PDA

View Full Version : Question

BigBen2112
09-05-2008, 09:33 AM
I do have one honest question. And that is this:

Why is it that people who dont agree with the norm or dont think that the FO is always correct get MOCKED all the time, WHILE those who defend ALMOST everything that the FO does doesn't get mocked equally or come forward and submit that they were wrong when they clearly were.

Where are all the people stating that McBean was going to make the roster and produce? Where are all the people who stated that Starks would sign a long term deal and would be a starter?

Those people mocked GOOD posters simply b/c they dont have the opinions on matters. And guess what? It turns out that those of us that got mocked were CORRECT. Where are you now? Where is the apology? There is none...

What is there now? There is more mocking of people who think that the FO is insane for continuing to dismiss the OL/DL. We were supposed to get younger and more talented in the trenches--as Mr. Tomlin himself stated--but we actually got OLDER and stayed the same.

And that's successful?

Just asking a question here. I mean those ardent defenders of the FO and Colbert cant possibly ever be wrong, b/c the FO is never wrong, correct?

RussBII
09-05-2008, 09:42 AM

Why is it that people who dont agree with the norm or dont think that the FO is always correct get MOCKED all the time, WHILE those who defend ALMOST everything that the FO does doesn't get mocked equally or come forward and submit that they were wrong when they clearly were.

Where are all the people stating that McBean was going to make the roster and produce? Where are all the people who stated that Starks would sign a long term deal and would be a starter?

Those people mocked GOOD posters simply b/c they dont have the opinions on matters. And guess what? It turns out that those of us that got mocked were CORRECT. Where are you now? Where is the apology? There is none...

What is there now? There is more mocking of people who think that the FO is insane for continuing to dismiss the OL/DL. We were supposed to get younger and more talented in the trenches--as Mr. Tomlin himself stated--but we actually got OLDER and stayed the same.

And that's successful?

Just asking a question here. I mean those ardent defenders of the FO and Colbert cant possibly ever be wrong, b/c the FO is never wrong, correct?

I don't post all that much, but I read this site all the freaking time. There seems to be a lot more tension around here lately.

I'm chalking it up to concerns/anxiety about the season. I do feel this post is a little incendiary, and could lead to several "trib-style" confrontations.

Regardless, everyone needs to not take things so personal (BigBen this isn't directed solely at you.) We're talking about a game here, games are supposed to be fun. Let's everyone chill out some.

<gets off of soap box>

frankthetank1
09-05-2008, 09:42 AM
i have no idea why a person would feel the need to mock someone for a different opinion, no matter what that opinion might be. i think its about the same mocking going on with both sides. the FACT is the fo doesnt make great moves ALL the time (its impossible) but the fo doesnt make bad moves all the time either. at first i wasnt too upset with the starks deal, because i assumed and had faith that the steelers had some kind of plan. that wasnt the case at all. its very rare that a person will admit they were wrong on any mb

BigBen2112
09-05-2008, 09:49 AM

And that's successful?

I don't post all that much, but I read this site all the freaking time. There seems to be a lot more tension around here lately.

I'm chalking it up to concerns/anxiety about the season. I do feel this post is a little incendiary, and could lead to several "trib-style" confrontations.

Regardless, everyone needs to not take things so personal (BigBen this isn't directed solely at you.) We're talking about a game here, games are supposed to be fun. Let's everyone chill out some.

<gets off of soap box>

If you are saying that its more tense b/c I am here then I will surely leave. I am asking the question b/c go look at the thread 4 guys that show the FO knows what its doing...

Look at the insinuations there...but where are those that were 100% wrong about Starks? McBean?

That's all I am saying. If it is ok to call out one side then it is certainly OK to call out the other...and if you go look at that thread it was NOT started by me!

frankthetank1
09-05-2008, 09:53 AM

And that's successful?

<gets off of soap box>

If you are saying that its more tense b/c I am here then I will surely leave. I am asking the question b/c go look at the thread 4 guys that show the FO knows what its doing...

Look at the insinuations there...but where are those that were 100% wrong about Starks? McBean?

That's all I am saying. If it is ok to call out one side then it is certainly OK to call out the other...and if you go look at that thread it was NOT started by me!

i dont think he meant it is because of you at all.

Slapstick
09-05-2008, 09:53 AM

Is the other side demanding an apology?

MeetJoeGreene
09-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Why??

Because if you are a FAN, you are SUPPOSED to LIKE your team.

It is NATURAL to hope for the best.

There are "fans" that b#itch about EVERY move the Steelers make. I am not talking about a balanced approach of likes and dislikes, but constantly deriding the front office and coach.

If someone is drafted over someone I preferred, it doesn't matter. I HOPE the person we drafted turns out to be a star. And I root for that to happen. I don't want them to fail, so I can say "See!!! We should have drafted my guy".

I can't figure out when people say "I HOPE WE CUT THIS BUM!!!" Because I am thinking - Really? I hope he turns the corner and plays like a madman and becomes a star. Now I don't always think that will happen but I can hope.

costanza2k1
09-05-2008, 10:33 AM

And that's successful?

Here's my honest response to this. Benny don't take offense as I learn a lot from your posts about College players and all and value your opinion. I'll say what I think and hope you don't take it wrong.

Continually bringing up one topic over and over gets old. Make your point once and make it solid. Either people will choose to like and buy into it or they won't. When your point takes over all your discussions you've turned into a bitchy poster who can become confrontational (see 43). The best thing to do is chill get some air and come back. We're all Steelers fans here. We realize as humans all folks make mistakes wether it's our Golden boy QB, Front Office, or owners. Heck even posters make mistakes.

frankthetank1
09-05-2008, 10:35 AM

And that's successful?

Here's my honest response to this. Benny don't take offense as I learn a lot from your posts about College players and all and value your opinion. I'll say what I think and hope you don't take it wrong.

Continually bringing up one topic over and over gets old. Make your point once and make it solid. Either people will choose to like and buy into it or they won't. When your point takes over all your discussions you've turned into a bitchy poster who can become confrontational (see 43). The best thing to do is chill get some air and come back. We're all Steelers fans here. We realize as humans all folks make mistakes wether it's our Golden boy QB, Front Office, or owners. Heck even posters make mistakes.

hey punk speak for yourself, i never make mistakes :lol: :lol:

RussBII
09-05-2008, 10:43 AM

And that's successful?

<gets off of soap box>

This is correct. I was not calling out anyone. I was merely stating that everyone seems to be taking things too personally, and tempers are starting to flare. We all ran to this board to avoid the BS at the trib board, and I'm just worried we'll devolve into that.

Maybe I jumped the gun... but that's my two cents.

I don't want anyone to leave this board, it's pretty freaking awesome... i hope it stays that way.

frankthetank1
09-05-2008, 10:53 AM

And that's successful?

<gets off of soap box>

This is correct. I was not calling out anyone. I was merely stating that everyone seems to be taking things too personally, and tempers are starting to flare. We all ran to this board to avoid the BS at the trib board, and I'm just worried we'll devolve into that.

Maybe I jumped the gun... but that's my two cents.

I don't want anyone to leave this board, it's pretty freaking awesome... i hope it stays that way.

not at all, i definetly agree. i would be very dissapointed if this turns into the trib board

Oviedo
09-05-2008, 11:00 AM

And that's successful?

Couldn't agree more. I love BigBen's posts and everyone is entitled to an opinion, but beating a dead horse is counter productive. Can we get a "beating the dead horse" smileys, I sure it will become the most used.

BigBen doesn't like Colbert and his job on the OL/DL--ok we got it the first hundred times!

I don't like Nate "Freakishly Athletic" Washington--I sure everyone got it the first hundred times I said it which is why I try to refrain going into it.

Posts get ridiculous when they go from discussing to calling people names or demanding that people should be fired. Face it folks you can not like Tomlin or Colbert, but they have jobs in the NFL and none of us do or ever will. Does anyone really think the Rooneys give a "Rat's A$$" what anyone on this board thinks or that anything said on this board will change a decision the organization makes?

I however will never understand why anyone wants to be told they're right on a message or get an apology. This is just a discussion board not a marriage. Our opinions in the big scheme of things aren't really that important that anyone should be offended.

BigBen2112
09-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Why??

There are "fans" that b#itch about EVERY move the Steelers make. I am not talking about a balanced approach of likes and dislikes, but constantly deriding the front office and coach.

If someone is drafted over someone I preferred, it doesn't matter. I HOPE the person we drafted turns out to be a star. And I root for that to happen. I don't want them to fail, so I can say "See!!! We should have drafted my guy".

