PDA

View Full Version : Where's Stlrzd?

Djfan
09-04-2008, 02:39 AM
He's been MIA lately. Or am I just getting senile?

SteelerNation1
09-04-2008, 07:45 AM
I bet he's milling around over at TribLive. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

stlrz d
09-04-2008, 07:49 AM
I'm here...thanks for asking!

Yesterday was a busy day. I usually come home from work for lunch and sometimes will have time to get on here. We had a work FF draft so my lunch was spent there. Then I had to drive down to Sheboygan (60 miles one way) for another draft. Didn't get home last night until about 11:30.

You probably think I'm crazy, but I've been in that league for 16 years and it's a great bunch of guys. For as long as I'm stuck living in WI I will be in that league.

RuthlessBurgher
09-04-2008, 08:49 AM

Yesterday was a busy day. I usually come home from work for lunch and sometimes will have time to get on here. We had a work FF draft so my lunch was spent there. Then I had to drive down to Sheboygan (60 miles one way) for another draft. Didn't get home last night until about 11:30.

You probably think I'm crazy, but I've been in that league for 16 years and it's a great bunch of guys. For as long as I'm stuck living in WI I will be in that league.

I just like saying "Sheboygan." An hands-down top 10 city name.

Iron Shiek
09-04-2008, 08:54 AM

I'm in the same boat. I've been in this one league since before people knew what fantasy football was. Its close to 20 years now...18 or 19 I think. Randall Cunningham was a pimp in that league back then because QB's get double points for rushing td's. Anyway, its a bunch of friends that all grew up together and we all get to the draft no matter what. One guy moved to Texas and still comes. Plus its a big keeper league, we keep a starting lineup so the draft is mostly rookies, but we all trade like crazy and jockey for draft position. Its ruthless.

Shawn
09-04-2008, 10:07 AM
D misses a couple days posting...and it's noticed and missed. Call me sentimental but that is kinda cool.

fordfixer
09-04-2008, 10:33 AM
D misses a couple days posting...and it's noticed and missed. Call me sentimental but that is kinda cool.

O.K. your sentimental. But :Agree

Ozey74
09-04-2008, 10:34 AM
I just thought you were busy taunting Packer fans.

frankthetank1
09-04-2008, 11:09 AM
i had no idea they had fantasy football in the 80's, thats so cool

RuthlessBurgher
09-04-2008, 11:22 AM

Yeah, the stories become very much like the "I had to walk to school in 3 feet of snow uphill both ways" stories when people describe how they had to tabulate scores by hand using the newspaper boxscores...long before this whole interweb thingie was invented by Al Gore. :lol:

Iron Shiek
09-04-2008, 11:26 AM

Yeah, the stories become very much like the "I had to walk to school in 3 feet of snow uphill both ways" stories when people describe how they had to tabulate scores by hand using the newspaper boxscores...long before this whole interweb thingie was invented by Al Gore. :lol:

No freakin kidding! Calling in lineups was the worst!

Ozey74
09-04-2008, 11:35 AM
Being a commish back then would of SUCKED!!

Djfan
09-04-2008, 12:24 PM
All the comish's of all the FFLs out there owe Al Gore a big debt of gratitude.

Iron Shiek
09-04-2008, 01:03 PM
Being a commish back then would of SUCKED!!

It did! Especially when the Monday night game box score didn't make the paper the next day because it was so late.

OTOH, it was kinda neat to get all the box scores on one page in the paper and siphon through it all looking for someone that performed under the radar.

But I'd like to formally thank Al Gore and go on the record with it. Thank you.

BigBen2112
09-04-2008, 02:05 PM

Noone would miss your dumba$$
:wink: :lol: :lol:

Les 74
09-04-2008, 02:13 PM

Whereas I was gone for almost a month and no one notices. :?

BigBen2112
09-04-2008, 02:15 PM

I noticed...............wait I wasnt here either. That was like a trick! :lol:

Les 74
09-04-2008, 02:16 PM

You weren't here???Didn't notice. :lol:

Djfan
09-04-2008, 02:19 PM

Are you new to this board? Never heard of you.

BigBen2112
09-04-2008, 02:22 PM
[quote=ShawnMedGuy]D misses a couple days posting...and it's noticed and missed. Call me sentimental but that is kinda cool.

You weren't here???Didn't notice. :lol:[/quote:1l1xn2bq]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :moon

Les 74
09-04-2008, 02:22 PM

Are you new to this board? Never heard of you.

Yes,I'm new here.Is this the place where all Steelers fans go to whine??? :lol:

costanza2k1
09-04-2008, 02:30 PM

I noticed...sent some PMs and found out you were busy on another board get stuff started and with work or something...glad your back, I like the one liners.

Jigawatts
09-04-2008, 02:40 PM

I noticed...sent some PMs and found out you were busy on another board get stuff started and with work or something...glad your back, I like the one liners.

