PDA

View Full Version : Brady out for season... expected

frunko1
09-07-2008, 07:54 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Agprs14RsoYhyWnkysrbJYRDubYF?slug=ms-bradyoutforyear090708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

:tt2 :tt1 :owned

JAR
09-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Karma is a bitch...

Flasteel
09-07-2008, 08:01 PM
As much as I hate rooting for an injury, the impact of Brady's loss is going to resonate throughout the conference and I'm lovin' it. Cassel played well today, but there's no way he can come close to giving the Pats* the same level of play as they got from Brady.

This team will be lucky to win the division and if they make the playoffs, they won't be a threat.

DukieBoy
09-07-2008, 08:02 PM
I'm no P***'s fan
but
I'd rather not celebrate the injury.

frunko1
09-07-2008, 08:03 PM
In other news Randy Moss looks for new team. Talks to steelers, ends up with jets.

Favre orgasms on field from excitement.

:lol:

Djfan
09-07-2008, 08:04 PM
I'm no P***'s fan
but

Usually I agree with you, but this clown ripped at the very heart of the league with his cheating, or at least his participation in cheating. Had he received a realistic punishment then no problem.

But he didn't........until today.

phillyesq
09-07-2008, 08:06 PM
I'm sure the Pats are wishing now that Cassel had some game experience. Too bad for them they chose to run up the score all over the place last season.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-07-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm no P***'s fan
but

Usually I agree with you, but this clown ripped at the very heart of the league with his cheating, or at least his participation in cheating. Had he received a realistic punishment then no problem.

But he didn't........until today.

$$$$$ post. This is the wheel of justice turning. I'll stop there, because my head still explodes every time I think too much about what they did over the years.

The only equitable punishment in my opinion is permanent banishment from the Hall of Fame.

CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER :twisted:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-07-2008, 08:17 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Agprs14RsoYhyWnkysrbJYRDubYF?slug=ms-bradyoutforyear090708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

You can tell some stuff by physical exam, but I think until you get an MRI or something you can't tell for sure.

MRI scheduled tomorrow I read somewhere.

stlrz d
09-07-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm sure the Pats are wishing now that Cassel had some game experience. Too bad for them they chose to run up the score all over the place last season.

Excellent point.

LasVegasGuy
09-07-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm no P***'s fan
but

I would. F&$k him and the horse he rode in on. I hate the coach, owner, colors, everything Patriots. Could riddance Tom see ya next year.

AkronSteel
09-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Yeah Karma Sucks!!

The *'s are done if Brady is done. I don't expect to see them being a playoff team without him.

Gee, that schedule seems easier and easier as we go! Imagine that!

:2c

Jigawatts
09-07-2008, 09:05 PM

Excellent point.

:Agree

That's gonna come back to bite them in the arse. I guess the genius should have
thought of that.

btw, stlrz d, that remote is awesome. :Beer

stlrz d
09-07-2008, 09:13 PM

Excellent point.

thought of that.

I was wondering when I'd hear something on that. Everyone I show it to says they are going to get one! :lol:

Glad you like it! :D

stlrz d
09-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Madden just said losing Brady is bad for all of the NFL.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-07-2008, 09:14 PM
John Madden: "I'm sure the whole NFL is devastated by this injury to Brady".

You suck eggs, you turd.

Jigawatts
09-07-2008, 09:17 PM
[quote=phillyesq]I'm sure the Pats are wishing now that Cassel had some game experience. Too bad for them they chose to run up the score all over the place last season.

Excellent point.

thought of that.

I was wondering when I'd hear something on that. Everyone I show it to says they are going to get one! :lol:

Glad you like it! :D[/quote:1xf05wd1]

Yeah, thanks for mentioning it in that thread. Four remotes down to one, with
one button switching everything. Well worth the money. :Cheers

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Deleted - duplicate post.

Jigawatts
09-07-2008, 09:20 PM

You suck eggs, you turd.

It's not just Madden, it's everyone. I would like to state that as a fan of the
NFL, I am not devastated. And if Brady doesn't like it, he can limp over here
and stroke my meniscus.

BigBen2112
09-07-2008, 09:21 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Agprs14RsoYhyWnkysrbJYRDubYF?slug=ms-bradyoutforyear090708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

You can tell some stuff by physical exam, but I think until you get an MRI or something you can't tell for sure.

Yeah and he did walk off on his own which seems like it would indicate NOT the major damage that they are talking about.

ALSO, I DONT want to really get too happy about this b/c this can happen on ANY given week, and while I like our chances with Leftwich better than their chances with Cassel...we'd also be in HUGE trouble if Ben went down.

Talk about karma being a b*tch? How would we like it if we celebrated this and then Ben got hurt? Its just not a very good thing to do in any regard.

Lets hope our team stays HEALTHY this year and we can compete. I think we have a decent team IF our lines hold up. IF we stay healthy we'll be good. If we get any injuries I think we are worse off than some other teams in terms of depth etc, especially across the lines.

stlrz d
09-07-2008, 09:29 PM
[quote=phillyesq]I'm sure the Pats are wishing now that Cassel had some game experience. Too bad for them they chose to run up the score all over the place last season.