I can't figure out when people say "I HOPE WE CUT THIS BUM!!!" Because I am thinking - Really? I hope he turns the corner and plays like a madman and becomes a star. Now I don't always think that will happen but I can hope.

And you have the equally annoying reciprocal of what you are saying, those that support everything the FO does.

The FO is NOT the team. You are talking about supporting the players once they are here. And that's fine. Support the "team" but you say that the people who "b*tch" about everything get annoying? So do those who support everything the FO does. I dont look at the FO as part of the "team" that I support.

It is irrational and equally annoying to say every decision is right and defend every decision ardently.

I am one of the first ones who said that I was glad we chose Mendenhall and Sweed. I also have been critical of the drops that Sweed has had.

If there is never any criticism then you just have a blind following, which isn't exactly being a "fan" either.

Do I HOPE that players fail? No. Not at all. I have said as much about Bruce Davis, who I thought was the worst pick out of the whole draft. I said I hope he succeeds as SMG says he will, but I have my doubts.

Thats logical and that's something that you SHOULD have.

I guess I just dont believe in constantly saying, "The front office knows more than you do, and they have a plan, and everything will turn out alright." When life experiences and when in reality it simply isn't the case.

And to say that I, or other posters like me, complain and constantly deride the FO and Coach? Is not factual in the least. Furthermore, if we DID do that then we would obviously have a reason to.

Are the fans of the Lions who hate how things are being ran and constantly have a problem with the FO and their decisions likewise not fans? That is utterly ridiculous.

My point all along has been that I think that Tomlin values "skilled" players more than the trenches and that Colbert wholeheartedly agrees. Tell me how it can be if that is not the case that we have allowed our lines to deteriorate and deteriorate to the point where we neither run block nor pass protect 1/2 as well as we used to. Is it because of age? Yeah probably...but that can only tell one part of the story. We have continually ignored the OL/DL and that is why age is catching up with us.

You have a 100 million dollar+ quarterback who you have invested Miller, Holmes, Mendenhall, and Sweed into......the LEAST you could do is build him a half-way capable OL. Because if you dont? The Millers, Holmeses, Mendenhalls, and Sweeds became almost useless.

We are holding Ben back as a QB by not giving him a line that is even remotely respectable. And NOONE is at fault for that? Actually, someone is at fault for that and saying that someone is at fault does not make anyone any less of a fan.

If you disagree fine.

But like I said, those who are not always inline with the team policy are mocked, and when they are proved correct? Is there ever anything said about that? Not really.

Just stating fact.

Djfan
09-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Agreed. I like the line up around here.

Most of the time I don't like to go after anyone. I save that for trolls and SMG 8) 8)

Really it is a good time venture around here. Even if you convince us of your point it won't reach the front office anyway.

Live with it and share the love on the Planet!!

BigBen2112
09-05-2008, 11:09 AM

And that's successful?

Couldn't agree more. I love BigBen's posts and everyone is entitled to an opinion, but beating a dead horse is counter productive. Can we get a "beating the dead horse" smileys, I sure it will become the most used.

BigBen doesn't like Colbert and his job on the OL/DL--ok we got it the first hundred times!

I don't like Nate "Freakishly Athletic" Washington--I sure everyone got it the first hundred times I said it which is why I try to refrain going into it.

Posts get ridiculous when they go from discussing to calling people names or demanding that people should be fired. Face it folks you can not like Tomlin or Colbert, but they have jobs in the NFL and none of us do or ever will. Does anyone really think the Rooneys give a "Rat's A$$" what anyone on this board thinks or that anything said on this board will change a decision the organization makes?

I however will never understand why anyone wants to be told they're right on a message or get an apology. This is just a discussion board not a marriage. Our opinions in the big scheme of things aren't really that important that anyone should be offended.

I dont feel like I need an apology or be told that I was correct about Starks/Colbert...I just find it intriguing that the mocking continues of certain groups of people.

And I haven't said that Colbert/Tomlin need to be fired right now.

I think that Colbert should have ONE, and yes I do mean ONE, more draft. If he fails to address need areas, and lets face it we are a great team but we have specific-glaring needs, and he doesn't do it through FA or something then he has to go. We have invested a LOT into Ben and our offense and invested a LOT into the defense behind the DL...now it is PAST time to invest in keeping Ben upright and giving the D a deep, talented DL that can actually do some things.

