PDA

View Full Version : Logan Hits Airwaves

NKySteeler
09-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Logan hits airwaves

Former Steelers safety Mike Logan has been added to the afternoon drive time lineup on ESPN Radio 1250 in Pittsburgh. Last year Logan, a Pittsburgh native, did a weekly one-hour show on the station.

“Towards the latter part of my career I listened to talk radio and didn’t pay it too much attention,” said Logan. “I wanted to get involved in this business, though. I gave it a shot and the right people were listening. I’m eager to get started and I’m looking forward
to it.”

Logan’s new role at the station will require him to keep up with what’s going on throughout the world of sports, not just football.

“It’s definitely going to be a challenge for me,” said Logan. “That I’m on the afternoon show means I’m going to have to cover broader topics. I won’t be exclusively covering football. It will test my sports knowledge. I am geared up for it. I am a competitor.”

One thing that Logan plans to bring to the table that will differ from the other voices on the show will be the player’s perspective.

“I have a more personal relationship with the guys and I can voice their opinions,” said Logan. “Sometimes, talk radio only comes from the fans’ perspective. I can go to bat for the players. I’m going to have my opinion, and I can give their perspective as well.”

-------------------------------------------------------

For those that might want to check him out (not sure what time), you can listen to it here...

http://stations.espn.go.com/stations/espnradio1250/