PDA

View Full Version : Including images in posts

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-08-2008, 12:48 PM
I've read the instructions in the "How To" section ...

I wasn't quite sure - can I include an image if it is on my hard drive only, or does it need to be able to be pointed to with a http://www.XYZ.com kind of thing?

Jom112
09-08-2008, 12:59 PM
I've read the instructions in the "How To" section ...

I wasn't quite sure - can I include an image if it is on my hard drive only, or does it need to be able to be pointed to with a http://www.XYZ.com kind of thing?

It has to be uploaded to a site.

You can try some free ones like http://www.photobucket.com. Once you upload the image they will provide you with URL's that you can use to post the image on the message board...

stlrz d
09-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Actually, you can post any image from on the web that has a URL. Unless they have it protected of course.

And you can post images from your HD by attaching them using the "upload attachment" box below the message box.

I don't like doing it that way because it doesn't look as clean though. See example.

Jom112
09-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Actually, you can post any image from on the web that has a URL. Unless they have it protected of course.

And you can post images from your HD by attaching them using the "upload attachment" box below the message box.

I don't like doing it that way because it doesn't look as clean though. See example.

Ah. Didn't see the upload attachment box...

stlrz d
09-08-2008, 02:36 PM

Ah. Didn't see the upload attachment box...

Yeah, but like I said, it sucks. Posting photos from websites looks much better, imo.

Shawn
09-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Ahh I never seen that D. I shall try it with my favorite pic of me getting the tar beat out of me by the Hulk. :)

Shawn
09-08-2008, 06:42 PM
You are right not nearly as crisp.

stlrz d
09-08-2008, 07:26 PM
You are right not nearly as crisp.

:lol:

What I don't like is that it puts that "attachment" frame around the image. But every board software I've ever seen that allows photo uploads does that.

Iron Shiek
09-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Ahh I never seen that D. I shall try it with my favorite pic of me getting the tar beat out of me by the Hulk. :)

I thought that was tony romo at first! :shock:

Shawn
09-09-2008, 02:20 PM

I heard alot of people told Tony Romo that he looks like me. :D

RuthlessBurgher
09-10-2008, 03:13 PM

Those pictures on the Mexican beaches of Jessica Simpson and Tony Romo were actually pictures of Jessica Simpson and SMG. :Boobs

Shawn
09-12-2008, 12:30 AM

Those pictures on the Mexican beaches of Jessica Simpson and Tony Romo were actually pictures of Jessica Simpson and SMG. :Boobs

Shhhh...the wifey doesn't know. :D

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Hi - does the above advice apply to videos ("just put in the url"), or is it only for pics? There's a bunch of links to nfl.com videos I just posted from the Ravens game, it would have been nice to have an actual picture you could click on, but I didn't know how to do that.

Thanks!

stlrz d
09-30-2008, 08:32 PM
From what I can tell, it doesn't look like NFL.com allows embedding of video like youtube does.

NKySteeler
09-30-2008, 08:50 PM
From what I can tell, it doesn't look like NFL.com allows embedding of video like youtube does.

Correct... stanza was officially "warned" about it... ESPN and Youtube clips can be done as per the "how to" tips... Other than that, I don't think there is any option...

costanza2k1
09-30-2008, 10:29 PM

Correct... stanza was officially "warned" about it... ESPN and Youtube clips can be done as per the "how to" tips... Other than that, I don't think there is any option...

Yup, I sure was :oops:

So I now borrow from the Trib, KDKA, and CBS and then encode them for youtube. It would be much easier if all these sites just allowed embedding their videos like ESPN and youtube. Wouldn't more exposure be good for these sites? When J put that training camp video of Timmons on the front of the site the video got over 1k hits in 2 weeks...that's insane. Guess they don't want to market their sites. For that I can give them one of these for free :moon

stlrz d
09-30-2008, 11:23 PM

So I now borrow from the Trib, KDKA, and CBS and then encode them for youtube. It would be much easier if all these sites just allowed embedding their videos like ESPN and youtube. Wouldn't more exposure be good for these sites? When J put that training camp video of Timmons on the front of the site the video got over 1k hits in 2 weeks...that's insane. Guess they don't want to market their sites. For that I can give them one of these for free :moon

I was wondering how you put up the NFL.com stuff. I didn't see any code for embedding and that's what I actually meant by them not allowing it.

I didn't know you could encode it yourself...and then get your hand slapped by the NFL! :lol:

So...

wait for it...

trust me...

it'll be worth it...

big payoff coming...

believe me...

you're gonna like it...

I hope you're ready...

here it comes...

Was the NFL making poking at you? :D :D :D :D

costanza2k1
10-01-2008, 05:45 PM
[quote="stlrz d":2gj07vp7]From what I can tell, it doesn't look like NFL.com allows embedding of video like youtube does.

I was wondering how you put up the NFL.com stuff. I didn't see any code for embedding and that's what I actually meant by them not allowing it.

I didn't know you could encode it yourself...and then get your hand slapped by the NFL! :lol:

So...

wait for it...

trust me...

it'll be worth it...

big payoff coming...

believe me...

you're gonna like it...

I hope you're ready...

here it comes...

Was the NFL making poking at you? :D :D :D :D[/quote:2gj07vp7]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh they made poke at me for sure...