PDA

View Full Version : CUT WATCH - Players of interest thread.

Steel Life
08-30-2008, 10:12 AM
To keep up with the cut-news of the day, I thought we should open a thread about cut players who you think might be of some interest to the team, or share thoughts on ours. So list the player, the position he plays & where you think he might help.

RYAN MOATS (RB) - KR/PR
Never was really suited to the Eagles offense & injuries have been an issue, but like Willie Reid - was once electric with the ball in his hands. Could he be like Jones-Drew on Special Teams?

MIKE HASS (WR) - WR/PR
One of college football's best WRs when he came out, he hasn't been able to stick with the Bears & that may be because of the QBs more so than the WRs (David Ball had the same problem). Question is, is he better than our 5th, whoever that is?

SteelerNation1
08-30-2008, 11:03 AM
RYAN MOATS (RB) - KR/PR
Never was really suited to the Eagles offense & injuries have been an issue, but like Willie Reid - was once electric with the ball in his hands. Could he be like Jones-Drew on Special Teams?
Nice thread idea. Moats played well against the Steelers a few preseasons ago IIRC. Our backfield is so crowded as it is though. Especially with our new feature back...Carey Davis! :lol:

blacknblue80s
08-30-2008, 11:31 AM
Great idea.

Stanley McClover DT Carolina
They will cut this guy where as 90% of the NFL would probably start him IMO, Carolina just has a great d-line. If he can play 3-4 DE we could use him in our rotation.

Eddie Spaghetti
08-30-2008, 01:43 PM
i would definitely keep an eye on carolinas DL cuts.

Les 74
08-30-2008, 01:46 PM
RYAN MOATS (RB) - KR/PR
Nice thread idea. Moats played well against the Steelers a few preseasons ago IIRC. Our backfield is so crowded as it is though. Especially with our new feature back...Carey Davis! :lol:

Agreed on Moats,SN.He is a very underrated player,but our backfield is crowded enough as it is.

Eddie Spaghetti
08-30-2008, 01:50 PM
[quote="Steel Life":225mwuyr]
RYAN MOATS (RB) - KR/PR

Agreed on Moats,SN.He is a very underrated player,but our backfield is crowded enough as it is.[/quote:225mwuyr]

very nsightful post, harry. keep it up.

Les 74
08-30-2008, 02:04 PM
[quote=SteelerNation1][quote="Steel Life":2p8mxv33]
RYAN MOATS (RB) - KR/PR

Agreed on Moats,SN.He is a very underrated player,but our backfield is crowded enough as it is.[/quote:2p8mxv33]

very nsightful post, harry. keep it up.[/quote:2p8mxv33]

Repeat after me........."Spelling is my friend."

Eddie Spaghetti
08-30-2008, 02:08 PM
will this affect my grade professor?

get a grip.

it's a messageboard les.

Les 74
08-30-2008, 02:10 PM
will this affect my grade professor?

get a grip.

it's a messageboard les.

Yes,it will and you get an F

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ozey74
08-30-2008, 05:26 PM
There is a program tonight on the NFLN from 8-10 EST about the roster cuts from around the NFL.

MeetJoeGreene
08-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Here is a pretty big list from ESPN Transactions page... just raw material

Arizona Cardinals Waived cornerbacks Michael Adams, Travarous Bain and Demario Minter, defensive ends Jason Banks and Joe Tafoya, defensive tackle Keilen Dykes, running backs Steve Baylark and Chris Vincent, tackles Kelly Butler and Peter Clifford, guards Jasper Harvey and Carlton Medder, center Pat Ross, linebackers Chris Harrington, Brandon Moore and Matt Stewart, safety Dennis Keyes, tight ends Brent Miller and Alex
Shor, wide receivers Lance Long and Jamaica Rector and quarterback Anthony Morelli; added linebacker Eduardo Castaneda to the practice squad.

Atlanta Falcons Placed running back Thomas Brown on injured reserve; waived offensive linemen D'Anthony Batiste, Michael Butterworth, Kynan Forney and Terrance Pennington, safeties Eric Brock, Deke Cooper and Daren Stone, center Doug Datish, defensive ends Willie Evans and Brandon Miller, quarterback Joey Harrington, cornerbacks Wilrey Fontenot and Glenn Sharpe, defensive tackles Rashad Moore and Montavious Stanley, linebackers Mickey Pimentel and Cameron Vaughn, tight ends Marcus Pollard and Keith Zinger and wide receivers Eric Weems and Chandler Williams.