Excellent point.

thought of that.

Glad you like it! :D

Yeah, thanks for mentioning it in that thread. Four remotes down to one, with
one button switching everything. Well worth the money. :Cheers[/quote:2i60m5i5]

I do what I can. 8)

SteelHoss
09-07-2008, 09:43 PM

Yeah and he did walk off on his own which seems like it would indicate NOT the major damage that they are talking about.

ALSO, I DONT want to really get too happy about this b/c this can happen on ANY given week, and while I like our chances with Leftwich better than their chances with Cassel...we'd also be in HUGE trouble if Ben went down.

Talk about karma being a b*tch? How would we like it if we celebrated this and then Ben got hurt? Its just not a very good thing to do in any regard.

Lets hope our team stays HEALTHY this year and we can compete. I think we have a decent team IF our lines hold up. IF we stay healthy we'll be good. If we get any injuries I think we are worse off than some other teams in terms of depth etc, especially across the lines.

I'm totally with you on this. I'm a firm believer in Karma, however, its just not good sportsmanship to wish any player on any team ill will.

AkronSteel
09-07-2008, 10:00 PM

I'm totally with you on this. I'm a firm believer in Karma, however, its just not good sportsmanship to wish any player on any team ill will.

x2

I don't wanna see Tommy out for the year to be honest. I wanted the Steelers to kick their butt at full strength, no excuses.

Iron Shiek
09-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Yeah it sucks but injuries are apart of the game and can strike at any time. People who thought the Cheaters were invincible just got a dose of reality. Now lets see what they can do. I wouldn't be so quick to proclaim the Cheaters done and out of the playoffs. Its week one.

I recall thinking the same exact thing about 8 or 9 years ago when Trent Green tore his ACL in the preseason and the Rams were supposed to be the "hot" team that everyone was picking. Once he went down everyone proclaimed they were done. Well they had some guy called Kurt Warner backing him up. I remember thinking gosh they are trouble. He ended up being pretty good. Just saying. We've seen Cassell suck it up quite a bit, but he hasn't had a real game situation (preseason and mop up duty is a load of crap). He could surprise people...unlikely, but he could. He didn't do horrible today.

RuthlessBurgher
09-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Is there any chance that even if it is a torn ACL that they don't put him on IR? They could perform the surgery now, and hope he is able to play in the playoffs if they somehow are able to make it with Cassel or whatever other QB they sign (Simms? Rattay? Moss talks Culpepper out of retirement?).

Back in '95, Rod Woodson blew out his knee in the opener against Detroit, but came back to play in SBXXX that year. Rod needed speed, but Brady doesn't...he never was all that athletic in the first place.

Give him a big @$$ brace and hope that is all he will need come January. Medicine has also advanced since the mid-90's with rehab times for major injuries decreasing. Just offering that up as a possibility out there.

ANPSTEEL
09-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Is there any chance that even if it is a torn ACL that they don't put him on IR? They could perform the surgery now, and hope he is able to play in the playoffs if they somehow are able to make it with Cassel or whatever other QB they sign (Simms? Rattay? Moss talks Culpepper out of retirement?).

Back in '95, Rod Woodson blew out his knee in the opener against Detroit, but came back to play in SBXXX that year. Rod needed speed, but Brady doesn't...he never was all that athletic in the first place.

Give him a big @$$ brace and hope that is all he will need come January. Medicine has also advanced since the mid-90's with rehab times for major injuries decreasing. Just offering that up as a possibility out there.

i agree-

assuming its not career threatening- they'll have him scoped, rehab for 8+ weeks... if the team is still in contention- consider bringing him back with a volkswagen around his knee.

i think the only way he goes on IR is if the team goes down the drain and is way out of contention for a playoff spot.

frankthetank1
09-08-2008, 12:47 PM
all this is speculation. i wont believe brady is seriously hurt untill he misses a game. i guess we will know more after the mri today, but how much info will that piece of crap human being bellicheck really give out? i too want to see the steelers beat the pats with brady and everyone else at full strength. i think a win this year against cassell wouldnt mean as much to me than if brady is in there. i hate him so much, he is an awful person. i believe in karma to an extent, but i will never forget what he said in an interview when ben was in the accident. something along the lines of "we as nfl players sometimes think we are indestructable and do things we probably shouldnt" he never said anything like its a tragic accident and my hopes and prayers are with him. that says a lot about a person

proudpittsburgher
09-08-2008, 12:48 PM

You suck eggs, you turd.

and stroke my meniscus.

Agreed. I heard that last night, and got this sly little smug smile on my face. Why is that? Because, as has been said on here before, Karma's a beotych. I was not devastated in the least. In fact, I did a little dance, something Golden boy won't be doing for quite a while. :)

I STILL believe Manning had his surgery when he did so he wouldn't have to go through training camp.
I STILL believe Brady sat out the preseason because Manning did the same
I STILL believe the *s and Colts are nothing without their golden boy QB's and the Steelers are a better TEAM, when it's all said and done. You lose Ben and still have a shot at winning. The *s are through.