That is my stance, just so that everyone knows up front. I dont think he should be fired. I think he went out and got the #1 RB in the draft in my mind and a WR that Ben basically told him to get. After that I found the draft to be less than ideal and down right disturbing that we ignored need areas again.

However, I think he got two good/decent players with the 1st and 2nd picks. Now it is time next year to load up on BOTH of the lines, and do so OFTEN.

If he cant do that I think he needs to go, if for nothing else, the sake of our 100 million dollar man!

That's my position. Is that illogical? I guess some think so. :roll:

frankthetank1
09-05-2008, 11:09 AM
if mike tomlin really believed skill players are more important or valued than guys in the trenches he wouldnt of gotten the hc job. tomlin played college football so i would be willing to bet he knows a thing or two about the sport and knows how valuable the o and d-line are

BigBen2112
09-05-2008, 11:15 AM
if mike tomlin really believed skill players are more important or valued than guys in the trenches he wouldnt of gotten the hc job. tomlin played college football so i would be willing to bet he knows a thing or two about the sport and knows how valuable the o and d-line are

Ok.

Im out I guess.

So much for the inclusiveness of this board.

frankthetank1
09-05-2008, 11:16 AM

Ok.

Im out I guess.

haha you dont like people who dont agree with your opinion huh? sorry that im not a robot and think for myself. your right tomlin doesnt know much about football. is that better?

Jom112
09-05-2008, 11:24 AM

Ok.

Im out I guess.

Just because people disagree with your opinions doesn't mean that you are not "included". People willing to engage in banter with you IMHO means you are being included.

If people respond to your posts by calling your a moron or questioning your knowledge of the game as I have seen on other boards then I would agree with you. But I don't see much of that here.

I'm sure not many people agree with what I say (Go figure) and I'm fine with that. As long as they make their points and are willing to hear mine I'll be around...

BigBen2112
09-05-2008, 11:24 AM

Ok.

Im out I guess.

haha you dont like people who dont agree with your opinion huh? sorry that im not a robot and think for myself. your right tomlin doesnt know much about football. is that better?

No. I dont care if people dont agree with me. What I dont like is that it is ok on this board to make posts like were made in the thread by Chadman, but if someone makes a reciprocal thread there is general outrage.

That's what I dont like. Thus why I said "so much for the inclusiveness of this board."

Snatch98
09-05-2008, 11:25 AM

And that's successful?

You just like reading your own posts don't you? Need a pat on the back?

BigBen2112
09-05-2008, 11:27 AM

Ok.

Im out I guess.

Just because people disagree with your opinions doesn't mean that you are not "included". People willing to engage in banter with you IMHO means you are being included.

If people respond to your posts by calling your a moron or questioning your knowledge of the game as I have seen on other boards then I would agree with you. But I don't see much of that here.

I'm sure not many people agree with what I say (Go figure) and I'm fine with that. As long as they make their points and are willing to hear mine I'll be around...

Again, I have ZERO problems when people dont agree with me.

I have a problem with stuff like THIS:

Are you guys insinuating that the the huge ego maniacs that have since migrated (or banned) from board to board talking down to anyone who disagreed with them and then hypocritically bitched, moaned or cried, when anyone else treated them in the same manner?!? Not those guys, right?

That would be them...but Chadman was going to add SMG to that before he realised SMG would probably read this thread... :lol:

Is that post talking about ME? No...at least if so then the post is misdirected, but nonetheless it has the EXACT tone that the other board had. And I find that concerning.

BigBen2112
09-05-2008, 11:28 AM

And that's successful?

You just like reading your own posts don't you? Need a pat on the back?

And it begins. Imagine that.

frankthetank1
09-05-2008, 11:31 AM

Ok.

Im out I guess.

Are you guys insinuating that the the huge ego maniacs that have since migrated (or banned) from board to board talking down to anyone who disagreed with them and then hypocritically bitched, moaned or cried, when anyone else treated them in the same manner?!? Not those guys, right?

That would be them...but Chadman was going to add SMG to that before he realised SMG would probably read this thread... :lol:

Is that post talking about ME? No...at least if so then the post is misdirected, but nonetheless it has the EXACT tone that the other board had. And I find that concerning.

i dont see where your coming from, i read the post and i really dont think it was intended just for you. if it was intended for you im sure the poster would make that known in a civil way.

Snatch98
09-05-2008, 11:31 AM

Ok.

Im out I guess.

