PDA

View Full Version : Steelers strongest in division

fordfixer
09-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Steelers strongest in division

By Guy Junker
FOR THE TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, September 1, 2008
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 85846.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_585846.html)

Steelers fans may still be worried about myriad possible weaknesses as the team gets ready for the regular season to begin again. And why not? Mike Tomlin is worried too. Depth is a concern for all NFL teams in this era of free agents and salary caps. But while the preseason may have left some questions, it also may have proven them the best team in the division again.

Preseason wins and loses aren't important, but did anyone notice that the Cleveland Browns didn't win a game? You know, the Browns team with the same record as the Steelers last year but the team with the fragile little brother mentality that has them wondering if they can ever beat their older brother at anything? Did anyone notice that the other three teams in the division suffered more injuries to more important players than the Steelers? Cincinnati was so desperate they rehired some of their previous criminals to fill the void. It's a long season and the Steelers could lose some irreplaceable parts and fail miserably as a result. But for my money right now, they will win the division again. They might only win nine games to do it, maybe even eight, but that could be enough to finish first in this group.

As for that schedule, the rest of the division has just about as tough a time as the Steelers with less talent.

Jom112
09-02-2008, 12:42 AM
This guy sounds like a tool, it's a good thing you stopped copy pasting the article there. The rest of it doesn't get any better:

" If Francisco Rodriguez played in Boston or New York he would be a household name. Instead, he pitches in relative obscurity on the west coast for the Angels. Los Angeles is a huge market but the time difference rarely allows his heroics to make Sports Center or the box scores in eastern papers. How many people know that much about K-Rod?

Who here doesn't know who K-Rod is?

fordfixer
09-02-2008, 12:53 AM
This guy sounds like a tool, it's a good thing you stopped copy pasting the article there. The rest of it doesn't get any better:

" If Francisco Rodriguez played in Boston or New York he would be a household name. Instead, he pitches in relative obscurity on the west coast for the Angels. Los Angeles is a huge market but the time difference rarely allows his heroics to make Sports Center or the box scores in eastern papers. How many people know that much about K-Rod?

Hey I'm a Rockie's fan what do I know about baseball? :lol:

Shawn
09-02-2008, 02:14 AM
The only team with a shot at the Steelers is the Browns. The Bengals and Ravens are just bad. The Browns are not ready. The Steelers are a better team. I think the tough schedule will just serve to get us ready for the playoffs.

BIG FAN
09-02-2008, 02:30 AM
Without a doubt, we are the premier team of the North.

AkronSteel
09-02-2008, 09:10 AM

Who the heck is K-Rod? :lol:

Junker is a tool, always has been! I can't stand to listen to him. When he and Savran were on Sportsbeat together I couldn't even watch!

AkronSteel
09-02-2008, 10:03 AM

Who the heck is K-Rod? :lol:

Junker is a tool, always has been! I can't stand listening to him. When he and Savran were on Sportsbeat together I couldn't even watch!

proudpittsburgher
09-02-2008, 10:11 AM
I dunno, I am in three fantasy baseball leagues, so I know the players, but I bet if you walked up to 10 guys on the street outside of PNC Park and asked them to name three closers in baseball, only handful of them would name krod. As far as Junker goes, for us transplanted pittsburghers who only get the chance to download Junker and Crow, or Mark Madden to keep up with Pittsburgh Sports, I'll take Guy.