PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial game balls go to...

SteelTorch
09-07-2008, 04:03 PM
This one is a no-brainer (at least in my opinion)

Offense: Willie Parker - 138 yards on 25 attempts for 3 TD's. He's already scored more than he did last season!

Honorable mentions:
Big Ben - he didn't throw much but looked razor sharp when he did, only missing one pass, going for 137 yards, almost 10 YPA and 2 TD's!

Hines ward - 76 yards receiving for 2 TD's. He can whine all he wants as long as he plays like this.

Defense: James Harrison - 6 tackles, 2 assists, 3 sacks, and a forced fumble. I think Shaub is gonna fear the number 92 for a while. :wink:

Honorable mention:

Lamarr Woodley! - 3 tackles, 1 sack, , 1 fumble recovery, and 1 interception! Not bad for his first NFL start, eh? :D

Overall: great game on all sides! Good job, Steelers!

NKySteeler
09-07-2008, 04:05 PM
I agree completely..... Good choices, man!............. :wink:

stlrz d
09-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Agreed.

anger 82&95
09-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Silverback all the way!!!

Snatch98
09-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Willie looked great no doubt, but Marvel Smith broke him loose on at least two of those TD runs. Marvel looked great and I expect he and Kemo to light it up this year as a left side Tandem.

Great game all around for us.

Les 74
09-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Honorable mention:

Lamarr Woodley! - 3 tackles, 1 sack, and 1 interception! Not bad for his first NFL start, eh? :D

Wood had a fumble recovery,too. :D

Mel Blount's G
09-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Willie looked great no doubt, but Marvel Smith broke him loose on at least two of those TD runs. Marvel looked great and I expect he and Kemo to light it up this year as a left side Tandem.
Agreed, though he was beat soundly on pass rushes a few times. Mind you Mario Williams is not your average pass rusher...

SteelTorch
09-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Honorable mention:

Lamarr Woodley! - 3 tackles, 1 sack, and 1 interception! Not bad for his first NFL start, eh? :D

Wood had a fumble recovery,too. :D
I forgot about that! I was going by the stat sheet.

That was the same one Silverback forced! :D

NKySteeler
09-07-2008, 04:18 PM
...Can we expect the almighty Torch to make his game ball selections each week?

... (This is a compliment, and also a suggestion that you start doing it for each week for the rest of the season... You own the copyright on it... :wink: )

SteelTorch
09-07-2008, 04:19 PM
...Can we expect the almighty Torch to make his game ball selections each week?

... (This is a compliment, and also a suggestion that you start doing it for each week for the rest of the season... You own the copyright on it... :wink: )
Why...I would be honored. :oops:

Thanks, by the way. :mrgreen:

EDIT: That's all for me today. I think I'll mosey on over to the Bengals boards to watch the meltdown. :tt2

NKySteeler
09-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Why...I would be honored. :oops:

Thanks, by the way. :mrgreen:

...Another facet of this board to start looking forward to each week.... After you make your official hand-outs, the debate could begin (if necessary)..... It could be the makings of a great weekly thread.....

blacknblue80s
09-07-2008, 04:42 PM
I could have sworn I saw Woodley get 2 sacks... :tt1

Timmons looked great as well!!

buckeyehoppy
09-07-2008, 04:52 PM

The D looked great all around. According the the NFL.com Game Center, Woodley only had one. Harrison had three!!! :shock:

Harrison is All-Pro this year and Woodley might join him.

birtikidis
09-07-2008, 04:52 PM
i agree completely except one thing.. who gets the special teams game ball?

also, i hear alot of complaining about eason and had to point out that he had himself a nice game.

blacknblue80s
09-07-2008, 05:00 PM

also, i hear alot of complaining about eason and had to point out that he had himself a nice game.

If Eason can continue to play like he did today, our d-line rotation could be in fine shape!

steeld95
09-07-2008, 05:03 PM

I thought Woods looked really good covering on special teams...

Eason looked surprisingly quick for his size. That will be huge for our DL if he can keep that up all year!

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
09-07-2008, 05:50 PM
M. Smith should get an honorable mention.

Djfan
09-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Props to the O line. They did better than expected.

Mel Blount's G
09-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Not to rain on anyone's whatever but keep in mind silverback had a ROOKIE LT working on him.

NKySteeler
09-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Props to the O line. They did better than expected.

Not good enough with the pass blocking, IMO..... The serious good teams on our schedule will eat us alive....

steelcityrules!!
09-07-2008, 06:17 PM
game balls, 5 of them, go to our starting LB's and timmons.
I thought our LB corps looked big, fast, strong at the point of attack, and made some real smart decisions when the game still mattered.

honorable mention goes to marvel and kemo, and keisel who more than held his own today.
our skill players on offense were fairly dominant, but i was expecting them to be. I was expecting willie to struggle between the tackles early, like he always does, and he did. when we moved the chains, the d-line wore down, and he started to take over.

hines was proto-typical hines.
holmes was mostly absent, and my fantasy team is suffering because of it!
:moon

all in all, a real solid start against a young but talented defensive squad.

RuthlessBurgher
09-08-2008, 01:40 AM

The D looked great all around. According the the NFL.com Game Center, Woodley only had one. Harrison had three!!! :shock:

Harrison is All-Pro this year and Woodley might join him.

From where I was sitting up in Section 525, it looked like Harrison and Woodley hit Schaub at the same time for the last sack.

I would score it 2.5 sacks and a forced fumble for Silverback and 1.5 sacks, an interception, and a fumble recovery for Wood.

If you weren't having flashbacks of Lloyd and Greene meeting at the QB, you are not a true Steeler fan. :tt2 :Steel :tt1

blacknblue80s
09-08-2008, 01:47 AM
I never thaught I'd say this, but Simmons played a solid game as well. :o

costanza2k1
09-08-2008, 06:08 AM
Not to rain on anyone's whatever but keep in mind silverback had a ROOKIE LT working on him.

good point, last year he did worse against a HOF in Ogden...granted he was on the decline. You can put this guy on welcome to the NFL now LOL courtesy of Harrison.

papillon
09-08-2008, 09:43 AM

And, the all-pro Harrison did exactly what he should have done to a rookie LT in the NFL: dominated him. :tt2

Pappy

Slapstick
09-08-2008, 09:54 AM
I expect excellence from the LBs...

I hope that the much maligned offensive and defensive lines continue to play with chips on their respective shoulders for the next 18 games...

SteelerNation1
09-08-2008, 10:18 AM

If Eason can continue to play like he did today, our d-line rotation could be in fine shape!
Great point. Eason played well in spot duty.

SteelerNation1
09-08-2008, 10:19 AM
I gotta give a shout out to Polamalu and his 1st INT in 18 games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BURGH86STEEL
09-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Gonna give game ball to the Oline for doing a good job.

ikestops85
09-09-2008, 12:29 PM
What Harrison did to that rookie tackle should be illegal. :twisted: Did anyone catch the shot of the rook sitting on the bench near the end of the game? It looked like he was going to cry. :mrgreen: I almost felt sorry for him ... notice I said almost. :lol:
:tt2