PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Lost For Season: How Bad Is This?

NKySteeler
08-29-2008, 03:02 PM
"...Steelers LB Arnold Harrison tore the ACL in his left knee and will likely be out for the season."

Harrison tore his ACL last night and is going to be gone for the season.....

OK, so how bad does this hurt the quality of our LB group in your opinion?... Maybe not too much in starting quality, but it does in depth, IMO... Does this open the door for Davis to get more PT?...

Jigawatts
08-29-2008, 03:10 PM
I don't know how much his loss will hurt. Maybe it will help open doors for others.

But it was heartbreaking to see the pain in Arnolds face when he was leaving
the field. He's still a relatively young guy, but I can't imagine what was going
through his head last night in consideration to his football career. :(

NKySteeler
08-29-2008, 03:12 PM
I don't know how much his loss will hurt. Maybe it will help open doors for others.

But it was heartbreaking to see the pain in Arnolds face when he was leaving
the field. He's still a relatively young guy, but I can't imagine what was going
through his head last night in consideration to his football career. :(

...Now sure, this could have happened in the FIRST pre-season game, but it is still another serious injury in a meaningless game, IMO.... :?

Eddie Spaghetti
08-29-2008, 05:33 PM
he won't be missed.

steelblood
08-29-2008, 05:34 PM
I think it is a very big deal. Woodley would certainly benefit from platooning a bit. By the way, who is Woodley's backup now? Frazier? Too scrawny. Certainly not Davis. He is not stout enough to play on the right side. I think they'll be tempted to keep patrick bailey now because he actually plays that position and would be a help on special teams.

NKySteeler
08-29-2008, 05:42 PM
I think it is a very big deal. Woodley would certainly benefit from platooning a bit. By the way, who is Woodley's backup now? Frazier? Too scrawny. Certainly not Davis. He is not stout enough to play on the right side....

I agree.... The quality depth at the position is "lacking" IMO.... But I wouldn't mind seeing what Davis can do in some sort of scheme...

steelblood
08-29-2008, 06:18 PM
I think it is a very big deal. Woodley would certainly benefit from platooning a bit. By the way, who is Woodley's backup now? Frazier? Too scrawny. Certainly not Davis. He is not stout enough to play on the right side....

I agree.... The quality depth at the position is "lacking" IMO.... But I wouldn't mind seeing what Davis can do in some sort of scheme...

When would you play Davis? He is a liability in running situations. And, even a tired Woodley or Harrison is a far better pass rusher.

NKySteeler
08-29-2008, 06:23 PM
When would you play Davis? He is a liability in running situations. And, even a tired Woodley or Harrison is a far better pass rusher.

Harrison is gone for the season... That's what started all this...

...As for when/where to play him, I am not sure to be honest. He doesn't have the size right now to be effective, IMO. ... But some experience SOMEWHERE would do him well for the future, because I do think he'll bulk-up and be a part of the squad... Just an opinion, man...

steelblood
08-29-2008, 06:26 PM

Harrison is gone for the season... That's what started all this...

...As for when/where to play him, I am not sure to be honest. He doesn't have the size right now to be effective, IMO. ... But some experience SOMEWHERE would do him well for the future, because I do think he'll bulk-up and be a part of the squad... Just an opinion, man...

James Harrison, not Arnold.

I wish Davis showed more promise. Oh well, maybe he'll develop during the season.

NKySteeler
08-29-2008, 06:30 PM

I wish Davis showed more promise. Oh well, maybe he'll develop during the season.

:oops: .........

Davis is small, but is a rookie and will bulk-up (I hope) before the next season.... I think he'll be a factor on ST this year, and be able to get into some schemes this season... Depth is always an issue, IMO...

steelblood
08-29-2008, 06:38 PM

:oops: .........

Davis is small, but is a rookie and will bulk-up (I hope) before the next season.... I think he'll be a factor on ST this year, and be able to get into some schemes this season... Depth is always an issue, IMO...

I agree with this assessment. He may develop. I loved his game in college. But, I'm concerned about keeping Woodley and Harrison fresh this year. And, if one of them goes down, we're screwed.

NKySteeler
08-29-2008, 06:45 PM
I agree with this assessment. He may develop. I loved his game in college. But, I'm concerned about keeping Woodley and Harrison fresh this year. And, if one of them goes down, we're screwed.

I really think Woodley is the key, here.... And as much as I am skeptical, Timmons... I'm not down on him (Timmons), just not sure of his durability for 16 games... Woodley has proven to be a beast, and we will need him to remain healthy... 16 games is a looooong season, and we've seen issues late in the year. .... Man, depth is my concern.

steelblood
08-29-2008, 07:22 PM

I really think Woodley is the key, here.... And as much as I am skeptical, Timmons... I'm not down on him (Timmons), just not sure of his durability for 16 games... Woodley has proven to be a beast, and we will need him to remain healthy... 16 games is a looooong season, and we've seen issues late in the year. .... Man, depth is my concern.

Woodley will need a guy to take some reps for him or he'll begin to burnout in the second half and perhaps hit the wall. Unfortunately, we don't really have anyone to take quality reps for him.

