PDA

View Full Version : Report - Brady reovering from BROKEN foot

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-03-2008, 05:41 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/200 ... oken-bone/ (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2008/09/report-brady-has-broken-bone/)

Too bad we don't play them* earlier in the year.

By Matt Bowen
Posted September 3, 2008 Email to a Friend Print This Report: Brady Has Broken Bone
What a surprise. The secretive injury to Tom Brady in New England is worse than the Patriots were revealing. I can’t say we couldn’t see this coming, especially when Brady missed the entire preseason. According to theredzone.org, Brady has a broken bone is his foot– not the bone bruise talk with which the Pats were brainwashing us and their fans. The reports say Brady is going to play, which isn’t a surprise, but I have to think that a cracked bone will affect his play. Quarterback or not, every player needs to be at his best to perform in this league.

Trust me, I’ve been one of those guys with a “bone bruise.” During my last season in the NFL, I took a leg whip to the lower leg from a Carolina Panther offensive lineman (shocking, I know), and the result was a golf ball sized “bruise” protruding from my leg. X-Rays of the injury showed no clean break, yet as I tried to practice the following week, and the week after that, and so on, the pain in my leg became unbearable. Almost as if someone was sticking one of those turkey carving knives into my leg. In an instance like mine, there was no other solution than to get a CT scan to see if there were any cracks. And wouldn’t you know it– right there in my leg was a crack, a small one, but a crack nonetheless. Call me soft, call me whatever you want, but that crack in my leg prevented me from doing my job, and eventually led to me losing my starting job as a Buffalo Bill. Anything that happens to a bone in your lower body is bad news, because once you lose the ability to run and move, you are useless to the team.

For Brady, we may not ever know the exact diagnosis, but he will be on the injury report with something real this time (different than the shoulder he is listed with every week). Is this going to create an issue? I can’t tell you that, but I would pay close attention to his play this weekend. If his balls are sailing, or falling short, the foot is obviously affecting his ability to play quarterback. One thing that makes Brady so good is his feet. He isn’t a runner, or a scrambler for that matter, but watch game film from when he was healthy. He moves his feet with precision in the pocket, allowing him to side step oncoming pass rushers and deliver near perfect passes. If I am a Patriots fan, I might be a little worried. With an already suspect and aging offensive line, how many hits can Brady take? Add in the fact that he is going to be playing with an injury, and we might see a different offense until Brady’s injury is completely healed.

If I am playing the Patriots this weekend, which the Chiefs are, I am dialing up every blitz I have in my arsenal in the first quarter. Opposing coaches love it when a guy is playing hurt (and they know about it). They will do everything in their power to test the injury, see if Brady is healthy enough to play, and then back off into their original game plan if he shows the ability to plant and throw the football.

If not, it is going to be blitz city this weekend, and every Sunday after that– until Brady shows he is ready to play. But, that remains to be seen. We won’t know exactly how serious this issue is until kick-off, because the Patriots wouldn’t have it any other way.

Oviedo
09-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Wow--I wonder if a big defensive lineman might "accidentally" step on his foot during the season :wink:

Maybe a couple of them.

RuthlessBurgher
09-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Wow--I wonder if a big defensive lineman might "accidentally" step on his foot during the season :wink:

Maybe a couple of them.

Perhaps a cleat-footed Donte Stallworth could challenge a bare-footed Tom Brady to a foot race? :lol:

Ozey74
09-03-2008, 08:39 PM
By foot, do they mean vagina?

RuthlessBurgher
09-03-2008, 08:49 PM

No way. Tom Moynihan-Bundchen always wears protection "down there." :lol:

mshifko
09-03-2008, 08:54 PM
the downfall begins... :tt2

Shawn
09-03-2008, 09:09 PM

I think the Pats end is near.

SteelTorch
09-03-2008, 09:16 PM

I hope your right, but though I would love to see it happen, I doubt it. Call me crazy, but despite this, I don't see them doing a nose-dive this year, especially with their schedule.

Shawn
09-03-2008, 10:01 PM

I hope your right, but though I would love to see it happen, I doubt it. Call me crazy, but despite this, I don't see them doing a nose-dive this year, especially with their schedule.

Yeah...it's likely wishful thinking...but I do wonder how much longer Brady and Moss can keep it together. The Pats without Brady=very average.

LasVegasGuy
09-03-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm not buying any of this. Chaulk it up to more "Patriotisms". If they aren't lying about one thing they are lying about another. Brady is fine and I wouldn't be surprised if this is all an act.

RuthlessBurgher
09-03-2008, 10:23 PM

Yeah...it's likely wishful thinking...but I do wonder how much longer Brady and Moss can keep it together. The Pats without Brady=very average.

The Pats without Brady=third place in their division. Moss without a quality QB=mailing in the season (see: Raiders, Oakland). With Cassell under center and an aging defense, I don't see them keeping up with the Bills or Jets. Maybe they even split with Chad Pennington and the otherwise rebuilding Fish.

Djfan
09-04-2008, 01:27 AM
I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, want to see someone step on that bone and send him into retirement.

I hope that's not a bad thing to think.

kennyes
09-04-2008, 02:22 AM

:lol:

frankthetank1
09-04-2008, 08:03 AM
I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, want to see someone step on that bone and send him into retirement.

I hope that's not a bad thing to think.

me too, that would make me so happy. there hasnt been too many athletes that i have hated more

frankthetank1
09-04-2008, 08:05 AM
he hurt his foot last season in the playoffs, so is this a reacurring injury or a new one? hopefully its an injury that will never fully go away. man i feel bad for wishing that :lol:

Ozey74
09-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Wasn't he spotted walking around in a boot while in NY visiting his woman during the playoffs last year?

I remember thinking at the time that the boot was for show and there was noting wrong with his foot.

It was Belicheck and Brady's way of doing this -------> :stirpot

proudpittsburgher
09-04-2008, 08:43 AM
I'm not buying any of this. Chaulk it up to more "Patriotisms". If they aren't lying about one thing they are lying about another. Brady is fine and I wouldn't be surprised if this is all an act.

:nono Neither am I LVG. :Agree Honestly, when I heard about this and he would miss all of training camp and the prerseason, the first thing I thought of was that Peyton Manning, who decided on surgery very late in the offseason (very convienient) was missing the preseason too, and Brady thinking "If Peyton isn't going through the preseason, I'm not either."

ikestops85
09-04-2008, 12:19 PM
I hope, if he has an injury, that it is fully healed by the time we play them. Then I hope Woodley and Harrison plant him like last years Christmas tree. :lol: