PDA

View Full Version : Well...We've All Posed the Question

Flasteel
09-07-2008, 11:19 PM
How would Manning and Brady react to being under constant duress? Look at Brady in last year's playoffs and Super Bowl (not to mention his year-long vacation that started today). Look at what the Bears' defense is doing to Manning (reminds me of what we did to them in the playoffs).

They can't handle the heat. Period.

Iron Shiek
09-07-2008, 11:21 PM
How would Manning and Brady react to being under constant duress? Look at Brady in last year's playoffs and Super Bowl (not to mention his year-long vacation that started today). Look at what the Bears' defense is doing to Manning (reminds me of what we did to them in the playoffs).

Being out of camp and preseason is really a big deal, and its showing more than ever with the Colts. Granted the Bears are getting some pressure on Manning, but it just seems their timing is just a big off and balls are going off finger tips and just not bouncing their way in general. Much of it is on Manning too, he's throwing some wobblers and balls to the feet of intended WRs. It just looks like a different Colts team. Props to the Bears for a good defensive scheme tonight though.

Flasteel
09-07-2008, 11:43 PM

Being out of camp and preseason is really a big deal, and its showing more than ever with the Colts. Granted the Bears are getting some pressure on Manning, but it just seems their timing is just a big off and balls are going off finger tips and just not bouncing their way in general. Much of it is on Manning too, he's throwing some wobblers and balls to the feet of intended WRs. It just looks like a different Colts team. Props to the Bears for a good defensive scheme tonight though.

Very true Shiek and I don't mean to dismiss any of those factors. However, the bottom line is neither of them can evade the pressure very well and when they do, their game is completely thrown.

Ben evades like no other quarterback in the league and while he has at times gotten out of rhythm because of pressure, he almost always continues to throw strikes.

BURGH86STEEL
09-07-2008, 11:59 PM

Very true Shiek and I don't mean to dismiss any of those factors. However, the bottom line is neither of them can evade the pressure very well and when they do, their game is completely thrown.

Ben evades like no other quarterback in the league and while he has at times gotten out of rhythm because of pressure, he almost always continues to throw strikes.

Stange how you want to sum it up into one game or playoffs. How about the other seasons when those QBs were under pressure and had a lot of success? Those QBs have faced pressure before and over come it by making quick reads and got rid of the ball quickly. Sometimes they stand in the pocket till the last second and throw it. They are not the most mobile guys but they do have a good feel for the pocket or "pocket sense" and slide away from the pressure. Manning did this quite a few times tonight. Contrary to what some believe, those guys face a lot of pressure. What QBs don't? According to an article I read, Brady took more hits than Ben last season.

Flasteel
09-08-2008, 12:21 AM

Stange how you want to sum it up into one game or playoffs. How about the other seasons when those QBs were under pressure and had a lot of success? Those QBs have faced pressure before and over come it by making quick reads and got rid of the ball quickly. Sometimes they stand in the pocket till the last second and throw it. They are not the most mobile guys but they do have a good feel for the pocket or "pocket sense" and slide away from the pressure. Manning did this quite a few times tonight. Contrary to what some believe, those guys face a lot of pressure. What QBs don't? According to an article I read, Brady took more hits than Ben last season.

Bull****.

Yeah, all quarterbacks face pressure from time to time Burghsteel, but neither of those two quarterbacks are very familiar with being under "constant duress" as I stated. On the rare occasions where they have experienced it, they become mere shells of their superstar selves. That's the whole point brother, it's not how they stand in the pocket when facing a fierce rush, it's how they respond under a continual assault.

The reason I use only a few games to demonstrate it is because there's not very many games and certainly no seasons when their protection is completely absent. I don't know what Patriots or Colts games you've been watching over the past decade, but apparently they aren't the same ones I've seen.

costanza2k1
09-08-2008, 12:42 AM

Fortunately for us Ben has experience behind a crap ass line lol

stlrz d
09-08-2008, 07:36 AM
The best way to beat the Pasterisks and the Colts is to blitz up the middle. Get in their faces and flush them from the pocket.

Do that to Ben and he makes you pay.