NKySteeler
08-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Woodley will need a guy to take some reps for him or he'll begin to burnout in the second half and perhaps hit the wall. Unfortunately, we don't really have anyone to take quality reps for him.

As you just said.... And one of my biggest concerns.... DEPTH. ... It's gonna possibly kill us unless we are lucky on the injury front.

SteelerNation1
08-29-2008, 11:12 PM
#46 Patrick Bailey should make this team now. He was great last night and is a demon on ST.

ikestops85
08-29-2008, 11:38 PM
#46 Patrick Bailey should make this team now. He was great last night and is a demon on ST.

:Agree I hate that Arnold got hurt but I didn't want them to get rid of Bailey. He was a beast on kick coverage last night. I don't think we can emphasize enough the value of special teams play this year. I think we are going to be playing many tight games this year and special teams may decide whether we are in the playoffs or out of the playoffs.

AngryAsian
08-30-2008, 06:06 AM
I like what K. Fox has done thus far in the season, so this should open up some serious play time for him. I think Fox is going to be a sleeper talent for us this year.

SteelerNation1
08-30-2008, 10:45 AM
I like what K. Fox has done thus far in the season, so this should open up some serious play time for him. I think Fox is going to be a sleeper talent for us this year.
$$$$$$$$

RuthlessBurgher
08-30-2008, 04:17 PM
If anything happens to Woodley or James Harrison, then Timmons will slide outside, and Foote will go back next to Farrior.

Ozey74
08-30-2008, 05:42 PM

I agree with you AA. Even during the off-season I was thinking that it would be nice if LeBeau could bring out the best in Fox.

ramblinjim
08-30-2008, 05:56 PM

I agree with you AA. Even during the off-season I was thinking that it would be nice if LeBeau could bring out the best in Fox.

Could Fox be the next sleeper stud that we pick up as a free agent afterthought? Farrior was a solid player but wasn't exactly causing bidding wars in free agency when we picked him up. I dont think Fox has Farriors size though.....

Ozey74
08-30-2008, 06:01 PM

Could Fox be the next sleeper stud that we pick up as a free agent afterthought? Farrior was a solid player but wasn't exactly causing bidding wars in free agency when we picked him up. I dont think Fox has Farriors size though.....

Farrior is 6'2" 243 lbs, Fox is 6'3" 235. This is off of websites from doing a Google search.

ramblinjim
08-30-2008, 06:17 PM

Farrior is 6'2" 243 lbs, Fox is 6'3" 235. This is off of websites from doing a Google search.

Thanks!!

I'll be darned, I thought there was a bigger difference. Well, let's get the season started and see how things pan out! :tt2

Ozey74
08-30-2008, 06:22 PM
I agree.....let's get this season started. Even though it's not the Steelers, I'm looking foward to the Skins @ Giants in just a few days!!

Les 74
08-30-2008, 06:23 PM

Thanks!!

I'll be darned, I thought there was a bigger difference. Well, let's get the season started and see how things pan out! :tt2

To be honest,I'd never heard of Fox until we signed him. :shock:

Ozey74
08-30-2008, 06:25 PM
Me neither Les.

I do remember Farrior when he was with the Jets, but it wasn't football related. I remember thinking is name is sort of like "Warrior".

NKySteeler
08-30-2008, 06:27 PM
I agree.....let's get this season started. Even though it's not the Steelers, I'm looking foward to the Skins @ Giants in just a few days!!

I second the "get it started" bit....

... I'll be sitting in a hotel room in Los Angeles Thursday night, and I have to admit, that game really doesn't interest me too much... I'm just counting down the time to Sunday at 1pm.

Ozey74
08-30-2008, 06:32 PM

I second the "get it started" bit....

... I'll be sitting in a hotel room in Los Angeles Thursday night, and I have to admit, that game really doesn't interest me too much... I'm just counting down the time to Sunday at 1pm.

Is there any reason for you to have any interest in the game for FF purposes? Maybe you can pull for your guy or root against whoever your opponent may have.

:tt2

NKySteeler
08-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Is there any reason for you to have any interest in the game for FF purposes? Maybe you can pull for your guy or root against whoever your opponent may have.

:tt2

Nope... No players from either team on my squad. Don't know about AS (my opponent for week #1, as far as who he'll start)... Don't get me wrong, I'll watch the game on Thursday. But as far as I'm concerned, the REAL start of the season is at 1pm on the 7th in Hines Field.....
:P

Ozey74
08-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'll watch the game on Thursday.

It beats "Everybody Loves Raymond" re-runs!

RuthlessBurgher
08-30-2008, 10:57 PM

Farrior was the 8th overall pick in the draft, though. Although he never quite lived up to his lofty draft status in his 43 starts in 5 years in New York, he did have a solid season in his last year with the Jets (142 tackles, 1 sack, 2 interceptions, and 7 passes defensed). There was definitely a stud in there just waiting for the opportunity for someone like LeBeau to bring it out of him.

Fox was a late 3rd rounder. He only has 4 starts in 4 years. He wasn't brought here to be a potential starter like Farrior was. He was brought here to be a special teams demon. If he can cover kicks like a madman, I will be more than satisfied, since that is a major need on our team. If he never sees the field in our regular defense, I will still be satisfied, since that means that our current starters are healthy.