Baltimore Ravens Waived tight ends Adam Bergen and Keith Heinrich, quarterback Casey Bramlett, defensive linemen Darrell Campbell and Lorenzo Williams, defensive tackle Amon Gordon, wide receivers Patrick Carter, Justin Harper, Ernie Wheelwright and Matt Willis, guard Adrien Clarke and Adam Kraus, tackles Joe Reitz and Chad Slaughter, running backs Alex Haynes and Allen Patrick, linebackers Gary Stills and Robert McCune and cornerback Ronnie Prude; placed cornerback David Pittman and running back Cory Ross on injured reserve.

Buffalo Bills Released tight ends Courtney Anderson and Tim Massaquoi, linebackers Jon Banks, Marcus Buggs, Blake Costanzo and Donnie Spragan, offensive linemen Dustin Dickinson, Patrick Estes, Robert Felton, Christian Gaddis and Nevin McCaskill, fullback Jonathan Evans, cornerbacks Dustin Fox and Will James, running backs Bruce Hall and Dwayne Wright, wide receivers Felton Huggins and Scott Mayle and defensive linemen Jason Jefferson, Derrick Jones, Corey Mace and Teraz McCray.

Cleveland Browns Waived tight ends Brad Cieslak and Kolomona Kapanui, defensive backs A.J. Davis, Jereme Perry, Travis Key and Brandon Mitchell, wide receivers Efrem Hill, Lance Leggett, Steve Sanders and Travis Wilson, offensive linemen Derrick Morse, Marvin Philip, James Lee and Jonathan Palmer, linebackers Shantee Orr, David McMillan and Chase Ortiz, defensive linemen Chase Pittman and Melila Purcel, running back Travis Thomas and kicker Jason Reda; placed offensive lineman Lennie Friedman on injured reserve.

Dallas Cowboys Placed guard Larry Allen on the retired list; released wide receivers Danny Amendola, Mark Bradford, Mike Jefferson and Todd Lowber, tight ends Drew Atchison and Rodney Hannah, nose tackles Remi Ayodele and Junior Siavii, quarterback Richard Bartel, running backs Alonzo Coleman and Keon Lattimore, fullback Julius Crosslin, safety Dowayne Davis, defensive ends Marcus Dixon and Marcus Smith, linebackers Tearrius George, Darrell Robertson, Tyson Smith and Erik Walden and tackles Ryan Gibbons and Cory Lekkerkerker.

Denver Broncos Placed running back Anthony Alridge and fullback Cecil Sapp on injured reserve; waived tight ends Brett Pierce and Chad Mustard, guard P.J. Alexander, Mitch Erickson and Dylan Gandy, safeties Josh Barrett and Vickiel Vaughn, linebacker Jordan Beck, defensive ends Larry Birdine and Paul Carrington, cornerbacks Wale Dada and Tyrone Poole, quarterback Darrell Hackney, defensive tackle Steven Harris, wide receivers Glenn Martinez, Marquay McDaniel and Clifford Russell and punter Sam Paulescu.

Green Bay Packers Placed defensive tackle Rodney Allen, center Junius Coston and long snapper J.J. Jansen on injured reserve; released wide receivers Jake Allen, Johnny Quinn, Taj Smith and Brett Swain, cornerbacks Scorpio Babers and Joe Porter, defensive tackles Conrad Bolston, Alfred Malone and Daniel Muir, center Brennen Carvalho, safety Tyrone Culver, linebackers Spencer Havner and Danny Lansanah, tight end Joey Haynos, running backs Noah Herron and Vernand Morency, guard Ryan Keenan, tackle Orrin Thompson and fullback Corey White.

Houston Texans Placed running back Chris Brown on injured reserve.

Kansas City Chiefs Placed tight end Michael Merritt on the non-football injury list; released tackles Anthony Alabi and Will Svitek, tight end Michael Allan, wide receivers Jabari Arthur, Sergiori Joachim, Kevin McMahan and Bobby Sippio, cornerback Rashad Barksdale, kicker Connor Barth, safety Khayyam Burns, defensive ends Johnny Dingle and Jason Parker, guards Edwin Harrison, Travis Leffew and Tre Stallings, linebackers E.J. Kuale, Steve Octavien and LeRue Rumph, defensive tackle Derek Lokey, fullback Chris Manderino and center Rob Smith.

