PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville is in serious trouble!

costanza2k1
09-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Jaguars lose G Manuwai for season to ACL tear

Coach Jack Del Rio revealed Monday that LG Vince Manuwai tore his ACL in the Jaguars' opener. He will be placed on injured reserve, ending his season.
Manuwai is a mauling run blocker, so this isn't good news for Fred Taylor or Maurice Jones-Drew on inside runs. Already down C Brad Meester, Jacksonville is now thinning badly at guard with Maurice Williams also hurt. Four of the Jags' top six offensive linemen are on the shelf. Sep. 8 - 3:30 pm et

Man they almost lost their entire line. I've been too busy bashing the Pats to realize this. This will hurt their running game and certainly won't help their passing game. I wonder if their backups are training in the art of holding (see AFC playoff game).

SteelerNation1
09-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Wow, that is bad. I wonder what their depth is like. Let's hope they don't figure things out until after we smash them on SNF in a few weeks. :wink:

RuthlessBurgher
09-08-2008, 08:33 PM
They can have Max Starks for 2nd round pick! :lol:

NKySteeler
09-08-2008, 08:54 PM

LoL!... If the news out of Jax is truly that bad, this may be a good deal.....

Les 74
09-08-2008, 09:26 PM

I'd be happy with a box of ho-ho's.

AkronSteel
09-08-2008, 09:27 PM
I heard about this earlier! The Collier Story is sad, I hate to see something like that happen to someone for no reason. Senseless crimes are terrible!!

The injuries are tough! According to their depth chart the only players available for them are Tutan Reyes and Uche Nwaneri, and they have to start. They lost both starting guards and their swing tackle in all of 5 days. That is a rough way to start the year. It looks like it could be a long season for another Super Bowl favorite. LeCharles Bentley may actually get his shot with that team, they really don't have many other options.

I would hate to see something like that happen to the Steelers!!! Everybody knock on wood b/c it looks like the injury bug is going around!!!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-08-2008, 10:03 PM
All these injuries around the league are making me nervous. I wish our O-line was a little deeper. I know it was just a joke, but I wouldn't want to get rid of Starks.

fordfixer
09-08-2008, 11:25 PM

You keep the girl's you date in a box? :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
09-08-2008, 11:29 PM

Casey Hampton suggests making that trade. :lol:

BigBen2112
09-09-2008, 10:45 AM
To be completely honest? I would trade Starks or Essex to them for a 4th+ round pick and then go out and sign Bentley. I know Bentley isn't a T but to be completely honest I dont have much faith in Starks or Essex so if they'd take one for a 4th rounder or MORE then i would definitely do it. It's more than worth it in my opinion b/c we'd still have one of the two above and Hills, who while he sucks is just as reliable as Essex and the 7 million dollar man. Get the pick and be happy to be rid of the 7 million too!

costanza2k1
09-09-2008, 11:06 AM
John Clayton:

Jags perilously thin along O-line

Monday, September 8, 2008 | Print Entry

The Jaguars' draft-day decision to trade up to get pass-rushing defensive end Derrick Harvey seemed good at the time, but they might have cost themselves dearly for the season. Instead of drafting an offensive lineman in the first round (the original plan), the Jaguars gave up two third-rounders and a fourth-rounder to trade up to the No. 8 pick to get Harvey.

Now, the Jaguars are in trouble. They've lost the interior of their offensive line because of injuries. Guard Vince Manuwai is out for the season with a knee injury and center Brad Meester and right guard Maurice Williams are out indefinitely with torn biceps. Backup left tackle Richard Collier is out for the season after being a victim in a shooting last week. Down four of their top seven offensive linemen, the Jaguars look like the 2008 version of the St. Louis Rams, who lost most of their offensive line in the first month.

QB concerns as well? Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio might not want to hear this, but he might have to keep an extra quarterback around. David Garrard took a beating in Week 1 by the Titans' defensive line. He was sacked seven times, and he took several more hits. After the game, he told teammate Fred Taylor he was as sore as he has been in a long time. All of the AFC South teams keep only two quarterbacks on their 53-man rosters. In a physical division that features great pass-rushers or powerful interior defensive tackles, it might be wise to keep three quarterbacks around.

BigBen2112
09-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Again, trade them Starks/Essex.

Oviedo
09-09-2008, 11:18 AM
I guess the Jags didn't draft enough OL :stirpot

BigBen2112
09-09-2008, 11:19 AM
BTW is Shane Olivea still available? Floyd Womack might be available for them as well. Ross Tucker should be available as well?

proudpittsburgher
09-09-2008, 11:43 AM

:P

costanza2k1
09-09-2008, 11:50 AM

They should be able to build a new line through the waiver wire. :stirpot :P

papillon
09-09-2008, 11:50 AM
Again, trade them Starks/Essex.

Essex may be doable, but, rememebr Max is guaranteed 7 million this year from somebody. Even a desperate team isn't eating the entire 7 million, so, the Steelers would be trading away experienced depth and still paying a portion of his salary (IMO). Essex is another story and that might be worth a draft pick. Again, though, even though Essex may not be in the future plans, he is good to have around this year as insurance.

Pappy