PDA

View Full Version : Cowher on Sirius Satellite

Iron Shiek
08-29-2008, 06:54 AM
I was listening to the replay of yesterday's Movin the Chains show this morning (that is a great show with Kirwan and Tim Ryan by the way) and they were interviewing the Chin.

He talked about NFL goings on then they shifted focus to the Steelers and spent about ten minutes on them.

- When asked about the shift away from the power running game and how fans are nervous he says they shouldn't be nervous for the offense, but maybe for the defense. They will be on the field more if the offense is passing and putting up quick points. It could have an affect on fatigue/injuries to the defense by being on the field.

- The first thing he said when asked that question above though was that Santonio is going to have a breakout year. Thanks for backing up my and everyone else's feelings about him Chin!

- Then an Aaron Smith question and just talked about how good he is and how he never comes off the field.

- Question about the ownership situation. He said people wonder why I'm never coming back to coaching, its because when you have had the best owner, what are you coming back to. Sounded like he is gonna lay out at CBS for a while...

SteelHoss
08-29-2008, 08:15 AM
Interesting comments by Cowher. Thanks Sheik. Me thinks Cowher really likes those cameras. He won't be back anytime soon.

Ozey74
08-29-2008, 08:22 AM
I agree with his comments about Holmes. Holmes was the Chin's last every 1st round draft pick in his era.

rpmpit
08-29-2008, 09:07 AM
Interesting comments by Cowher. Thanks Sheik. Me thinks Cowher really likes those cameras. He won't be back anytime soon.

Yeah, he loves the way his new pearly whites look on TV!! :mrgreen:

And yeah, nice comment on the Rooneys.

Djfan
08-29-2008, 03:16 PM
Can't imagine why someone would give up the booth for the sidelines.

NKySteeler
08-29-2008, 03:25 PM
"...- When asked about the shift away from the power running game and how fans are nervous he says they shouldn't be nervous for the offense, but maybe for the defense. They will be on the field more if the offense is passing and putting up quick points. It could have an affect on fatigue/injuries to the defense by being on the field.

- Question about the ownership situation. He said people wonder why I'm never coming back to coaching, its because when you have had the best owner, what are you coming back to. ..."

...I think we saw the "fatigue factor" at the tail-end of last season, and the injury to Smith was obviously a hinderance.... This D-line is not getting any younger, and I think we can expect some of this again this season... Next year the D-Line must be a priority in the draft!

...You hear comments like this about the Rooneys and the organization quite a bit... I really don't understand how anyone would want to give this up for the uncertainty of new ownership...

blacknblue80s
08-29-2008, 04:30 PM
We will need a balanced offense this year, keep our aging d-line rested.
Keeping Woodley and Harrison fresh will also help the pass rush.

NKySteeler
08-29-2008, 04:36 PM

Harrison will be fresh, alright..... He's done for the season. Or most of it, anyway...

blacknblue80s
08-29-2008, 07:21 PM

Harrison will be fresh, alright..... He's done for the season. Or most of it, anyway...
Arnold Harrison is injured, did James get injured also?

NKySteeler
08-29-2008, 07:23 PM
No..... But Mr. Rumplemintz says a "Harrison" is a "Harrison" this afternoon................ :lol: :lol:

blacknblue80s
08-29-2008, 07:29 PM
No..... But Mr. Rumplemintz says a "Harrison" is a "Harrison" this afternoon................ :lol: :lol:
:lol: Holy Toledo!!! You scared me there Nky.

NKySteeler
08-29-2008, 07:35 PM
:lol: Holy Toledo!!! You scared me there Nky.

Just wait till I meet Brenda out in public in a little bit! That will be scary!....... :o :lol: