PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Cut to Watch - Tomlin Related

Steel Life
08-31-2008, 10:45 PM
From Pro Football Talk...

"49ERS CLAIM AHMAD BROOKS
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 31, 2008, 9:07 p.m.

Linebacker Ahmad Brooks was waived by the Cincinnati Bengals today, but he wasn’t unemployed for long. Brooks was claimed by the San Francisco 49ers today.

The Press Democrat reports that the 49ers thought highly enough of Brooks when he entered the 2006 supplemental draft that they were willing to spend a fourth-round draft pick to acquire him. The Bengals ended up taking him with a third-round pick.

To make room for Brooks on the 53-man roster, the 49ers released linebacker Dontarrious Thomas, whom they signed to a free-agent contract with a $400,000 signing bonus in March."

Thomas played for Tomlin in Minnesota & was pretty productive, with the injuries to Harrison & Humpal this could be a good veteran pick-up.

Les 74
09-01-2008, 08:13 AM
Thomas played for Tomlin in Minnesota & was pretty productive, with the injuries to Harrison & Humpal this could be a good veteran pick-up.

Possibly,but how good can he be if.........

1.He was cut by the 49ers.

2.He was cut for a guy that was cut by the Bungles. :shock:

BigBen2112
09-01-2008, 08:40 AM
[quote="Steel Life":2fpiouf7]

2.He was cut for a guy that was cut by the Bungles. :shock:[/quote:2fpiouf7]

Ahmad Brooks was damn good in college. :lol:

Les 74
09-01-2008, 08:41 AM
[quote="Steel Life":11eu86vf]

Ahmad Brooks was damn good in college. :lol:[/quote:11eu86vf]

So was DVSONE!!!!!Oh,no.I didn't just go there,did I??? :lol: :lol:

BigBen2112
09-01-2008, 09:03 AM
[quote="Les 74":10catd98][quote="Steel Life":10catd98]

Ahmad Brooks was damn good in college. :lol:[/quote:10catd98]

So was DVSONE!!!!!Oh,no.I didn't just go there,did I??? :lol: :lol:[/quote:10catd98]

The Reds are going to win the World Series next year too.

Les 74
09-01-2008, 09:06 AM
[quote="Les 74":3nsbrihq][quote="Steel Life":3nsbrihq]

So was DVSONE!!!!!Oh,no.I didn't just go there,did I??? :lol: :lol:[/quote:3nsbrihq]

The Reds are going to win the World Series next year too.[/quote:3nsbrihq]

And FWP should be traded.......

ikestops85
09-02-2008, 10:15 AM
[quote="Steel Life":360skgrj]

Ahmad Brooks was damn good in college. :lol:[/quote:360skgrj]

Brooks played HS ball right around the corner from where I live. I got to see him play many times and knew many of his teammates. Word is while he was a great player he was dumb as a box of rocks. It's one of those great mysteries of life how he got into UVA. Oh, what am I saying ... he is a football player. That's how he got into UVA. That's also how he got kicked out of UVA. :D

proudpittsburgher
09-02-2008, 10:32 AM
[quote="Steel Life":2gzl2d8v]

Brooks played HS ball right around the corner from where I live. I got to see him play many times and knew many of his teammates. Word is while he was a great player he was dumb as a box of rocks. It's one of those great mysteries of life how he got into UVA. Oh, what am I saying ... he is a football player. That's how he got into UVA. That's also how he got kicked out of UVA. :D[/quote:2gzl2d8v]

Ike, there were a couple of spittakes in that one post alone. :lol: