PDA

View Full Version : Today's Inactives

stlrz d
09-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Texans-Steelers inactives

Posted: September 7th, 2008 | Michael Fabiano

Texans inactives: FS Dominique Barber, LB Xavier Adibi, G Kasey Studdard, OT Rashard Butler, DT Tim Bulman, DE Earl Cochran, DT Frank Okam, DB Eugene Wilson.

Steelers inactives: WR Limas Sweed, S Anthony Smith, RB Gary Russell, TE Sean McHugh, LB Bruce Davis, OT Tony Hills, DE Orpheus Roye.

NKySteeler
09-07-2008, 11:57 AM
It's a shame to see Sweed on that list....

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-07-2008, 12:14 PM
I didn't think Orpheus Roye would be on the list, thought he would be a good speller.

calmkiller
09-07-2008, 12:36 PM
So we have 4 safetys on the roster and one of them is on the inactive list? I guess Townsend will be the other backup?

Les 74
09-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Smith???? :wft

SteelTorch
09-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Limas Sweed? Anthony Smith?? :shock:

ghettoscott
09-07-2008, 02:36 PM

yeah, whats the deal... :?:

phillyesq
09-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Unfortunate to see the #2, #3, and #4 picks on the list, with the #5 serving as the 3rd qb. I realize that it is only week one, but it would be nice to see the picks have more of an opportunity to contribute early on.

Jigawatts
09-08-2008, 01:02 PM

I was curious where he was. Didn't see him on the field at all. I expected to at
least see him on ST. Maybe he talked and acted his way off the field???

RuthlessBurgher
09-08-2008, 01:23 PM

I was curious where he was. Didn't see him on the field at all. I expected to at

Nah...they were only going to dress 4 WR, because if they ever go to an empty backfield 5 receiver set, Heath Miller is always one of those 5 guys. The question was whether Sweed or Baker would be active. Based on a better performance in the preseason, they went with Baker in game 1. I wouldn't be surprised if they dressed then deactivated those two guys on a rotating basis until Sweed starts to feel more comfortable in his transition to the pro game.

Oviedo
09-08-2008, 01:27 PM
I doubt Sweed would have dropped anymore passes than Nate Washington did yesterday--at least two? I think long term the team needs to get Sweed some experience.

No one else on that list is a surprise.

RuthlessBurgher
09-08-2008, 01:29 PM

Nah...they were only going to dress 4 WR, because if they ever go to an empty backfield 5 receiver set, Heath Miller is always one of those 5 guys. The question was whether Sweed or Baker would be active. Based on a better performance in the preseason, they went with Baker in game 1. I wouldn't be surprised if they dressed then deactivated those two guys on a rotating basis until Sweed starts to feel more comfortable in his transition to the pro game.

D'Oh! Just realized you were referring to Anthony Smith and not Sweed. I think they decided to dress Madison over Smith because of his special teams prowess (Andre Davis had 3 KRTD last season). If a catastrophe struck at safety, they could move Gay or Madison or Townsend over there if they needed to.

Ghost
09-08-2008, 02:45 PM
TE Sean McHugh - good thing they rushed out to sign him... (they just HAD to have a 3rd TE) :roll:

I know you can't predict the game but yesterday would have been the perfet opportunity to get Sweed some time in the 4th quarter. Nothing gets you used to the game like actually seeing the field against another team.

Did they keep Davis b/c he was a 3rd rounder or do you guys see him developing into a serviceable LB?

RuthlessBurgher
09-08-2008, 03:03 PM
TE Sean McHugh - good thing they rushed out to sign him... (they just HAD to have a 3rd TE) :roll:

McHugh hadn't learned the offense yet. He also has an ankle tweak which kept him from practicing last week. He should practice this week in preparation for Cleveland.

BigBen2112
09-08-2008, 03:09 PM

I know you can't predict the game but yesterday would have been the perfet opportunity to get Sweed some time in the 4th quarter. Nothing gets you used to the game like actually seeing the field against another team.

Did they keep Davis b/c he was a 3rd rounder or do you guys see him developing into a serviceable LB?

I dont see Davis as becoming anything special, but SMG will disagree.

Oviedo
09-08-2008, 03:11 PM

Agree about Sweed in the 4th Qtr. He may have caught a pass unlike Washington.

Davis is converting from a true 4-3 DE to 3-4 OLB. This will take a year or so. This is his LeBeau redshirt season so don't expect to see him out there. I do think he becomes a solid 3-4 OLB in time. He has speed, but needs to get stronger and learn pass defense.

BigBen2112
09-08-2008, 03:14 PM

Davis is converting from a true 4-3 DE to 3-4 OLB. This will take a year or so. This is his LeBeau redshirt season so don't expect to see him out there. I do think he becomes a solid 3-4 OLB in time. He has speed, but needs to get stronger and learn pass defense.

You'd think with his speed and his VERY slender frame he'd be good in pass-coverage.

Oviedo
09-08-2008, 03:17 PM

You'd think with his speed and his VERY slender frame he'd be good in pass-coverage.

Technique and decision making not natural ability. In time he will be fine. Plus what is the reason to rush him? Harrison is a stud. There is depth with Timmons being able to play inside and outside.

BigBen2112
09-08-2008, 03:19 PM

Technique and decision making not natural ability. In time he will be fine. Plus what is the reason to rush him? Harrison is a stud. There is depth with Timmons being able to play inside and outside.

I have zero rush at all. We need DL/OL and that's what I care about focusing on. Another OLB? *shrug* I could care less. Pretty indifferent at this point.

phillyesq
09-08-2008, 04:05 PM

McHugh hadn't learned the offense yet. He also has an ankle tweak which kept him from practicing last week. He should practice this week in preparation for Cleveland.

I believe that I read somewhere that the ankle was primarily what kept him out.

If they were going to sign him, I like signing him when they did. Give him as much time as possible to learn the playbook.

Steel Life
09-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Jesus O...you're relentless.

Les 74
09-08-2008, 05:06 PM

Relentless,but true.

Steel Life
09-08-2008, 09:37 PM
[quote=Oviedo]Agree about Sweed in the 4th Qtr. He may have caught a pass unlike Washington.

Relentless,but true.[/quote:2sl7j6cu]
Yes - by all means, let's cut him now... :roll: