PDA

View Full Version : Golic picks Steelers v. Cowboys in Super Bowl

Iron Shiek
09-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Not that what he or anyone says means anything now, it was just interesting that he is the only media person I think that I have heard pick the Steelers to get to the Super Bowl. I am only half listening, so I don't know who or if he's picked who will win, but I think he is sweatin' the Cowgirls, so that probably was his pick.

FWIW, Greeney picked Jags v. Vikings...which would be the ultimate letdown and worst SuperBowl in history. No way the Vikings make it...they will fall on their face I think. I don't care how good their D is, too much expectations being placed on their one sided offense. They won't pull a Ravens...8-8 for the Vikings, cue the loser music on The Price is Right, you'll go home with a lovely parting gift.

SteelerNation1
09-03-2008, 11:07 AM
I'd love to eventually see the Steelers play either the Boys or 9ers for the right to get the 6th ring.

Oviedo
09-03-2008, 11:12 AM
I think the Steelers have a better chance than the Cowboys being there. There is a lot of hype around the Cowboys and I think they will fail to live up to the hype. They aren't as good as the media wants them to be.

I will predict the Super Bowl being: Steelers versus Saints

I think the Saints will surprise lots of people this year.

Iron Shiek
09-03-2008, 11:37 AM
I think the Steelers have a better chance than the Cowboys being there. There is a lot of hype around the Cowboys and I think they will fail to live up to the hype. They aren't as good as the media wants them to be.

I will predict the Super Bowl being: Steelers versus Saints

I think the Saints will surprise lots of people this year.

Yeah everyone is sweating the Cowboys...and Vikings to some extent. Have either one of them won a playoff game recently. I can't pick them. It will be some team that nobody is talking about like (gulp) the Packers, if Rodgers can just do a decent job that team is pretty well put together. I like the Saints too, their secondary is suspect though. No love for the Eagles from anyone. Tough division but everyone forgets how dam good McNabb is when healthy, and their defense is stout with an amazing secondary. Eagles are my sleeper.

BigBen2112
09-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Maybe if we sign another TE we'll have a better chance.

Iron Shiek
09-03-2008, 12:02 PM

Keep your TE signing bashing in the other thread!!! :lol:

BigBen2112
09-03-2008, 12:12 PM

Keep your TE signing bashing in the other thread!!! :lol:

Sorry, but I just heard that another RB became available...I think we're short on those too. :lol: :x

kennyes
09-03-2008, 02:48 PM
I'd love to eventually see the Steelers play either the Boys or 9ers for the right to get the 6th ring.

My wish would be to see the Steelers beat the Vikings this year and then Dallas next year and so on...Yunz get my drift!

:Steel

AkronSteel
09-03-2008, 02:55 PM

My wish would be to see the Steelers beat the Vikings this year and then Dallas next year and so on...Yunz get my drift!

:Steel

I take that with the Rams and Seahawks after that!!!

:tt1

Oviedo
09-03-2008, 03:26 PM

BB--Dude, prescribe yourself a valium or something. Your posts are starting to sound like Nutsack and his gang have taken over your brain.

McHugh will be active on Sunday. Any OL or DL we would have signed would not be.

AngryAsian
09-03-2008, 08:11 PM
How great would that be: BOYS and STEELMEN..... we have some payback for SB XXX. We still are up in the SB series 2 to 1 but that one really bugged me. Nothing would be more great than to see this match up. I can't even fathom the hype that would be surrounded if this were to come to fruition.

BigBen2112
09-03-2008, 08:37 PM

BB--Dude, prescribe yourself a valium or something. Your posts are starting to sound like Nutsack and his gang have taken over your brain.

McHugh will be active on Sunday. Any OL or DL we would have signed would not be.

Dude chill out. I was having some fun.

And if we did what we should do and got rid of Eason and signed another DL/OL people would be active.

But that's irrelevant.

I just cant stand people always 100% supporting the FO. I 100% always support my steelers, but that doesn't mean I have to agree/support the FO all the time.

I am FAR from nutzack...and the fact that you say that kinda rubs me the wrong way. But w/e

RuthlessBurgher
09-03-2008, 08:53 PM

And if we did what we should do and got rid of Eason and signed another DL/OL people would be active.

But that's irrelevant.

I just cant stand people always 100% supporting the FO. I 100% always support my steelers, but that doesn't mean I have to agree/support the FO all the time.

I am FAR from nutzack...and the fact that you say that kinda rubs me the wrong way. But w/e

He hasn't been infected by the Nutsack. He just has sarcoidosis or Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease or Charcot-Marie-Tooth syndrome or whatever other disease that House put on his differential diagnosis board this week. :lol:

buckeyehoppy
09-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Relax everybody! We're all Steelers fans and this is the toy department of life, so we can keep things in perspective.

Golic's pick only mirrors my own. I see no reason that the Steelers can't be in the SB since the AFC is pretty well matched anyway. The South and North are the best balanced and most competitive divisions. The South, team for team, is probably stronger. But that doesn't necessarily mean a thing. It could add up to the winner surviving a meatgrinder. So we'll see how well the individual teams do. But I don't see where any of the teams in the South are decidedly better than the Steelers.

The Cowqueens are probably as set as any team in the NFC to give it a go. I know that they haven't won dookie with Romo at QB. But the NFC is the weaker conference between the two, so the fact that the Queens haven't done squat shouldn't make a real difference. Perhaps the Saints or Panthers can mount a challenge. But the winner of the NFC should come from the East and the Cowqueens are a leg up on the rest of the competition in their division.

And you take a look at the two and the personnel is pretty much the same as last year on both teams. The continuity should help both teams as the playoffs progress.

Besides all the measurables, it will be a pleasure to watch the Steelers beat the Cowqueens and assume the lead in the SB derby.

mshifko
09-03-2008, 09:03 PM
i kind of like to fly under the radar until december, but oh well...i respect golic's opinion

with our schedule, we're going to be a football team that is conditioned for battle so we will see

BigBen2112
09-03-2008, 10:32 PM

But that's irrelevant.

He hasn't been infected by the Nutsack. He just has sarcoidosis or Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease or Charcot-Marie-Tooth syndrome or whatever other disease that House put on his differential diagnosis board this week. :lol:

Im much more interested in the rare histiocytosises than any of the above.