PDA

View Full Version : Planet Steelers Suicide Pool

SteelerOfDeVille
08-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Alright kids... one last "fantasy" pool.

I know there was talk of one (http://planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=594&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=suicide&start=45), but, i never saw one pop up. Perhaps I missed it, but, if not, here goes.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival

group id # 14794
pw killbill

Chadman
08-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Alright kids... one last "fantasy" pool.

I know there was talk of one (http://planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=594&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=suicide&start=45), but, i never saw one pop up. Perhaps I missed it, but, if not, here goes.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival

group id # 14794
pw killbill

Done...Chadman's in....

Shawn
08-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Im in...but how do you play?

Shawn
08-26-2008, 06:10 PM
nevermind

:oops:

Jom112
08-26-2008, 06:14 PM
I is going to win...

stlrz d
08-26-2008, 06:30 PM
In.

SteelerOfDeVille
08-26-2008, 07:00 PM
nevermind

:oops:
for those who don't know...

You pick the winner of one game a week. If they win, you move on to the next week. If they lose, you're out. Last man (or woman) standing wins.

I didn't study the rules, but, in many pools, you can only pick a team once.

RuthlessBurgher
08-26-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm in, beyotches!!!

SteelerNation1
08-26-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm in, beyotches!!!
Ruthless,
Great sig. I don't remember being at that Gladiator Death Match though???? :lol:

PS- I'm in baby!

proudpittsburgher
08-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Oh, I'm so in, and you all :moon are soooooo out. :tt1

eniparadoxgma
08-26-2008, 09:46 PM
I be up in dar, mane. :Steel

RuthlessBurgher
08-26-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm in, beyotches!!!
Ruthless,
Great sig. I don't remember being at that Gladiator Death Match though???? :lol:

PS- I'm in baby!

You must have been really wasted that day to not remember it. It took place after Ben's first start at Heinz Field, the game in which Polamalu sealed the deal by intercepting former college roommate Carson Palmer, and bowling him over on his way to the end zone. After vanquishing the Bengals, Maximus came out and killed an actual Bengal tiger, then waved his own Terrible Towel in triumph. Good stuff.

AngryAsian
08-27-2008, 12:37 AM
Let the beat down of the North American denizens commence!

Feel the Asian Wrath upon you!!!!

Iron Shiek
08-27-2008, 08:27 AM
I'm in, beyotches!!!
Ruthless,

PS- I'm in baby!

You must have been really wasted that day to not remember it. It took place after Ben's first start at Heinz Field, the game in which Polamalu sealed the deal by intercepting former college roommate Carson Palmer, and bowling him over on his way to the end zone. After vanquishing the Bengals, Maximus came out and killed an actual Bengal tiger, then waved his own Terrible Towel in triumph. Good stuff.

SPANIARD! SPANIARD! SPANIARD!

Oh and I'll be in the pool as well, don't you worry. I'm picking the Pats week one and I hope they lose, i don't care if I get knocked out!

rpmpit
08-27-2008, 09:52 AM
I'm in, beyotches!!!
Ruthless,

PS- I'm in baby!

"Are you not entertained? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?? Is this not why you are here??"

(Maximus throws down sword, spits and walks off)

AWESOME MOVIE!! And yeah, great photoshop!!

costanza2k1
08-27-2008, 09:55 AM
Thx, I'm in.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-27-2008, 11:46 AM
Thanks SOD, I'm in.

SteelerOfDeVille
08-28-2008, 01:02 PM
bump... probably needs a stickey.

AngryAsian
08-28-2008, 02:24 PM

Done. I have I.T. ninjas in high places. :lol:

SteelerOfDeVille
08-28-2008, 03:22 PM

Done. I have I.T. ninjas in high places. :lol:
:lol:

AngryAsian
08-28-2008, 03:25 PM
Question... we don't have to make the first week's pick until the next week, correct? Just asking because I'm the only one that's made a first week pick thus far. I'm on Asian time so being on the other side of the world, we're a week ahead of everyone else. :lol:

NKySteeler
08-28-2008, 04:20 PM
I'm on Asian time so being on the other side of the world, we're a week ahead of everyone else. :lol:

BANZAI!!!!!!..............http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/9130/briantochiju4.jpg

Man, I'm gonna probably regret it, but I'm gonna pass on this league.... I'm in 5 different leagues/types already and will probably screw-up and miss my picks sometime....

