PDA

View Full Version : Faneca, Jets, and Steelers playoff chances

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-04-2008, 11:59 AM
It might be ironic, but Faneca might help us get into the playoffs this year more than last, just by keeping Farve upright. Thisyear the Jets play the Bengals, the Chargers, Denver, and of course the *s twice. Losses by any/all of these teams should help us in terms of playoffs/home field advantage. Wouldn't it be nice if we had a playoff game against the *s in Pgh rather than New England?

Hopefully, Faneca will decide to play with pride (unlike last year), being chosen team captain and feeling he wasn't "dissed".

J-E-T-S - JETS, JETS, JETS!!

[edited]

RuthlessBurgher
09-04-2008, 12:12 PM
It might be ironic, but Faneca might help us get into the playoffs this year more than last, just by keeping Farve upright. Thisyear the Jets play Cleveland, the Bengals, the Chargers, Denver, and of course the *s twice. Losses by any/all of these teams should help us in terms of playoffs/home field advantage. Wouldn't it be nice if we had a playoff game against the *s in Pgh rather than New England?

Hopefully, Faneca will decide to play with pride (unlike last year), being chosen team captain and feeling he wasn't "dissed".

The Jets don't play Cleveland. Cleveland's only game against an AFC East opponent is Buffalo.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-04-2008, 12:15 PM
It might be ironic, but Faneca might help us get into the playoffs this year more than last, just by keeping Farve upright. Thisyear the Jets play Cleveland, the Bengals, the Chargers, Denver, and of course the *s twice. Losses by any/all of these teams should help us in terms of playoffs/home field advantage. Wouldn't it be nice if we had a playoff game against the *s in Pgh rather than New England?

The Jets don't play Cleveland. Cleveland's only game against an AFC East opponent is Buffalo.

My bad, sorry, fixed in the original post (it was a preseason game they played against them). Too bad about that ... still looking forward to the other teams losing against the Jets!

rpmpit
09-04-2008, 12:44 PM
It might be ironic, but Faneca might help us get into the playoffs this year more than last, just by keeping Farve upright. Thisyear the Jets play the Bengals, the Chargers, Denver, and of course the *s twice. Losses by any/all of these teams should help us in terms of playoffs/home field advantage. Wouldn't it be nice if we had a playoff game against the *s in Pgh rather than New England?

[edited]

Actually, the last two playoff games we've played the Pats (the AFCCGs in '02 and '04) have been at home. Before that, we played them only two other times in the playoffs (in '97 and '98) and only one of those games ('97) was played in New England.

BTW, we've only beaten them once in four tries in the playoffs - in '98 we beat them 7-6. Do you guys remember who forced the Bledsoe fumble on the Pats last drive??? Mike Vrabel

But anyway, I agree that I hope the Jets can do some damage for us.

kennyes
09-05-2008, 02:44 AM

[edited]

Actually, the last two playoff games we've played the Pats (the Access in '02 and '04) have been at home. Before that, we played them only two other times in the playoffs (in '97 and '98) and only one of those games ('97) was played in New England.

BTW, we've only beaten them once in four tries in the playoffs - in '98 we beat them 7-6. Do you guys remember who forced the Bledsoe fumble on the Pats last drive??? Mike Vrabel

Yeah, I'll agree that it's a bit of wishful thinking but, that division definitely needs more competition and it looks like the Jets have narrowed the gap somewhat. Not to mention the P*triots 'D' is aging and Gaydy has a broken Labia. God I hate that team! :evil:

P.S. We need a * sucks emoticon of some sort...

frankthetank1
09-05-2008, 07:30 AM

[edited]

Actually, the last two playoff games we've played the Pats (the AFCCGs in '02 and '04) have been at home. Before that, we played them only two other times in the playoffs (in '97 and '98) and only one of those games ('97) was played in New England.

your suppose to give us time to answer that!! i actually knew the answer, that was one of the more happier post season moments for me. even back then i hated the pats and i hated bledsoe. root for the jets? eh thats kind of hard for me to do since i grew up in the nyc area. i always pulled for the giants because they are an nfc team but i have always hated the jets. i love when the steelers play them though, i think last year was only like the 4th or 5th loss to the jets. i dont think they have a better record against any other team