PDA

View Full Version : Who's doing the Unnoficial game thread for Texans game?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
08-31-2008, 12:08 PM
It's time for some football!

I PM'd Rickt011 on the other board a while back, and he showed up here for a bit, then went back. I just PM'd him again and asked him to run the play-by-play game thread here next week. He does an awesome job, I hope he does it here this year!

Maybe you guys might want to show him the love and PM him as well. I would step up and try to do the play-by-play, but I know my limitations - I filled in for about 15 minutes last year while he was away, and it was a shambles ... TOO HARD!! ... he's got a real talent at doing that.

First test of the new board coming up ... at least we know it won't be as bad as the other board was, it crashed so often during periods of high activity it was pathetic.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-01-2008, 07:28 PM
I got a PM back from rickt011, he sez he'll host the unnoficial game thread here next week :D For those of us on this board not from the other board, he does a very nice job of describing the action on the field while the rest of us emote excessively :Cheers :Blah :tt1 :tt2

As others on this board have said before, it would be nice if he came on over.

NKySteeler
09-01-2008, 07:40 PM
I had PMd him as well SA.... He is the man and the master of the gameday thread, and it would be nice to have him doing it here.... If for whatever reason it doesn't materialize, I'll step in and do one, as in some of the pre-season games.... But I also prefer Rick.... :wink:

rpmpit
09-01-2008, 07:44 PM
I got a PM back from rickt011, he sez he'll host the unnoficial game thread here next week :D For those of us on this board not from the other board, he does a very nice job of describing the action on the field while the rest of us emote excessively :Cheers :Blah :tt1 :tt2

As others on this board have said before, it would be nice if he came on over.

Nice work. Thanks!!

AkronSteel
09-01-2008, 08:52 PM
I can't get into the game threads!!! I get too excited. I'm afraid I will break my laptop!!! :lol:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-01-2008, 09:56 PM
I had PMd him as well SA.... He is the man and the master of the gameday thread, and it would be nice to have him doing it here.... If for whatever reason it doesn't materialize, I'll step in and do one, as in some of the pre-season games.... But I also prefer Rick.... :wink:

As always, you da man, NKy :tt2 :tt1

Shawn
09-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Yep...I spoke to rick about a week ago and he agreed to give the Planet a try. I hope he liked it. I really enjoy his game threads...good stuff.