PDA

View Full Version : Are other teams' fans/boards as nuts as we are?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Anyone visit the boards of other teams? Is there passion and fire like we have over there, or are their fans sort of lukewarm? I mean, here it is Saturday afternoon, there are about 14 things I need to be doing, and I'm on a friggin' Steelers board :HeadBanger

I remember reading about latte-sipping Seahawks fans in '05, and that the fair weather Charger fans are not invested in their team to any real degree. But I imagine the Bears, and Packers, those sort of teams have rabid fans too.

Anyone know?

Can today be any longer????? :twisted:

Ozey74
09-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Oakland maybe? Those fans are loyal. Speaking from Indiana, Colts fan are not rabid or into their team at all. They THINK they are, but they are not.

:tt2

Scarletfire1970
09-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Eagles fans. Their board is pretty active on philadelphiaeagles.com. They have an around the nfl section where alot of fans from other teams post.

NKySteeler
09-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Why is there an "ad banner" between the 1st and 2nd messages on this thread? It's in many threads, but I guess I never noticed it until now..... Very wrong....

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Why is there an "ad banner" between the 1st and 2nd messages on this thread? It's in many threads, but I guess I never noticed it until now..... Very wrong....

As wrong as that may be, it really doesn't bother me as much as that GBd8ing ad on the front page. THAT is just wrong on this site :wft pukeiconhere (I don't want to spell it out, or use correct spelling at all, in case some bot senses it).

ghettoscott
09-06-2008, 09:38 PM

As wrong as that may be, it really doesn't bother me as much as that GBd8ing ad on the front page. THAT is just wrong on this site :wft pukeiconhere (I don't want to spell it out, or use correct spelling at all, in case some bot senses it).

those ads btwn 1st and 2nd thread are obnoxious... :?

ghettoscott
09-06-2008, 09:48 PM

:D :D :D

I feel your pain brother, i have had that "feeling" in my stomach since Thursday. I got the brats, beer and :tt2 ready to go for tomorrow. 11:55 am Sunday morning, 'Renegade' will be cranked and me and the fam will be celebrating the start of another season....

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!
:tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1
:brownssuck :ratsuck :bungalssuck
:Beer

Ozey74
09-06-2008, 10:32 PM

I feel your pain brother, i have had that "feeling" in my stomach since Thursday. I got the brats, beer and :tt2 ready to go for tomorrow. 11:55 am Sunday morning, 'Renegade' will be cranked and me and the fam will be celebrating the start of another season....

I can already tell that I will have a difficult time falling asleep, probably wake up by 5:30 AM and have my brand new Mendenhall jersey on after 7am church.

stlrz d
09-06-2008, 10:32 PM
I'm stoked to see:

Upcoming: Texans @ Steelers Live 1pm ET

That's what is displayed on DTV channel 707!!!

:tt1

Btw, I think I'm going to start my own little tradition tomorrow...I think Rush's One Little Victory is the perfect song to play before a game...so that's gonna be my thing from now on. :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

fordfixer
09-06-2008, 10:43 PM
At least you guy's get to watch the game out here I have the Seahawks @ Bills or Chiefs @ Patriots* . I'll have to try to find it on the net to listen to :HeadBanger

stlrz d
09-06-2008, 10:51 PM
At least you guy's get to watch the game out here I have the Seahawks @ Bills or Chiefs @ Patriots* . I'll have to try to find it on the net to listen to :HeadBanger

Good luck. Since the NFL came up with NFL Field Pass for streaming audio they have made it illegal for stations to stream audio of games.

You'd probably find it easier on that justintv.com site.

Ozey74
09-06-2008, 10:51 PM

Can you go to a sportsbar that has the NFL package on Direct TV?

fordfixer
09-06-2008, 11:05 PM

Can you go to a sportsbar that has the NFL package on Direct TV?

No both bar's in town are red neck bar's and don't have the NFL package I would have to drive 70 miles to find that and if I could afford the gas to do that every sunday I would just get the NFL package myself, But thanks. I guess I'll just have to watch the Black and Gold bars on the computer. Go Steelers!!!

RuthlessBurgher
09-06-2008, 11:43 PM

I can already tell that I will have a difficult time falling asleep, probably wake up by 5:30 AM and have my brand new Mendenhall jersey on after 7am church.

I'll be waking up at 5:30 a.m. too, because that is when I have to leave to get to the game! :tt1 :Steel :tt2

Ozey74
09-06-2008, 11:44 PM

I'll be waking up at 5:30 a.m. too, because that is when I have to leave to get to the game! :tt1 :Steel :tt2

Have a great time! Good luck trying to get to sleep.....

:Cheers

Hogerules33
09-07-2008, 07:23 AM
Steeler fans are despised in many parts of the country because of their pronounced superiority complex, which is evident in the title of this thread.

Believe it or not, but several other teams have fans that are just as loyal and active as we are.

The Buffalo Bills have a very active message board on their home site. There was a vicious Civil War between the Jp Losman backers, and the Trent Edwards supporters the entire off season. Every day there was a new thread about the two QB's, it was really something else to see. I never registered on the board, fearing I'd get caught in the crossfire lol.

Lot of pent up aggression from fans who haven't seen the playoffs in 9 years.

Ozey74
09-07-2008, 07:48 AM
There was a vicious Civil War between the Jp Losman backers, and the Trent Edwards supporters the entire off season.

Sounds about as nasty as a pillow fight!!!

Hardliner
09-07-2008, 08:43 AM
Let me weigh in for my bros and sisters of the Red and Gold (Chiefs). In the main, we're a solidly loyal and passionate bunch and, like most teams, are at a high fever pitch when the team is winning and competing for post season berths.

The true measure of any fandom is when the team (like now) is in a rebuilding mode or down cycle. Too many of us are still seeing the team through the glory day lens of the 90s when Montana , Derrick Thomas and Marty were part of the national scene. Those same fans don't want to hear about how far the team has fallen and so, are hard to be more realistic in their expectations for the team.

I guess that may be normal, but then again, perhaps not? Anyway, in answer to the main topic of this thread, I'd give Chief's fans high marks when the team is going well, and about a C+ when they're not.

stlrz d
09-07-2008, 08:54 AM
Hardliner - I have a question for you about a "chant" from the Chiefs fans. I don't know if they still do it or not, but I seem to recall that after Rock & Roll Part II would play the Chiefs fans would chant something...but it's completely indecipherable on TV. Can you help me out? It's bugged me for years!

Another one that bugged me for years...Broncos fans have a chant...three syllables...I finally found out what it is...after every incomplete pass they yell "IN-COM-PLETE". To the home viewer it always sounded like "HEY-HO-HEE". I knew that wasn't what they were saying...just giving an example of how indecipherable it was.

Of course the Packers have their sax music with the "Go Pack Go" chant. And us Packers haters change it to "Blow Pack Blow". :D

Jooser
09-07-2008, 09:34 AM
All I know is that after watching that clusterf[]ck of a game in East Carolina yesterday, I am ready to get the Steelers season underway. I can only hope the GOOD team shows up today and dominates. I don't know how much more lousy performance me and Bubba can take before he eats the TV or kills the neighbors cat :D . Yeah, our intensity is hard to beat over here on this side of Steeler Country. :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

ghettoscott
09-07-2008, 11:15 AM
2 more hours.....TICK TOCK TICK TOCK....

buckeyehoppy
09-07-2008, 11:53 AM
Stu Nahan: "...But Mr. Spicoli, how about the fans of the other teams: The Browns, Bengals, Ravens..."

Spicoli: "...ohhhhhhh...THOSE GUYS ARE F@G$!!!"

Hardliner
09-08-2008, 10:04 AM
Hardliner - I have a question for you about a "chant" from the Chiefs fans. I don't know if they still do it or not, but I seem to recall that after Rock & Roll Part II would play the Chiefs fans would chant something...but it's completely indecipherable on TV. Can you help me out? It's bugged me for years!

Another one that bugged me for years...Broncos fans have a chant...three syllables...I finally found out what it is...after every incomplete pass they yell "IN-COM-PLETE". To the home viewer it always sounded like "HEY-HO-HEE". I knew that wasn't what they were saying...just giving an example of how indecipherable it was.

Of course the Packers have their sax music with the "Go Pack Go" chant. And us Packers haters change it to "Blow Pack Blow". :D

Stlrz D,

I think I can help you out. Cool Chant....during the slow part of Rock and Roll Part II ( you know... da da DA DUH....Hey!)
The entire stadium chants " we're gonna beat the hell outta you,you....you,you,you!!!"

stlrz d
09-08-2008, 02:06 PM

Stlrz D,

I think I can help you out. Cool Chant....during the slow part of Rock and Roll Part II ( you know... da da DA DUH....Hey!)
The entire stadium chants " we're gonna beat the hell outta you,you....you,you,you!!!"

Thank you! Now that you mention it I recall the "you, you, you" part but I never knew what the rest was.

8)