PDA

View Full Version : Bengals Rant...

Jom112
09-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Time to tee off on all that is wrong with my team:

Offense:

1. Eric Ghiaciuc - The man sucks, plain and simple. Now that week 1 is over hopefully we will sign LeCharles Bentley. Bentley might be half the man he was 2 years ago but even that is better than Ghiaciuc.

2. Stacey Andrews - I said before the season started that he is over-rated and he proved it yesterday. The man can not open up holes like Willie Anderson and he should have never replaced him. I'm glad he didn't sign a long term contract and hopefully he will be with another team after this season. We need to replace him on the line if we ever want to run to the right side again *cough*Anthony Collins*cough*

3. Levi Jones - One of the best Linemen a couple of years ago but doesn't have it anymore. He started out slow last year as well so hopefully he can turn things around, I haven't completely lost faith in him yet. Too often though he is getting pushed back by opposing defenders. He needs to spend a lot more time in the weight room. If plays like he did yesterday against the steelers you guys should enjoying seeing him getting tossed to the ground by Harrison.

4. Daniel Coats - The Daniel Coats FB/TE experiment needs to end. He is horrible at FB and drops to many passes as a TE. Release him as soon as the new FB Maui'a is up to speed.

5. Ben Utecht- Learn to hold on to the damn football.

6. Carson Palmer - Start watching film of Ryan Fitzpatrick and learn that if the receivers aren't open, protect the football and take off running. The O-Line is horrible and until they show otherwise start running if no one is open after 3 or 4 seconds. He showed a little something against the Ravens, but too often Carson never commits 100% to running. He still looks down field forever instead of just running when there is no LB in site.

Defense:

1. John Thornton - Needs to be replaced by Shirley, Sims, Harris or any other d-linemen on the team. He is horrible. He's too small and weak to play DT and too slow to play DE. He is completely useless.

Special Teams:

1. Why are so many starters playing on ST? I'm tired of seeing our starting DT Peko walking off the field tired as hell after playing on Teams. And Marvin wonders why the Ravens pushed our DT's around the field late in the game.

Coaching:

1. Bob Bratkowski - Our OC needs to be fired. Carson said it at the end of last year that we can't win with this coaching staff. He backed off a bit because he didn't want to single out someone to get fired. He was right though. Brat is too predictable and doesn't make adjustments. It's one thing if you can't adjust during a game but the man can't even adjust a gameplan during a whole F'ing season. Fire the idiot. I'm tired of watching a game where my wife who never watches football ask me why the Bengals keep running right up the middle when the ravens keep stuffing us.

It feels good to get that all out. Now having said that I still think we have a shot to turn things around this season if we start making changes now to the O-Line, personnel and play calling. I'm not saying SB or even playoffs but at least we won't look god awful...

Discipline of Steel
09-08-2008, 06:13 PM
JOM, I dont know Bengal players like I know every single Steeler. But I can feel your pain in loss. From what I do know, it appears that the commitment to excellance is not there and it starts from the top. Owner Brown appears to be interested in making money by cutting costs (ie smallest scouting dept in NFL) instead of building a winner and reaping the rewards of being a winner. In addition, he undermines his own coach with questionable personnel decisions. Steadfast fans like yourself deserve the best from their teams and cheap owners that dont deliver should be ashamed.

Jom112
09-08-2008, 07:19 PM
JOM, I dont know Bengal players like I know every single Steeler. But I can feel your pain in loss. From what I do know, it appears that the commitment to excellance is not there and it starts from the top. Owner Brown appears to be interested in making money by cutting costs (ie smallest scouting dept in NFL) instead of building a winner and reaping the rewards of being a winner. In addition, he undermines his own coach with questionable personnel decisions. Steadfast fans like yourself deserve the best from their teams and cheap owners that dont deliver should be ashamed.

Mike Brown definitely should take his share of the blame but I think he's sometimes used as a scapegoat. As bad as the team looked yesterday it does still have some very talented players.

The limited scouts and not having an indoor practice facility are issues that tie directly to Mike Brown being cheap but we still shouldn't look as bad as we did yesterday because of those things...

Discipline of Steel
09-08-2008, 07:35 PM
So if you are pointing half a finger at Brown, where do you point the other half?

Some of the personnel themselves? Then my answer is who selected them to be on the team?

Attitude of players? Then maybe we are looking at the coach.

Id have a hard time blaming the fans for anything...

If you just want to rant then Ill hoist a beer and rant with you my brother! :Cheers

Down with Ghiuciac! Thornton is a turd! Im going to keep my eye on these guys so I can agree with you more intelligently next time... :)

Jom112
09-08-2008, 08:08 PM
So if you are pointing half a finger at Brown, where do you point the other half?