Big Ben you have at least one glaring problem, you are either always trying to beat your drum the loudest or you spend half the day beating the same dead horse. It's annoying. Relax, post your view point and read the view points of others. Posting on a Steelers message board doesn't always have to be about making sure anyone and everyone signs on with your current thought process or at least ensuring that if people don't agree with you they at least hear what you have to say 40 times. You are the epitome of "beating a dead horse" and it's always been that way with you. It gets old man, real old.

BigBen2112
09-05-2008, 11:34 AM

Ok.

Im out I guess.

i dont see where your coming from, i read the post and i really dont think it was intended just for you. if it was intended for you im sure the poster would make that known in a civil way.

I said I didnt think it was about me. But like I said, that sounds very reminiscent of things on another board, where people were put down all the time.

BigBen2112
09-05-2008, 11:34 AM

Ok.

Im out I guess.

Big Ben you have at least one glaring problem, you are either always trying to beat your drum the loudest or you spend half the day beating the same dead horse. It's annoying. Relax, post your view point and read the view points of others. Posting on a Steelers message board doesn't always have to be about making sure anyone and everyone signs on with your current thought process or at least ensuring that if people don't agree with you they at least hear what you have to say 40 times. You are the epitome of "beating a dead horse" and it's always been that way with you. It gets old man, real old.

Ok.

Oviedo
09-05-2008, 11:36 AM

And that's successful?

I dont feel like I need an apology or be told that I was correct about Starks/Colbert...I just find it intriguing that the mocking continues of certain groups of people.

I think that Colbert should have ONE, and yes I do mean ONE, more draft. If he fails to address need areas, and lets face it we are a great team but we have specific-glaring needs, and he doesn't do it through FA or something then he has to go. We have invested a LOT into Ben and our offense and invested a LOT into the defense behind the DL...now it is PAST time to invest in keeping Ben upright and giving the D a deep, talented DL that can actually do some things.

That is my stance, just so that everyone knows up front. I dont think he should be fired. I think he went out and got the #1 RB in the draft in my mind and a WR that Ben basically told him to get. After that I found the draft to be less than ideal and down right disturbing that we ignored need areas again.

However, I think he got two good/decent players with the 1st and 2nd picks. Now it is time next year to load up on BOTH of the lines, and do so OFTEN.

If he cant do that I think he needs to go, if for nothing else, the sake of our 100 million dollar man!

Sorry if I come across as mocking (not sure of your definition). We agree on a lot and disagree on some. I think where we differ the most is you make a major assumption that someone else would be better than Colbert and selecting players he did not select somehow I guarantees that things would have turned out better and we would be a better team.

All that speculation is great, but we don't really know. We could have selected all the OL and DL that you and I agreed to going into the draft and not be a better team. Who knows we may be worse. They may be on the IR with blown out knees. One of those young OL could miss a block that gets Ben put out for the season.

I just choose to accept that decisions were made by professionals who have established credibility in a field that I'm not qualified to be employed in. The decisions were made so like I said before I'm going to be a fan, strap into the roller coaster that is the 2008 Steelers and enjoy the ride. Who knows it may be the best ride I was ever on or I may get off a puke up those corn dogs. But once I get on I'm know not in control so I have to just see how it goes.

Maybe I'm not that great a fan because I just don't take watching twenty something millionaires play game as serious as others. Maybe that just me being illogical.

BigBen2112
09-05-2008, 11:39 AM

And that's successful?

Sorry if I come across as mocking (not sure of your definition). We agree on a lot and disagree on some. I think where we differ the most is you make a major assumption that someone else would be better than Colbert and selecting players he did not select somehow I guarantees that things would have turned out better and we would be a better team.

All that speculation is great, but we don't really know. We could have selected all the OL and DL that you and I agreed to going into the draft and not be a better team. Who knows we may be worse. They may be on the IR with blown out knees. One of those young OL could miss a block that gets Ben put out for the season.

I just choose to accept that decisions were made by professionals who have established credibility in a field that I'm not qualified to be employed in. The decisions were made so like I said before I'm going to be a fan, strap into the roller coaster that is the 2008 Steelers and enjoy the ride. Who knows it may be the best ride I was ever on or I may get off a puke up those corn dogs. But once I get on I'm know not in control so I have to just see how it goes.

Maybe I'm not that great a fan because I just don't take watching twenty something millionaires play game as serious as others.

No, Oviedo you are more than fine.

RuthlessBurgher
09-05-2008, 11:41 AM

Ok.

