PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu, Foote ready to play

fordfixer
09-04-2008, 12:12 AM
Polamalu, Foote ready to play
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, September 4, 2008
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 86352.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_586352.html)

Strong safety Troy Polamalu and inside linebacker Larry Foote each said after practice Wednesday that they feel good physically heading into the regular-season opener against the Houston Texans. Foote hurt his knee Aug. 23 at Minnesota and he practiced Monday for the first time since the injury. Foote said his knee felt fine Tuesday after practice yesterday. "I'm ready to go," said Foote, who is expected to start at right inside linebacker Sunday.

Outside linebacker James Harrison was limited in practice because of coach Mike Tomlin's decision to rest him. Texans linebacker Xavier Adibi (ankle) did not practice yesterday. Offensive tackles Ephraim Salaam (knee) and Rashad Butler (shoulder) were limited. Defensive end Earl Cochran (back) returned to practice yesterday for Houston and participated fully.

Super Bowl or bust? That appears to be the way the youngest quarterback to win a Super Bowl is approaching the season. "We're young enough and experienced enough," Ben Roethlisberger said of the Steelers making it back to the Super Bowl. "I set my goals so high."

Wide receiver Hines Ward had a little extra bounce in his step when he reported to work at the Steelers' South Side facility. "It's like the first day of school," the 11th-year veteran said. "I was excited to come to practice, get the game plan and start running against the look-team defense."

Digits

22 -- Sacks allowed by the Texans last season.

47 -- Sacks allowed by the Steelers last season.

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

Oviedo
09-04-2008, 07:41 AM
Dear Coach LeBeau,

I am writing this to request that you please do not break our All Pro SS, Mr. Troy Polamalu. I am strongly requesting that you ley Troy use his speed in the open field to make plays and not have him wrestle 300lb+ offensive linemen. Please note that for all the kamikaze blitzes into the middle of the offensive line last year Troy did not have a single sack. He did however get injured and we lost him for critical games in the season; please see the tackle that Mr. Tyrone Carter missed in the play offs.

In summary, I would rather see Troy have 5 interceptions than I would like to see him have 5 sacks. Please allow Misters Woodley, Harrison and Timmons worry about sacks and let Troy play defensive back. Any help you could provide in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Oviedo and Steeler Fans everywhere