PDA

View Full Version : stapleton

steelblood
08-29-2008, 06:33 PM
I'm not sure how this guy doesn't make the team. He did a very nice job at LG with the second unit. He is good in line, pulling, and getting to the second level. His pass protection was very good too. Meanwhile, Mahan was getting knocked around at center. Then, with the third team, STapleton played center adequately (mahanish in the least).

I think he'd be a better backup LG than Mahan and perhaps as good at center. I think Essex, Hills, and maybe Mahan should all be a little nervous.

MeetJoeGreene
08-29-2008, 07:14 PM
Did Legursky play? And if so how did he look.

steelblood
08-29-2008, 07:18 PM
I only saw legursky play guard with the 3rd unit. I did not see him play any center. He looked strong, but a little stiff.

AkronSteel
08-29-2008, 10:30 PM
I agree about Stapleton. I think he has had a very productive preseason. I like his inline blocking and his ability to pull and find defenders on the second level. I think the guy has a real chance to turn into a solid NFL lineman.

:2c

buckeyehoppy
08-30-2008, 12:03 AM
Stapleton is a player who shores up the entire inside of the OL. He's a guy who make you sweat less if he's around when one of the starters goes down.

Stapleton is also the most athletic player on the OL and, to a large degree, makes Mahan expendable. He is also proof that you don't have to be bigger than a house to be an effective OL.