Minnesota Vikings Placed safety Michael Boulware on injured reserve; released kicker Steve Hauschka, quarterback Brooks Bollinger, wide receivers Jaymar Johnson, Nate Jones, Martin Nance and Darius Reynaud, cornerbacks Marcus Walker, Dee McCann and Brandon Sumrall, running back Albert Young, tight end Braden Jones, linebackers J. Leman and Rufus Alexander, defensive ends Martail Burnett and Chris Norwell, guard Brian Daniels, centers Dan Mozes and Tim Mattran, tackle Chase Johnson and defensive tackle Leger Douzable.

New England Patriots Placed linebacker Bo Ruud and defensive lineman Kenny Smith on injured reserve; placed tackle Oliver Ross on the non-football injury list; released defensive linemen Titus Adams and Santonio Thomas, cornerbacks Fernando Bryant and Mike Richardson, tight end Tyson DeVree, safety Mark Dillard, center Mike Flynn, running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis, quarterback Matt Gutierrez, linebackers Victor Hobson and Vince Redd, tackle Stephen Sene, defensive back Antwain Spann and guard John Welbourn.

New York Giants Signed kicker John Carney; released safety Stuart Schweigert; waived quarterback Andre' Woodson, offensive linemen Andrew Bain, Kurt Quarterman, Clifford Louis and Na'Shan Goddard, fullback Robert Douglas, tight ends Eric Butler and Jerome Collins, wide receivers Brandon London and Marcus Monk, defensive ends Wallace Gilberry and Alex Morrow, defensive tackles Ogemdi Nwagbuo and Jeremy Clark, linebackers Tank Daniels and James Terry, defensive backs Geoffrey Pope and Darren Barnett and kicker Josh Huston.

New York Jets Placed safety Cameron Worrell on injured reserve; released linebacker Matt Chatham and defensive back Hank Poteat; waived wide receivers David Ball, Larry Brackins and Paul Raymond, offensive linemen Jacob Bender, Stanley Daniels, Kyle DeVan, Nate Garner and Matt McChesney, defensive backs Rudy Burgess and James Ihedigbo, running back Jehuu Caulcrick, defensive linemen Thomas Johnson, Bryan Mattison and Ropati Pitoitua, linebackers Blair Phillips and Brandon Renkart and tight ends Jason Pociask and A.J. Schable.

Philadelphia Eagles Placed tackle King Dunlap and guard Mike Gibson on injured reserve; released cornerback Kyle Arrington, fullbacks Jed Collins and Jason Davis, wide receivers Michael Gasperson and Shaheer McBride, defensive tackles Mike Marquardt and Montae Reagor, defensive end Jerome McDougle, linebackers Justin Roland and Andy Studebaker, tight end Kris Wilson and guard Scott Young.

San Diego Chargers Placed tight end Scott Chandler on injured reserve; released linebackers Antwan Applewhite, Eric Bakhtiari, Terna Nande and Carlos Polk, wide receivers Gary Banks and Mark Jones, safeties Tra Battle and Brian Bonner, cornerback Josh Bell, tight end Wade Betschart, running backs Eldra Buckley and Marcus Thomas, defensive ends Andre Coleman and Keith Grennan, defensive tackles Lamar Divens and Keith Jackson, guards Brandyn Dombrowski and Erik Robertson and tackles Tyler Luellen and Tony Pape.

San Francisco 49ers Placed linebacker Jay Moore on injured reserve; waived wide receivers Ashley Lelie, Robert Ortiz, Jerard Rabb, Dominique Zeigler and Cam Colvin, defensive tackles Atiyyah Ellison, Walter Curry and LaJuan Ramsey, defensive end Louis Holmes, fullback Moran Norris, linebackers Dennis Haley and Larry Grant, tackles Alan Reuber, Chris Patrick and Joe Toledo, running back Thomas Clayton, cornerback Markus Curry, punter Ricky Schmitt, guard Brian del la Puente, tight end J.J. Finley and safety D.J. Parker; added guard Ramiro Pruneda to the practice squad.