Some of the personnel themselves? Then my answer is who selected them to be on the team?

Attitude of players? Then maybe we are looking at the coach.

Id have a hard time blaming the fans for anything...

If you just want to rant then Ill hoist a beer and rant with you my brother! :Cheers

Down with Ghiuciac! Thornton is a turd! Im going to keep my eye on these guys so I can agree with you more intelligently next time... :)

I would point the finger at Brown, Marvin and Bratkowski.

Brat gets the most blame because we have talent on offense. Him and Paul Alexander knew the O-Line was bad and experimented a bit in preseason but didn't commit early enough to make a difference in week one. We moved Bobbie Williams to Center but didn't give him a true chance to earn the starting position there. Then Marvin in his arrogance released Willie Anderson so we had to stick with the O-Line that we put out there on week one.

If it was just that we didn't have the personnel on the team I would put more of the blame on Brown. But it appears that politics (Waving Anderson and Rudi), and bad personnel packages are what are really causing our issues. The one shining light is that it can be fixed, but Marvin and Brat appear to be hard headed to make those necessary changes.

I still have some hope though. You should hear how crazy some fans are at this point. On the Bengals board one person was talking about how Mike Brown needs to die before we will be a good team. A little overboard I think.

And having some beers sounds good... :Beer

Discipline of Steel
09-08-2008, 08:39 PM
I still have to wonder if Mikey Brown helped force Willie A out because of contract concerns.

Everyone should drink beers!
:Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers :Beer :Cheers

SteelTorch
09-08-2008, 10:29 PM

Offense:

1. Eric Ghiaciuc - The man sucks, plain and simple. Now that week 1 is over hopefully we will sign LeCharles Bentley. Bentley might be half the man he was 2 years ago but even that is better than Ghiaciuc.

2. Stacey Andrews - I said before the season started that he is over-rated and he proved it yesterday. The man can not open up holes like Willie Anderson and he should have never replaced him. I'm glad he didn't sign a long term contract and hopefully he will be with another team after this season. We need to replace him on the line if we ever want to run to the right side again *cough*Anthony Collins*cough*

3. Levi Jones - One of the best Linemen a couple of years ago but doesn't have it anymore. He started out slow last year as well so hopefully he can turn things around, I haven't completely lost faith in him yet. Too often though he is getting pushed back by opposing defenders. He needs to spend a lot more time in the weight room. If plays like he did yesterday against the steelers you guys should enjoying seeing him getting tossed to the ground by Harrison.

4. Daniel Coats - The Daniel Coats FB/TE experiment needs to end. He is horrible at FB and drops to many passes as a TE. Release him as soon as the new FB Maui'a is up to speed.

6. Carson Palmer - Start watching film of Ryan Fitzpatrick and learn that if the receivers aren't open, protect the football and take off running. The O-Line is horrible and until they show otherwise start running if no one is open after 3 or 4 seconds. He showed a little something against the Ravens, but too often Carson never commits 100% to running. He still looks down field forever instead of just running when there is no LB in site.

Defense:

1. John Thornton - Needs to be replaced by Shirley, Sims, Harris or any other d-linemen on the team. He is horrible. He's too small and weak to play DT and too slow to play DE. He is completely useless.

Special Teams:

1. Why are so many starters playing on ST? I'm tired of seeing our starting DT Peko walking off the field tired as hell after playing on Teams. And Marvin wonders why the Ravens pushed our DT's around the field late in the game.

Coaching:

1. Bob Bratkowski - Our OC needs to be fired. Carson said it at the end of last year that we can't win with this coaching staff. He backed off a bit because he didn't want to single out someone to get fired. He was right though. Brat is too predictable and doesn't make adjustments. It's one thing if you can't adjust during a game but the man can't even adjust a gameplan during a whole F'ing season. Fire the idiot. I'm tired of watching a game where my wife who never watches football ask me why the Bengals keep running right up the middle when the ravens keep stuffing us.

It feels good to get that all out. Now having said that I still think we have a shot to turn things around this season if we start making changes now to the O-Line, personnel and play calling. I'm not saying SB or even playoffs but at least we won't look god awful...
If it makes you feel any better, we have the Pittsburgh Pirates. :? :wink:

Steely_J
09-09-2008, 10:36 PM

Offense:

Defense:

Special Teams:

Coaching:

If it makes you feel any better, we have the Pittsburgh Pirates. :? :wink:
:Beer

For better or worse brother... for better or worse.