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

AngryAsian
09-08-2008, 01:02 PM
I honestly think that even with Brady this Patriot team is not the same. They have holes in their D and after last year's humongous loss in the SB, I don't think they are the same. They played with such swagger last year, buying into all their media hype. Now with the prospect of Brady being out for the season and Favre running the show in NY, I doubt they can even win their division. I really hope this comes to pass. Karma.....

Jigawatts
09-08-2008, 01:13 PM

You suck eggs, you turd.

and stroke my meniscus.

Agreed. I heard that last night, and got this sly little smug smile on my face. Why is that? Because, as has been said on here before, Karma's a beotych. I was not devastated in the least. In fact, I did a little dance, something Golden boy won't be doing for quite a while. :)

I feel the same. I don't like to see injuries and I'd rather beat the *'s at the top of
their game, but it's all about karma. If it was Manning I'd feel completely different,
but since it was Brady I feel like it was justice.

Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, torn acl for cheating.

btw, I thought Peter King was going to cry last night. :roll:

Steely76
09-08-2008, 01:17 PM

Excellent point.

thought of that.

Glad you like it! :D[/quote:hlqgli5v]

What remote?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-08-2008, 01:23 PM
I honestly think that even with Brady this Patriot team is not the same. They have holes in their D and after last year's humongous loss in the SB, I don't think they are the same. They played with such swagger last year, buying into all their media hype. Now with the prospect of Brady being out for the season and Favre running the show in NY, I doubt they can even win their division. I really hope this comes to pass. Karma.....

Some folks say we should hope he gets better soon because otherwise Karma will work against us (not you AS, or anyone in particular). Some folks say we should hope he gets better soon because when we beat them w/o Marcia it wouldn't be as satisfying as winning with him on the field. Some folks say it's such a tragedy for such a fine player and team to be derailed by an injury.

Karma? My take is that the injury itself was the Karma, the big old wheel turning back around. Tragedy for the NFL? My take is the real tragedy was the pervasive cheating that kept more honorable teams from advancing to, and winning, the Superbowl. Feel sorry for Brady? Yeah, as sorry as he felt when he was sticking it to the rest of the league with the unfair competitive advantage of cheating. Wish he was on the field when we beat them later this year? Yeah, that would have been nicer, but I'm OK just letting the season play out.

My take is that the *s got to where they did, and Brady got his reputation as a wizard who knew exactly what audible to call or how to instantly find the hot receiver, because he had the upstairs dude whispering in his ear. That was the dude who knew what play the defense was going to run because the *s had taped the defensive signals, against NFL policy. How good would Brady have been without this advantage? Well, nobody can say, and that is what should keep him out of Canton.

Just my :2c

Jigawatts
09-08-2008, 01:31 PM
What remote?

Logitech 670.

Steely76
09-08-2008, 01:35 PM
What remote?

Logitech 670.

Thanks.

AngryAsian
09-08-2008, 01:45 PM

Some folks say we should hope he gets better soon because otherwise Karma will work against us (not you AS, or anyone in particular). Some folks say we should hope he gets better soon because when we beat them w/o Marcia it wouldn't be as satisfying as winning with him on the field. Some folks say it's such a tragedy for such a fine player and team to be derailed by an injury.

Karma? My take is that the injury itself was the Karma, the big old wheel turning back around. Tragedy for the NFL? My take is the real tragedy was the pervasive cheating that kept more honorable teams from advancing to, and winning, the Superbowl. Feel sorry for Brady? Yeah, as sorry as he felt when he was sticking it to the rest of the league with the unfair competitive advantage of cheating. Wish he was on the field when we beat them later this year? Yeah, that would have been nicer, but I'm OK just letting the season play out.

My take is that the *s got to where they did, and Brady got his reputation as a wizard who knew exactly what audible to call or how to instantly find the hot receiver, because he had the upstairs dude whispering in his ear. That was the dude who knew what play the defense was going to run because the *s had taped the defensive signals, against NFL policy. How good would Brady have been without this advantage? Well, nobody can say, and that is what should keep him out of Canton.

Just my :2c

Your words reverberate what I was implying with the word Karma. I don't wish ill on anybody, but I have no such sentiments to anybody on that team, coaching staff or ownership. I hope this team languishes in mediocrity for the season and is just another footnote under the "teams who suffered superbowl loss jinxes the following season." Just my two yen.

stlrz d
09-08-2008, 02:14 PM
What remote?

Logitech 670.

Thanks.

Best remote ever! :Clap

proudpittsburgher
09-08-2008, 04:21 PM
What remote?

Logitech 670.

Thanks.

Best remote ever! :Clap

I beg to differ, my friend.
http://www.directv.com/images/assets/Landing/NFL_Remote/remotes/pittsburgh_steelers.gif