Tennessee Titans Waived fullbacks Casey Cramer and Jeremy Cain, cornerbacks Tuff Harris, Cary Williams and Marquice Cole, defensive end Sean Conover, running back Omar Cuff, wide receivers Edward Williams, Roydell Williams and Biren Ealy, linebacker Jerrell Freeman, defensive tackles Eric Taylor and Antonio Johnson, safeties Tony Joiner and Calvin Lowry, offensive linemen Enoka Lucas and Fernando Velasco, quarterback Ingle Martin, center Jason Murphy, tight end Jamie Petrowski, tackle Isaac Snell and kicker John Vaughn.

Washington Redskins Waived defensive tackles Matthias Askew and Ryan Boschetti, running backs Nehemiah Broughton and Marcus Mason, offensive tackles Devin Clark, Todd Wade and Tavares Washington, offensive guards Andrew Crummey and Fred Matua, quarterback Derek Devine, punter Derrick Frost, wide receivers Horace Gant, Billy McMullen Maurice Mann and Anthony Mix, linebackers Curtis Gatewood and Danny Verdun-Wheeler, defensive backs Patrick Ghee, David Holloway, Matterral Richardson and Byron Westbrook.

steelernation77
08-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Dre Moore -DT Maryland. 6'4" 305lbs.

Drafted by the Bucs in the 4th round this year. Cut because he didn't show enough/wasn't motivated enough.

Worth taking a shot at as he would be a good fit size wise as a 3-4 DE. Very high athletic ceiling.

AkronSteel
08-30-2008, 08:10 PM

Drafted by the Bucs in the 4th round this year. Cut because he didn't show enough/wasn't motivated enough.

Worth taking a shot at as he would be a good fit size wise as a 3-4 DE. Very high athletic ceiling.

:Agree

I wanted this guy on draft day! I think it is worth taking a flier on him instead of carrying Nick Eason on the roster. Please oh please God, do not make me watch Nick Eason on the football field this year.

Eddie Spaghetti
08-30-2008, 08:12 PM
agree on moore.

get some young guys in the rotation.

ramblinjim
08-30-2008, 08:50 PM

:Agree

I wanted this guy on draft day! I think it is worth taking a flier on him instead of carrying Nick Eason on the roster. Please oh please God, do not make me watch Nick Eason on the football field this year.

I think I wanted this guy on draft day too. Not that my draft was very good........

RuthlessBurgher
08-30-2008, 10:37 PM
I would cut Eason, Frazier, and Woods.

I would sign Dre Moore to be the one young developmental d-line prospect among all the dinosaurs we have out there.

I would sign Roosevelt Colvin to be the veteran back-up OLB with experience in the 3-4.

I would sign Willie Anderson to a 2 year deal. He would be the primary OT backup this year, and could fill in as a veteran starter next year in case we lose Smith, Starks, and Essex next year and Hills is not ready to go. Make Max your full time #3 blocking TE.

It won't happen, but that is what I would do.

Steel Life
08-31-2008, 09:47 AM
Here are some others other than our own...

DL - Dre Moore, Junior Siavii,
OL - King Dunlap, Andy Alleman, Pedro Sosa
WR - David Ball, Ernest Wheelwright, Darius Reynaud
LB - Victor Hobson, Andy Studebaker, Stanley McClover

BigBen2112
08-31-2008, 09:58 AM
Take a flier on Pedro Sosa too...he reminds me alot of what they are HOPING Stapleton will be.

RuthlessBurgher
08-31-2008, 12:54 PM
Take a flier on Pedro Sosa too...he reminds me alot of what they are HOPING Stapleton will be.

After drafting Cam Stephenson last year and picking up Darnell Stapleton as an UDFA as well, if they do go after Sosa this year, will that be a direct admission that our coaching staff thinks Rutgers has a better o-line than we do?

BigBen2112
08-31-2008, 01:37 PM

After drafting Cam Stephenson last year and picking up Darnell Stapleton as an UDFA as well, if they do go after Sosa this year, will that be a direct admission that our coaching staff thinks Rutgers has a better o-line than we do?

The Pittsburgh City Girls PowderPuff Football League can come up with a better OL than we have.

And Mahan would not even make that line. :lol:

blacknblue80s
08-31-2008, 01:43 PM
Here are some others other than our own...

