PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben now Steelers Co-Captian

Ozey74
09-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Big Ben now a Steelers' co-captain
ADVERTISEMENT

By Mike Bires, Times Sports Staff
Published: Monday, September 1, 2008 4:08 PM EDT

PITTSBURGH ? For the first time in his five-year pro career, Ben Roethlisberger is a Steelersí co-captain.

After a team vote Monday, Roethlisberger joined veteran wide receiver Hines Ward as one of two offensive team captains.

Ward, the Steelersí all-time leading receiver, was the teamís only offensive captain last year. In 2005-06, he was an offensive co-captain along with guard Alan Faneca, who now plays for the New York Jets.

Inside linebacker James Farrior was named the teamís defensive captain for the second straight year. From 2004-06, Farrior served as defensive co-captain with linebacker Joey Porter, who now plays for the Miami Dolphins.

Kicker Jeff Reed was voted the teamís special teams captain for the first time in his career.

Mel Blount's G
09-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Kicker Jeff Reed was voted the teamís special teams captain for the first time in his career.
Oh my, that's gonna call for Skippy to pound back a few Jšger shots :Beer

Ozey74
09-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Oh my, that's gonna call for Skippy to pound back a few Jšger shots :Beer

I'll be looking foward to viewing these photo's on the internet later this week.

:lol:

rpmpit
09-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Congrats to Ben and Jeff!!! A well deserved honor for both!

kennyes
09-02-2008, 02:02 AM
Skippy for president!!!

:Beer