PDA

View Full Version : Heard "Hell's Bells" and "Renegade" back-to-back last night

rpmpit
09-04-2008, 03:31 PM
On my way to the gym, K-Rock (NYC) was playing Hell's Bells. Then right after they played "Renegade". Talk about getting PUMPED UP!!! Let's just say I had an excellent workout. God, I wish it was Sunday!!!!

Hell's Bells:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwxJ46HWXbA

Renegade:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_MWHpRpjtw

Mel Blount's G
09-04-2008, 03:38 PM
First off: Moved

Where have styx gone? Why can't Dennis Deyoung and Tommy Shaw just get along? And John Panozzo rip died of the sauce affliction

ghettoscott
09-04-2008, 03:39 PM
I know that Renegade is not everyone's favorite but every time i hear that song i get pumped for the season. It is actually part of my pre-game ritual.

:tt2 :tt1

rpmpit
09-04-2008, 03:40 PM

Where have styx gone? Why can't Dennis Deyoung and Tommy Shaw just get along? And John Panozzo rip died of the sauce affliction

Moved?? Why??

RussBII
09-04-2008, 03:44 PM
I know that Renegade is not everyone's favorite but every time i hear that song i get pumped for the season. It is actually part of my pre-game ritual.

I only like it because it's associated w/ the Steelers now. I just don't think its a very "badassed" sounding song. The guitar riff is a little cheesy... That heartbeat sounding dealie at the beginning has to sound great in a stadium though.

NCSU used to run out to "Boom" by P.O.D. Not the best song in the world, but when we played it at tailgates it pumped us all up.

costanza2k1
09-04-2008, 03:46 PM

Ok cool! I'm not the only one who does this. The kids even make me play it before their soccer games..

:tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

RussBII
09-04-2008, 03:47 PM

Ok cool! I'm not the only one who does this. The kids even make me play it before their soccer games..

:tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

hehehe... that's just freaking awesome.

Mel Blount's G
09-04-2008, 03:53 PM

Moved?? Why??
Oh sorry. Didn't know it was a song at heinz. And I've seen things removed from here that I thought were mildly steeler-related. No big and makes no difference to me either way.

Carry on, rock on and GO STEELERS!!!
:tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2

PS: I rocked out to

rpmpit
09-04-2008, 03:58 PM
[quote="Mel Blount's G":3fs2e70i]First off: Moved

Moved?? Why??
Oh sorry. Didn't know it was a song at heinz. And I've seen things removed from here that I thought were mildly steeler-related. No big and makes no difference to me either way.

Carry on, rock on and GO STEELERS!!!
:tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2

PS: I rocked out to[/quote:3fs2e70i]

Oh, no problem. Yeah, both songs are played at Heinz. And like some have said, I really only enjoy Renegade because its Steeler related.

SteelerNation1
09-04-2008, 04:48 PM
I think a couple of the famous SN1 pictures I have posted that were in the Post Gazette were actually taken when Renegade was playing! I love that song!!!!! It's my ring tone. LOL.

Ozey74
09-04-2008, 08:41 PM
If I can have the forum to share a nice moment that involves the song "Renegade":

Saw the Damn Yankee's in 1991 or 92'. They tore the roof off of the place with their rendition of "Renegade". I have seen over 100 shows. This show and this song performance will stay with me forever.

:tt2

Jigawatts
09-05-2008, 01:25 PM
I think we need SoulKitchen's services around here. I guess I'll just have to fill in...

WANTED MAN

Oh Mamma, I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law
Law man has put an end to my running and I'm so far from my home
Oh Mamma, I can hear you a crying you're so scared and all alone
Hangman is coming down from the gallows and I don't have very long

http://www.thefantasykickoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/matt-schaub.jpg

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/images/09/05/p1_schaub.jpg