DL - Dre Moore, Junior Siavii,
OL - King Dunlap, Andy Alleman, Pedro Sosa
WR - David Ball, Ernest Wheelwright, Darius Reynaud
LB - Victor Hobson, Andy Studebaker, Stanley McClover
:oops: McClover looked a lot bigger than 6'2" 263 when we played them last week.

I agree with those that want to take a chance on Dre Moore as a 3-4 DE project.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
08-31-2008, 03:04 PM
Phil Simms cut.

Can he be a starter anywhere?

Would he be a good back up ... better than Lefty?

I really am very much UNsold on Lefty ... I can see him having the highest percentage of 3 and outs of any QB in the league. He may turn out OK, but until I see him throw a few soft passes I'm not signing on as a big fan.

Just my :2c :D

Eddie Spaghetti
08-31-2008, 03:40 PM
DT- nick hayden- Carolina. 6-4 305 lbs.

this guy might be worth a flier. was a 6th round pick, i think. he looked impressive in a couple of games i saw. maybe a good 3-4 end.

his bio reads like a young aaron smith.

Steel Life
08-31-2008, 03:47 PM
Keilen Dykes (WVU) DT - 6'-4", 305 lbs.
Seems like he'd be worth taking a flier on too.

Iron Shiek
08-31-2008, 10:47 PM
Phil Simms cut.

I really am very much UNsold on Lefty ... I can see him having the highest percentage of 3 and outs of any QB in the league. He may turn out OK, but until I see him throw a few soft passes I'm not signing on as a big fan.

I think Phil Simms is not worth signing, he's too old. But Chris Simms would be a nice backup, but he is coming with a big price tag...I think for the money the steelers want to spend, Leftwich might be our best bet, although I agree, I am not doing backflips over him.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
08-31-2008, 10:51 PM
Phil Simms cut.

I think Phil Simms is not worth signing, he's too old. But Chris Simms would be a nice backup, but he is coming with a big price tag...I think for the money the steelers want to spend, Leftwich might be our best bet, although I agree, I am not doing backflips over him.

Yeah, him too :D

How much is he asking for? I wonder if he'll start somewhere ...

Iron Shiek
09-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Phil Simms cut.

Yeah, him too :D

How much is he asking for? I wonder if he'll start somewhere ...

Well i think he is quality fill in guy, and for a team like the Ravens, who are in dire need of someone with some starts under his belt, how do they not bring him in. I thought I heard something on Sirius that like $3 milliion-ish would be the neighborhood, which is around what Boller made...you cut Boller and get Simms and have something to work with other than Flacco.

phillyesq
09-01-2008, 10:54 AM
I agree with bringing in Dre Moore or one of the other young DEs mentioned. Either to replace somebody on the PS, or to take Eason's roster spot. With both Kirshke and Roye, the Steelers could afford to gamble with a more developmental player at DE.

I haven't had time to go through all of the WR and TE cuts, but one name that sticks out is Chad Jackson. If we're going to have a Florida WR on the roster, we might as well pick the guy with the higher upside.

I'm not sure if any decent, or even serviceable TEs are out there, but that might be worth investigating as well.

In years past, it seems like a few players cut by the Steelers would get signed elsewhere. Now, it seems like we're the ones who are (or at least who should be) looking through the trash of other teams. Not a good sign for the Steelers depth...

RuthlessBurgher
09-01-2008, 11:11 AM
I haven't had time to go through all of the WR and TE cuts, but one name that sticks out is Chad Jackson. If we're going to have a Florida WR on the roster, we might as well pick the guy with the higher upside.

Good point. I didn't even notice that the Asterisks cut Jackson. He was a 2nd round pick (the next WR taken after we took Santonio) the year before we got his Gator teammate Dallas Baker in the 7th round...and New England traded their 3rd round pick that year to move up and get him. If I recall, dude showed some serious speed at the combine. I don't know if the injuries he's had over the past few seasons have robbed him of any of that, but it might be worth taking a look if he passes a physical (he should be okay, though...he caught 7 balls for 66 yards and 2 TD's this preseason).

BigBen2112
09-01-2008, 11:24 AM

Good point. I didn't even notice that the Asterisks cut Jackson. He was a 2nd round pick (the next WR taken after we took Santonio) the year before we got his Gator teammate Dallas Baker in the 7th round...and New England traded their 3rd round pick that year to move up and get him. If I recall, dude showed some serious speed at the combine. I don't know if the injuries he's had over the past few seasons have robbed him of any of that, but it might be worth taking a look if he passes a physical (he should be okay, though...he caught 7 balls for 66 yards and 2 TD's this preseason).

