PDA

View Full Version : Power Rankings?

LasVegasGuy
09-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Anyone want to venture a guess on this weeks number 1 and number 2 when the power rankings are released? I have to say the Patriots, Chargers and Colts all took a nose dive.

I know these ranking don't mean squat but we may just see a Pennsylvania 1 and 2 with the Eagles and Steelers.

RussBII
09-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Anyone want to venture a guess on this weeks number 1 and number 2 when the power rankings are released? I have to say the Patriots, Chargers and Colts all took a nose dive.

I know these ranking don't mean squat but we may just see a Pennsylvania 1 and 2 with the Eagles and Steelers.

Peter King's fine fifteen has the Cowgirl's first, then the Steelers, then the Giants....

Crazy that 2 of the top 3 are NFC teams...

BigBen2112
09-08-2008, 12:50 PM
If we can stay healthy we'll have a shot without a doubt.

costanza2k1
09-08-2008, 12:50 PM

Peter King's fine fifteen has the Cowgirl's first, then the Steelers, then the Giants....

The analysts and writers all believe that after the Cheaters and Colts there are no other teams in the AFC...so this make sense.

Jom112
09-08-2008, 01:01 PM
St. Louis is going to give us some competition for the bottom spot... :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

frankthetank1
09-08-2008, 01:04 PM
If we can stay healthy we'll have a shot without a doubt.

i agree if they dont have major injuries they will have a great shot

LasVegasGuy
09-08-2008, 02:44 PM

I just saw that. Peter King is ranking teams before the Monday night games? I guess he just doesn't care anymore since the Patriots are out of the running. It wouldn't surprise me if he just decided to end it all now. It must have been hard for him to write his article through watery eyes thinking about the Patriots.

The Giants number #3. Wow!

LasVegasGuy
09-08-2008, 02:50 PM
St. Louis is going to give us some competition for the bottom spot... :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

Maybe next year with the number 1 pick you can draft a quarterback instead of that phony Carson Palmer.

Jom112
09-08-2008, 02:50 PM

Maybe next year with the number 1 pick you can draft a quarterback instead of that phony Carson Palmer.

1. No

2. Ryan Fitzpatrick is not bad...

LasVegasGuy
09-08-2008, 02:54 PM

1. No

Maybe so, since I don't follow the Bengals. I did see him through a bullet for a touchdown in the preseason. I haven't seen a ball thrown that hard in a long time. I forgot the game but damn that was an impressive touchdown pass.

RuthlessBurgher
09-08-2008, 03:00 PM

1. No

...for a Harvard quarterback. :lol: :bungalssuck

Oviedo
09-08-2008, 03:14 PM
The Steelers will have to be 13-0 before the media would even consider putting them ahead of media darling teams like Dallas, NE or the New York teams. If you think otherwise, you greatly underestimate the anti-Steeler bias in the national media.

proudpittsburgher
09-08-2008, 03:28 PM
The Steelers will have to be 13-0 before the media would even consider putting them ahead of media darling teams like Dallas, NE or the New York teams. If you think otherwise, you greatly underestimate the anti-Steeler bias in the national media.

Agreed.

*NFL Primetime gave us a short spot on the highlights, and no discussion after said highlights. Even with Merrill Hoge on the three-man crew.

*Kordell Stewart was called a homer (I said homer, not, well, you know) when he commented that the Steelers were one of the biggest surprise preformers yesterday. He mentioned they just go out and do it just like they do every year, and Dana Jacobson threw in an (except for last year). I guess she means the playoff appearance. :roll:

* NFL Network, who I was looking forward to because they offer extended highlights and discussion on just about every game, threw ours in at the end, after saying, and one more highlight for you. . .

*Sportscenter, well, they offered about a 20 second highlight.

I mean, really. I know that a lot happened yesterday, but the Steelers were impressive. Give them something.

RuthlessBurgher
09-08-2008, 03:42 PM
*Kordell Stewart was called a homer (I said homer, not, well, you know) when he commented that the Steelers were one of the biggest surprise preformers yesterday. He mentioned they just go out and do it just like they do every year, and Dana Jacobson threw in an (except for last year). I guess she means the playoff appearance. :roll:

Kordell is doing football analysis somewhere? For who? How did I miss this? The last time I saw him was on Pros vs. Joes, I think.

Jom112
09-08-2008, 03:49 PM

Kordell is doing football analysis somewhere? For who? How did I miss this? The last time I saw him was on Pros vs. Joes, I think.

I saw him on ESPN doing some analysis. I think it was him and Jamal "Dirty Bird" Anderson...

proudpittsburgher
09-08-2008, 03:54 PM

I saw him on ESPN doing some analysis. I think it was him and Jamal "Dirty Bird" Anderson...

I think you are right, Jom. Funny thing is, anderson called him a homer, but for all the crap the people of Pittsburgh gave him, I'm surprised he gave them any love. There was no homerism with that selection, Pittsburgh definately impressed a lot of people on Sunday, especially with the questions marks they had (o-line, FWP recovery, etc.)