PDA

View Full Version : I can't belive it's been 18 years

stlrz d
08-27-2008, 07:09 AM
18 years ago today Stevie Ray Vaughan was lost in a tragic helicopter accident at Alpine Valley Music Theater in East Troy, WI, near Madison. I was at that show.

Continue to RIP Stevie. We still miss you. :( :cry:

Life Without You (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAv5ZuuSxSI)

Ghost
08-27-2008, 08:09 AM
I had just seen him earlier that summer in a duel headliners show with Joe Cocker. Best live guitar I ever saw.

Can't beleive it's been that long.

papillon
08-27-2008, 12:11 PM
I had the conert of a lifetime when I was living in Houston, Texas. I met a girl down there in 1984 or somewhere around there. We were dating and she won 4 tix to a nightclub that was having two performers playing, one Texas favorite and a relatively famous national artist.

The place holds about 300 people and it's F'ing SRV and the other, get this, Dave Mason. They weren't advertising Mason at all, don't know if he was a friend of Vaughn's or how he came to be there that night, but, it was a good night to be there.

I miss SRV's style of the blues. :cry:

Pappy

buckeyehoppy
08-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Stevie Ray was a master, no doubt about it. He was definitely taken from this world far too young.

Other great blues and rock players have had chances to make their mark and live out a full life and it is still crappy when they pass. SRV made his mark in both realms and his licks still amaze me.

I'm as hard core as it is when it comes to blues and have seen many of the great blues players. SRV belongs in that discussion and I know he is somewhere, trading fours with Albert King, T-Bone Walker, Albert Collins and Lightning Hopkins.

I just know he is...

Djfan
08-29-2008, 02:45 PM
That was just yesterday. Can't believe it.

Blues is the best type of music. I play the harp, so SRV's music is often in my cd player.

T-Bone Burnett! Great stuff!

stlrz d
08-29-2008, 06:35 PM

Blues is the best type of music. I play the harp, so SRV's music is often in my cd player.

I'm jealous. I have had one for probably 15 years and I just can't figure it out. I'm a Junior Wells fan myself. Throw in some Little Walter too. :)

Djfan
09-01-2008, 01:00 AM

I'm jealous. I have had one for probably 15 years and I just can't figure it out. I'm a Junior Wells fan myself. Throw in some Little Walter too. :)

Sweet! I noticed you sig. Great stuff!

ColumbusSteelerFan
09-01-2008, 06:04 AM
Missed this a few days back, but still a sad anniversary for me as well. I wasn't as big of an SRV fan back then as I am now, but I remember hearing about it the next day at work. Another one lost WAAYYY too early. He was sober, had a great new album, and going nowhere but up. What could have been, who knows.

RuthlessBurgher
09-02-2008, 01:27 PM

http://www.stanwiest.com/harp_player.jpg

J/K :lol:

http://www.wirz.de/music/krg/grafik/harp4.jpg