With all that speed maybe HE can return kicks.

RuthlessBurgher
09-01-2008, 11:35 AM

In his two year injury riddled career in New England, he returned 6 kicks for 106 yards (17.7 yards per kick average) and 5 punts for 83 yards (16.6 yards per punt average), plus he returned 1 punt for 4 yards this preseason (did you guys realize that the Asterisks actually had Randy Freaking Moss return a kick this preseason...for 15 yards. And I was worried about us putting Santonio back to return punts. Yikes!)

In college, Jackson returned 10 kicks for 188 yards (18.8 yards per kick average) and 9 punts for 35 yards (3.8 yards per punt average).

In his last season at Florida, he caught 88 passes for 900 yards (10.2 ypc avg) and 9 TD's. So far in the NFL, he has 13 catches for 152 yards (11.7 ypc avg) and 3 TD's.

BigBen2112
09-01-2008, 11:47 AM

In his two year injury riddled career in New England, he returned 6 kicks for 106 yards (17.7 yards per kick average) and 5 punts for 83 yards (16.6 yards per punt average), plus he returned 1 punt for 4 yards this preseason (did you guys realize that the Asterisks actually had Randy Freaking Moss return a kick this preseason...for 15 yards. And I was worried about us putting Santonio back to return punts. Yikes!)

In college, Jackson returned 10 kicks for 188 yards (18.8 yards per kick average) and 9 punts for 35 yards (3.8 yards per punt average).

In his last season at Florida, he caught 88 passes for 900 yards (10.2 ypc avg) and 9 TD's. So far in the NFL, he has 13 catches for 152 yards (11.7 ypc avg) and 3 TD's.

So basically even though he's been injured and not lived up to his pick status....he's better than Dallas Baker?

Yep that sounds about right.

phillyesq
09-01-2008, 12:33 PM
So basically even though he's been injured and not lived up to his pick status....he's better than Dallas Baker?

Benny, I'm not necessarily saying that he is better than Baker. But I do think that he could have a higher upside. I haven't seen much from Baker, so if we're going to have a player on the roster who won't contribute much, I'd prefer the guy with a chance at more upside.

BigBen2112
09-01-2008, 02:49 PM

Benny, I'm not necessarily saying that he is better than Baker. But I do think that he could have a higher upside. I haven't seen much from Baker, so if we're going to have a player on the roster who won't contribute much, I'd prefer the guy with a chance at more upside.

And I agreed with you.

What I should have said to make it CLEAR that I agree with you is: "Tells you alot about Baker now doesn't it" LOL.

steelcityrules!!
09-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Dykes and reynaud are out there on waivers?
snatch em up coach... both are great character guys and would be at the very least, having some mountaineers playing special teams would be a good thing.

I'm telling you, reynaud in our system would be very productive.

steelblood
09-02-2008, 07:28 AM
Eslinger, Mike Flynn, and Datish. Could we please find some idiotic team that wants to trade for Mahan and pick up Flynn.

phillyesq
09-02-2008, 08:25 AM

And I agreed with you.

What I should have said to make it CLEAR that I agree with you is: "Tells you alot about Baker now doesn't it" LOL.

Gotcha. I wasn't sure if you were saying that Baker is bad or that Jackson is bad. They're both pretty terrible, so I suppose it doesn't matter either way...

ikestops85
09-02-2008, 10:01 AM

And I agreed with you.

I don't think it necessarily says anything about Baker. Jackson was a 2nd round pick and that was the reason he made the Patriots roster. In fact that was the ONLY reason he made the roster. That is also the reason he had more chances than a guy like Baker who was a 7th rounder. Many times it doesn't matter how you perform in camp or the pre-season but where you are drafted at. If coaches decided on performance only we would still have Reid on the roster and have cut Sweed. Face it, Sweed made our roster because he was a 2nd rounder. If he were a UFA it would have been bye bye. This doesn't mean that Sweed won't turn out to be a great pick. It just means he has more time and more chances to prove himself. The only way we are going to be able to see what Baker is capable of is to use him as the #3 receiver and get to play with the starters. However, that is not likely to happen and the only reason for that is he has players who were drafted much higher in front of him.