Im out I guess.

It sounded to me like they were referencing Crash and 43, who were mentioned specifically in a previous post in that thread. I don't recall you even being mentioned anywhere in that thread. I don't think anyone here has a problem with you being included here. You certainly add to the football discussion (even if you sometimes feel the need to hammer the same topic in 20 different posts when it would have been even more effective in just 1 or 2), and I would never want to lose a knowledgeable football poster like yourself. Hypothetically, even if someone here did have it out for you (which I do not think is the case by any means), it is really worth getting your panties in a bunch over the opinions of another message board poster?

BigBen2112
09-05-2008, 11:50 AM

Ok.

Im out I guess.

It sounded to me like they were referencing Crash and 43, who were mentioned specifically in a previous post in that thread. I don't recall you even being mentioned anywhere in that thread. I don't think anyone here has a problem with you being included here. You certainly add to the football discussion (even if you sometimes feel the need to hammer the same topic in 20 different posts when it would have been even more effective in just 1 or 2), and I would never want to lose a knowledgeable football poster like yourself. Hypothetically, even if someone here did have it out for you (which I do not think is the case by any means), it is really worth getting your panties in a bunch over the opinions of another message board poster?

Hahaha. No, Im cool.

costanza2k1
09-05-2008, 12:05 PM

And that's successful?

It's go time I tell ya! :D

RuthlessBurgher
09-05-2008, 12:09 PM

And that's successful?

It's go time I tell ya! :D

Mandelbaum, Mandelbaum, Mandelbaum!!! :lol:

http://thesportshernia.typepad.com/blog/images/2007/05/02/mandelbaum_mandelbaum.jpg

MeetJoeGreene
09-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Why??

And you have the equally annoying reciprocal of what you are saying, those that support everything the FO does.

The FO is NOT the team. You are talking about supporting the players once they are here. And that's fine. Support the "team" but you say that the people who "b*tch" about everything get annoying? So do those who support everything the FO does. I dont look at the FO as part of the "team" that I support.

It is irrational and equally annoying to say every decision is right and defend every decision ardently.

I am one of the first ones who said that I was glad we chose Mendenhall and Sweed. I also have been critical of the drops that Sweed has had.

If there is never any criticism then you just have a blind following, which isn't exactly being a "fan" either.

Do I HOPE that players fail? No. Not at all. I have said as much about Bruce Davis, who I thought was the worst pick out of the whole draft. I said I hope he succeeds as SMG says he will, but I have my doubts.

I guess I just dont believe in constantly saying, "The front office knows more than you do, and they have a plan, and everything will turn out alright." When life experiences and when in reality it simply isn't the case.

And to say that I, or other posters like me, complain and constantly deride the FO and Coach? Is not factual in the least. Furthermore, if we DID do that then we would obviously have a reason to.

Are the fans of the Lions who hate how things are being ran and constantly have a problem with the FO and their decisions likewise not fans? That is utterly ridiculous.

My point all along has been that I think that Tomlin values "skilled" players more than the trenches and that Colbert wholeheartedly agrees. Tell me how it can be if that is not the case that we have allowed our lines to deteriorate and deteriorate to the point where we neither run block nor pass protect 1/2 as well as we used to. Is it because of age? Yeah probably...but that can only tell one part of the story. We have continually ignored the OL/DL and that is why age is catching up with us.

You have a 100 million dollar+ quarterback who you have invested Miller, Holmes, Mendenhall, and Sweed into......the LEAST you could do is build him a half-way capable OL. Because if you dont? The Millers, Holmeses, Mendenhalls, and Sweeds became almost useless.

We are holding Ben back as a QB by not giving him a line that is even remotely respectable. And NOONE is at fault for that? Actually, someone is at fault for that and saying that someone is at fault does not make anyone any less of a fan.

If you disagree fine.

But like I said, those who are not always inline with the team policy are mocked, and when they are proved correct? Is there ever anything said about that? Not really.

Just stating fact.

Nothing in my quote was directed at you. I don't consider you a persistent naysayer.

I do agree with Oviedo's post about bringing the same thing up over and over.

BigBen2112
09-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Why??

If you disagree fine.

Just stating fact.

Nothing in my quote was directed at you. I don't consider you a persistent naysayer.

I do agree with Oviedo's post about bringing the same thing up over and over.

