PDA

View Full Version : Brady to have surgery, miss rest of 2008 seasonby FOXSports.

fordfixer
09-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Brady to have surgery, miss rest of 2008 seasonby FOXSports.com

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8539262?MSNHPHMA

Updated: September 8, 2008, 2:07 PM EST 10 comments add this RSS blog email print The worst fears of New England Patriots fans have been realized. According to a release issued by the team, quarterback Tom Brady's 2008 season is over.

"After extensive tests this morning, it was revealed that New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's left knee, which was injured in the first quarter of yesterday's game, will require surgery. He will be placed on injured reserve and will miss the remainder of the 2008 season."
MORE TO COME

proudpittsburgher
09-08-2008, 03:30 PM

Updated: September 8, 2008, 2:07 PM EST 10 comments add this RSS blog email print The worst fears of New England Patriots fans have been realized. According to a release issued by the team, quarterback Tom Brady's 2008 season is over.

"After extensive tests this morning, it was revealed that New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's left knee, which was injured in the first quarter of yesterday's game, will require surgery. He will be placed on injured reserve and will miss the remainder of the 2008 season."
MORE TO COME

Ah, if we only had a little smiley playing the worlds smallest violin. :stirpot

BigBen2112
09-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Wow. That is indeed shocking, even though I expected that his injury was severe. We'll see how the rest of the year plays out I guess.

RuthlessBurgher
09-08-2008, 03:33 PM

MORE TO COME

Ah, if we only had a little smiley playing the worlds smallest violin. :stirpot

The President offers his condolences after this national tragedy...with help from his tiny violin.

http://blogs.citypages.com/canderson/images/smallestviolin.jpg

costanza2k1
09-08-2008, 03:34 PM
http://fliiby.com/images/_original/clja6gwrke.gif

proudpittsburgher
09-08-2008, 03:56 PM
ahh, I knew you guys wouldn't let me down. :Beer

phillyesq
09-08-2008, 04:12 PM
According to PFT and NFL.com, he's going to be placed on IR.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=8ABA14B5BE5E620B7129546EB961E03E? id=09000d5d80a95089&template=with-video&confirm=true

MeetJoeGreene
09-08-2008, 04:12 PM
On another note, the NFL network is set to air: Missing Rings: The 2008 Patriots -- outlining the impact of Tom Brady's tragic injury in the first game.

proudpittsburgher
09-08-2008, 04:15 PM
On another note, the NFL network is set to air: Missing Rings: The 2008 Patriots -- outlining the impact of Tom Brady's tragic injury in the first game.

Ah, the NFL network where NFL stands for

No
Football
(outside of the Patriots and Colts)
League

Les 74
09-08-2008, 04:44 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

These are tears of joy,btw. :lol:

Eddie Spaghetti
09-08-2008, 04:49 PM
i can't stop laughing.

bellicheat said in his presser that they always coach within the rules. too bad he doesn't practice what he says he preaches.

Ozey74
09-08-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm in day #2 of my search for something negative about this situation. I just can't find one.

Brady & Belicheck are condescending A-hole's. F them and the Pats!!!

AkronSteel
09-08-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm in day #2 of my search for something negative about this situation. I just can't find one.

The only negative is the fact that the Patsy Fans have an excuse when we kick the crap out of them in November!

On a serious note, I don't ever wanna see someone go down like this but, it couldn't have happened to a better organization. Karma is a B$%^H ! Cheat your way out of this one Bellicheat!

Ozey74
09-08-2008, 05:32 PM

The only negative is the fact that the Patsy Fans have an excuse when we kick the crap out of them in November!

On a serious note, I don't ever wanna see someone go down like this but, it couldn't have happened to a better organization. Karma is a B$%^H ! Cheat your way out of this one Bellicheat!

I will always have KARMA as my counterpoint to the arguement that you brought up!

Like you, I don't want to see anyone go down in injury. But this is different -It's the F'in Patriots!!!

It will be interesting to see next week how full the Patriots room at the sportsbar I go to is. It was pretty full yesterday!!

AkronSteel
09-08-2008, 05:34 PM

I will always have KARMA as my counterpoint to the arguement that you brought up!

Like you, I don't want to see anyone go down in injury. But this is different -It's the F'in Patriots!!!

It will be interesting to see next week how full the Patriots room at the sportsbar I go to is. It was pretty full yesterday!!

I'm sure it was pretty quiet in that room after the 1st 7 minutes of that game too!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Anyone else find it odd that as of now none of the links tell exactly what is wrong with the knee? Torn ACL?

Or maybe ... it's a minor problem that really isn't season-ending? Why would that happen? Maybe 1) Some kind of deal the NFL made with that pig owner of the *s - "we'll keep Spector at bay and won't let them take away your 4 Cheat-bardi trophies, but you have to forfeit the season ... how you do it is up to you...".

Or, 2) Brady knows without the answers to the defense being piped into his headphones (meaning, the answers based on the stolen and taped signals) he's just another 199th pick of the draft, and he doesn't want that to ruin his Canton chances.

I'm always going to feel this way about the *s until Belichek gets a stake driven through his heart by being banished from the league for life.

NKySteeler
09-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Anyone else find it odd that as of now none of the links tell exactly what is wrong with the knee? Torn ACL?

Or maybe ... it's a minor problem that really isn't season-ending? Why would that happen? Maybe 1) Some kind of deal the NFL made with that pig owner of the *s - "we'll keep Spector at bay and won't let them take away your 4 Cheat-bardi trophies, but you have to forfeit the season ... how you do it is up to you...".

Or, 2) Brady knows without the answers to the defense being piped into his headphones (meaning, the answers based on the stolen and taped signals) he's just another 199th pick of the draft, and he doesn't want that to ruin his Canton chances.

I'm always going to feel this way about the *s until Belichek gets a stake driven through his heart by being banished from the league for life.

I don't know, man.... That seems a bit "far-fetched" to me....

...As I heard it explained, the forward motion as well as the slight twisting motion (he was in the act of throwing) could mean anything from a complete tear to partial of either the ACL or MCL... I'm sure that the exact details will be out soon enough.

Either way, I don't like the Pats*, but I also don't wish any ill-will on any player... Personally, I would have enjoyed beating the Pats* WITH Brady moreso than beating them without him.... But I'll enjoy it either way!

Ozey74
09-08-2008, 05:52 PM
I will enjoy seeing the Pats season unfold and hope this leads to a post season without them. For as tired as I'm hearing about Favre, I will root for him hard on Sunday.

I heard today on the radio that Super Bowl odds for the Pats went from 4-1 to 8-1. I think 8-1 is way too generous.

fordfixer
09-08-2008, 06:23 PM

...As I heard it explained, the forward motion as well as the slight twisting motion (he was in the act of throwing) could mean anything from a complete tear to partial of either the ACL or MCL... I'm sure that the exact details will be out soon enough.

Either way, I don't like the Pats*, but I also don't wish any ill-will on any player... Personally, I would have enjoyed beating the Pats* WITH Brady moreso than beating them without him.... But I'll enjoy it either way!
:Agree

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-08-2008, 09:48 PM

Yup, it is far-fetched. All that secrecy and all those lies, and the NFL's curious willingness to sweep everything under the rug are the things that make me even consider such bizarre stuff. Sometimes truth turns out to be stranger than fiction!

ikestops85
09-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Has the NFL cancelled the season or are they keeping it going because poster boy Manning is still playing?? :lol: