
Tell us how you really feel! :D

anger 82&95
09-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Tell us how you really feel! :DYes, a bit over the top I admitů But it was deeply cathartic.

frankthetank1
09-09-2008, 10:14 AM
the more i think about it the less i like the idea of brady being hurt. if the steelers beat the pats with cassell and not brady it doesnt mean as much to me. i want to beat them at full strength, but one could argue playing the steelers with cassell is pretty similar to playing the pats with two back up safties

Oviedo
09-09-2008, 10:17 AM
the more i think about it the less i like the idea of brady being hurt. if the steelers beat the pats with cassell and not brady it doesnt mean as much to me. i want to beat them at full strength, but one could argue playing the steelers with cassell is pretty similar to playing the pats with two back up safties

I don't care if Brady's girlfirend is playing QB as long as we get the W.

RuthlessBurgher
09-09-2008, 06:54 PM

I don't care if Brady's girlfirend is playing QB as long as we get the W.

I have end zone seats...where do you think my binoculars would be focused if that were the case? Wait, crap, that game is in Foxboro. Never mind. :twisted:

LasVegasGuy
09-09-2008, 07:08 PM
The Pats will be no worse than 10-6. They are still a good team. The difference will be Casssell will have more and more film on him and by the 2nd half of the season defensive coordinators will be able to game plan him and we will see a Derek Anderson like second half fade.

10-6 is way wrong my friend. Let's say hypothetically speaking the Patriots finished 13-3 with Brady. You mean to tell me losing him and plugging in Cassell is only a 3 game difference? Try about 8 game difference. This team will struggle to get to 8-8 in my opinion.

rpmpit
09-10-2008, 07:16 AM

10-6 is way wrong my friend. Let's say hypothetically speaking the Patriots finished 13-3 with Brady. You mean to tell me losing him and plugging in Cassell is only a 3 game difference? Try about 8 game difference. This team will struggle to get to 8-8 in my opinion.

:Agree

frankthetank1
09-10-2008, 07:24 AM
i see the pats going 8-8 i would be suprised if they can win more than 8 games. not even thinking about cassell, their defense isnt that good anymore and i can see them having problems running the ball against good defenses

BIG FAN
09-11-2008, 03:00 AM

Excellent perception.