Yeah, :wft . Ruthless has been carrying the load around here in your absence, and
basically, this place has sucked.

:P

RuthlessBurgher
09-04-2008, 02:48 PM

Yeah, :wft . Ruthless has been carrying the load around here in your absence, and

That RuthlessBurgher always leaves a trail of suckiness in his wake.

Or maybe it was Jom that brought that good ol' Cincinnattica suckiness with him.

One or the other. :Hater :lol:

Jigawatts
09-04-2008, 02:52 PM

Or maybe it was Jom that brought that good ol' Cincinnattica suckiness with him.

Maybe you need to work on your personality.

I recommend drinking heavily. :D

RuthlessBurgher
09-04-2008, 02:59 PM

Maybe you need to work on your personality.

I recommend drinking heavily. :D

If these are the kind of posts that you get from me when I am completely sober, don't you fear for your own sanity if you read what I had to write while under the influence of any kind of mind-altering substance? :Beer :Cheers

Les 74
09-04-2008, 08:17 PM

Thanks,brother!!!!I was only messing around though.I'm waaaaaaaaaaaay too important a person to worry about how "boardies" feel about me!!!!

:P :lol: :lol:

MeetJoeGreene
09-04-2008, 08:20 PM

Along with the ever-popular PA towns of Intercourse and Bird-in-Hand.

Les 74
09-04-2008, 08:24 PM

Along with the ever-popular PA towns of Intercourse and Bird-in-Hand.

And here I thought I was the only person that got a chuckle out of those names. :lol:

buckeyehoppy
09-04-2008, 08:45 PM
I just thought you were busy taunting Packer fans.

He Was!!!

:tt1 :tt2 :stirpot

buckeyehoppy
09-04-2008, 08:55 PM

Sheboygan may be one of the great town names, but Manitowoc and Oshkosh have that one beat.

D, my fondest memory of ever being in Wisc. is when my cousin was married there. It was my 16th birthday and I drank my first legal beer at the reception in Port Washington. That was in the days when the drinking laws were determined by the state and they actually felt that parents had enough sense to monitor what their offspring were doing.

Wisconsin is great! :wink:

stlrz d
09-04-2008, 09:32 PM

Sheboygan may be one of the great town names, but Manitowoc and Oshkosh have that one beat.

D, my fondest memory of ever being in Wisc. is when my cousin was married there. It was my 16th birthday and I drank my first legal beer at the reception in Port Washington. That was in the days when the drinking laws were determined by the state and they actually felt that parents had enough sense to monitor what their offspring were doing.

This thread is full of win! :lol:

I lived in Sheboygan for 13 long years. The best thing about it was that it is only an hour north of Milwaukee...a pretty easy drive for going to concerts and Summerfest (http://www.summerfest.com/flash/)!

Manitowoc is just a short drive north of Sheboygan. Oshkosh is a decent drive northwest. Never cared much for either of them really. I worked in Oshkosh for about 8 months until I got sick of the 60-some mile one way daily commute. And there was no way I was moving to that town. Oshkosh is basically Sheboygan with a college. Manitowoc is Sheboygan with dirt track racing. :P

Port Washington...the home of Fish Day! I once saw the Romantics there! Ok, it was awful and I wasn't there for that...I was there for the drunk 30 somethings trying to re-live their collective youths by seeing a very marginally talented band and drinking many beers. Unfortunately, their mulleted boyfriends all showed up too. :HeadBanger

Shawn
09-04-2008, 10:30 PM

Noone would miss your dumba$$
:wink: :lol: :lol:

That is painfully obvious. :D

Djfan
09-06-2008, 12:22 AM
[quote="stlrz d":2muwz5et]Yesterday was a busy day. I usually come home from work for lunch and sometimes will have time to get on here. We had a work FF draft so my lunch was spent there. Then I had to drive down to Sheboygan (60 miles one way) for another draft. Didn't get home last night until about 11:30.

This thread is full of win! :lol:

I lived in Sheboygan for 13 long years. The best thing about it was that it is only an hour north of Milwaukee...a pretty easy drive for going to concerts and Summerfest (http://www.summerfest.com/flash/)!

Manitowoc is just a short drive north of Sheboygan. Oshkosh is a decent drive northwest. Never cared much for either of them really. I worked in Oshkosh for about 8 months until I got sick of the 60-some mile one way daily commute. And there was no way I was moving to that town. Oshkosh is basically Sheboygan with a college. Manitowoc is Sheboygan with dirt track racing. :P

Port Washington...the home of Fish Day! I once saw the Romantics there! Ok, it was awful and I wasn't there for that...I was there for the drunk 30 somethings trying to re-live their collective youths by seeing a very marginally talented band and drinking many beers. Unfortunately, their mulleted boyfriends all showed up too. :HeadBanger[/quote:2muwz5et]

I hear ya D!

Trouble is now-a-days its bingo and a bowling league. And the boyfriends are all bald with beer guts, just like the girls!