I love you too. If for not other reason than that you are very scary.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/image/1976/12/26/001345051.jpg

Shawn
09-05-2008, 12:29 PM
This is just me...so take it for what it's worth but chicken little Steeler fans seem ungreatful and honestly they annoy the h%^& out of me.

I do not agree with the FO on every decision but I state my piece and move on. People know where I stand on that issue and I don't see a need to bring it up in post after post.

I like to read peoples opinions that disagree with the FO...but say it once...maybe twice and move on.

The fact is we root for the greatest football franchise in the NFL. They put together a good team year after a year...even without my help. :shock: So, I will give them the credit of the doubt, and the occasional pass (ie Starks). The Steelers FO does it as good as anyone IMO. So, why be doomy and gloomy all the time?

BigBen2112
09-05-2008, 12:36 PM
This is just me...so take it for what it's worth but chicken little Steeler fans seem ungreatful and honestly they annoy the h%^& out of me.

I do not agree with the FO on every decision but I state my piece and move on. People know where I stand on that issue and I don't see a need to bring it up in post after post.

I like to read peoples opinions that disagree with the FO...but say it once...maybe twice and move on.

The fact is we root for the greatest football franchise in the NFL. They put together a good team year after a year...even without my help. :shock: So, I will give them the credit of the doubt, and the occasional pass (ie Starks). The Steelers FO does it as good as anyone IMO. So, why be doomy and gloomy all the time?

You are just happy b/c you have a pope pimp chalice.

NC Steeler Fan
09-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Well, from a female's perspective....

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......

#1.) I swear I think some people are missing the gene responsible
for allowing the recognition of saracasm. Pity. It can be such fun!

#2.) The next person who makes the comment "whines like a little girl" gets
smacked!...

It's football, not a freakin' popularity contest!

Well, except for AA...to me, he's more popular than anyone on here!* :Cheers

*thinking of updating sig pic... :mrgreen:

RuthlessBurgher
09-05-2008, 12:39 PM

smacked!...

Oh, quit whining like a little girl already!!!

*ducking and hiding*...I fear women that are angry with me! :lol:

Slapstick
09-05-2008, 12:45 PM
If you do not want to have your opinion mocked, debated, picked apart or otherwise disagreed with, perhaps you should consider not posting on a message board at all...

More than one of your posts created in a debate with me took a "mocking" tone...Am I getting my panties in a bunch about it?

I follow a three step program:

1) Express your opinion
2) Take your lumps
3) Move on

Life is tough...wear a cup... :wink:

BigBen2112
09-05-2008, 01:00 PM
If you do not want to have your opinion mocked, debated, picked apart or otherwise disagreed with, perhaps you should consider not posting on a message board at all...

More than one of your posts created in a debate with me took a "mocking" tone...Am I getting my panties in a bunch about it?

1) Express your opinion
2) Take your lumps
3) Move on

I have zero problem with any of the above.

Especially since I know I am right. :wink: :lol: :D

Oviedo
09-05-2008, 01:00 PM

smacked!...

Why would we care what a chick has to say??? We're Steeler fans.

Go make some brownies and do the laundry :wink:

Jigawatts
09-05-2008, 01:12 PM

Who's AA? Are you talking about the artist formally known as AA? We call him
AS around here. Get it right or face the consequence of ninja justice. :moon

Go Steelers. :tt2

Shawn
09-05-2008, 01:15 PM

You are just happy b/c you have a pope pimp chalice.

pffft uhhh yuahh. :D

Shawn
09-05-2008, 01:19 PM

1) Express your opinion
2) Take your lumps
3) Move on

Ehh shut the F up. :D

papillon
09-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Why would we care what a chick has to say??? We're Steeler fans.
Go make some brownies and do the laundry

How far is Oviedo, Florida from anywhere in North Carolina? You only have about that much time left to live! Have a beer on me! :Beer

Pappy

NC Steeler Fan
09-05-2008, 01:23 PM

Eh, AA, AS...those slanty-eyed dudes all look alike to me anyways!

Ummmmmm, in a handsome sort of way, that is! :D

Beesides, I ain't werryed about dem dar ninjas he's got...we'uns got
ar own sekret booby-trapd stuff down South heer too y'know.... 8)

Slapstick
09-05-2008, 01:25 PM

1) Express your opinion
2) Take your lumps
3) Move on

And thank you for illustrating my point so beautifully...

...by featuring the cup you wear so prominently in your sig...although that must be uncomfortable in jeans...

NC Steeler Fan
09-05-2008, 01:31 PM
By the way, is it just me or is everyone just a bit giddy now that
the season has officially started??? :Cheers

I swear I saw my husband roll his eyes after I playfully trumpeted
through the living room last night to the tune of the MNF theme song
that the long period of darkness was over and that it was time to....

BRING IT ON!!!! :tt1 :tt2 :Cheers :Beer

papillon
09-05-2008, 01:35 PM

This could be more information than we really need to know about the habits of you and your husband within the confines of your livingroom. :P :stirpot :tt2

Here we go Steelers, Here we go!

<repeat as often as necessary to get into proper Steeler football frame of mind>

Pappy

NC Steeler Fan
09-05-2008, 01:49 PM

This could be more information than we really need to know about the habits of you and your husband within the confines of your livingroom. :P :stirpot :tt2

<repeat as often as necessary to get into proper Steeler football frame of mind>

Pappy

Hey, I had my Steeler jammies on ! :wink:

Just trying to add a bit of levity*, I mean BREVITY!, to this thread!

(*for those of you who remember that grammatical snafu from last time! :oops: )

SteelTorch
09-05-2008, 01:49 PM

And that's successful?

We don't owe you any apology. People aren't going to be right or wrong all the time, the same goes with you or any other poster. And no one here is saying Colbert is infallible, some are just saying to relax and trust them. Everyone makes mistakes.

And why all the drama? It's fine to have your own opinions and you complain about what you want, but when you make 100 posts in a row whining about the same thing, people are going to get tired of it. The way I see it, you can do two things:

1. Let it go.
2. Take your ball and go home (http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewforum.php?f=2).

Discussion we want, drama we don't need. :wink:

papillon
09-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Hey, I had my Steeler jammies on !

For how long? :P

Pappy

Jigawatts
09-05-2008, 02:01 PM
[quote="NC Steeler Fan":qnayw2k1]Well, except for AA...to me, he's more popular than anyone on here!* :Cheers

[/quote:qnayw2k1]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shawn
09-05-2008, 02:04 PM

1) Express your opinion
2) Take your lumps
3) Move on

...by featuring the cup you wear so prominently in your sig...although that must be uncomfortable in jeans...

Not really...the pimp cup in my jeans gets me mad lovin's. :D

SteelTorch
09-05-2008, 02:05 PM
[quote="NC Steeler Fan":280k9sdf]Well, except for AA...to me, he's more popular than anyone on here!* :Cheers

[/quote:280k9sdf]
But their women will do anything you want. Anything you want. :P :wink:

RussBII
09-05-2008, 02:30 PM

1) Express your opinion
2) Take your lumps
3) Move on

Is "mad lovin's" another way to say "serious chafing?"

Gold Bond to the rescue!

NC Steeler Fan
09-05-2008, 02:33 PM
[quote="NC Steeler Fan":8beoukcv]Well, except for AA...to me, he's more popular than anyone on here!* :Cheers

But their women will do anything you want. Anything you want. :P :wink:[/quote:8beoukcv]

Um, so, like, I am SO not touching that one.... :lol:

(....backs awaaaay from the keyboard...)

Have a good football weekend everyone!!!! :Cheers

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!
HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

And just for you guys, here's a hearty... :Boobs

(like I look like that! riiiiight....)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(I'm just praying the storm doesn't cause any damage to our
satellite dish and screw up Sunday Ticket for this weekend, or
I'm gonna be one depressed puppy!!! )

Les 74
09-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Ok,after four pages,I'm still as confused as after the first one. :?

eniparadoxgma
09-05-2008, 06:18 PM

Perhaps this will clear it up for you, Les:

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8761/night1nu4.gif (http://imageshack.us)

You're welcome.

Les 74
09-05-2008, 06:21 PM

Perhaps this will clear it up for you, Les:

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8761/night1nu4.gif (http://imageshack.us)

You're welcome.

Oh,ok.Thats much better now. :? :lol:

Shawn
09-05-2008, 07:34 PM

1) Express your opinion
2) Take your lumps
3) Move on

Is "mad lovin's" another way to say "serious chafing?"

Gold Bond to the rescue!

Nothing a little vasoline can't help. :)

Djfan
09-06-2008, 12:17 AM
I think we all need a cross-continental "Kumbaya Fest".

Start us off AA!