RuthlessBurgher
08-28-2008, 04:31 PM
I'm on Asian time so being on the other side of the world, we're a week ahead of everyone else. :lol:

BANZAI!!!!!!..............http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/9130/briantochiju4.jpg

Man, I'm gonna probably regret it, but I'm gonna pass on this league.... I'm in 5 different leagues/types already and will probably screw-up and miss my picks sometime....

This one is easy, though. It takes about 23 seconds worth of thought per week. Even I can manage that. :D

stlrz d
08-28-2008, 06:09 PM

You can set it to remind you to make a pick every week. You'll get an email. Go to the site and pick one game.

Wuss. :? :roll:

:stirpot

:D

Iron Shiek
08-28-2008, 09:47 PM

You can set it to remind you to make a pick every week. You'll get an email. Go to the site and pick one game.

Wuss. :? :roll:

:stirpot

:D

Yeah WTF man! Even that baby that trades stocks in that commercial has an entry...him and Bobo over there...

NKySteeler
08-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Yeah WTF man! Even that baby that trades stocks in that commercial has an entry...him and Bobo over there...

:Clap :lol: .... Man, I'm out of town and on the road 4 days a week (sometimes without my laptop).... I doubt I'll be able to keep track of the things I'm already obligated to.... So I figure I"ll just watch and observe this one....
:wink:

Iron Shiek
08-28-2008, 10:37 PM

:Clap :lol: .... Man, I'm out of town and on the road 4 days a week (sometimes without my laptop).... I doubt I'll be able to keep track of the things I'm already obligated to.... So I figure I"ll just watch and observe this one....
:wink:
:loser

Hahaha :D Just messin'.

ColumbusSteelerFan
08-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Just signed up. Not in any other fantasy league this year, so I might as well.

eniparadoxgma
09-01-2008, 12:06 AM
HOLY FRIGGIN HELL MANE!!!

You familiar with Coroner? For real?

Thought I was the only person on the continent. One of my favorite bands of all-time.

Whoa. Just whoa.

:Beer :Beer :Beer

Shawn
09-01-2008, 12:35 AM

Thought I was the only person on the continent. One of my favorite bands of all-time.

Whoa. Just whoa.

Masked Jackel is my favorite song within the genre of screaming, angry death rock. Terrific just terrific stuff.

And if you believe that...well... :lol:

ColumbusSteelerFan
09-01-2008, 05:58 AM

Whoa. Just whoa.

Masked Jackel is my favorite song within the genre of screaming, angry death rock. Terrific just terrific stuff.

SMG, I hope you're not kidding. It's definitely one of their better songs. Anyways...

Yes, discovered the three former Celtic Frost roadies from Switzerland back in mid 1990 or so. Picked up a copy of "Mental Vortex" when it came out and was hooked ever since. That album contains probably one of the top five cover tunes by ANYONE, but that's for another topic. Been praying for a reunion since 1995, but doesn't look like it's happening. :x

AngryAsian
09-01-2008, 06:24 AM

Whoa. Just whoa.

SMG, I hope you're not kidding. It's definitely one of their better songs. Anyways...

Yes, discovered the three former Celtic Frost roadies from Switzerland back in mid 1990 or so. Picked up a copy of "Mental Vortex" when it came out and was hooked ever since. That album contains probably one of the top five cover tunes by ANYONE, but that's for another topic. Been praying for a reunion since 1995, but doesn't look like it's happening. :x

In the early 90's Celtic Frost changed their drummer to a local boy named Chris from Orlando. I used to go to the bars with this cat.... good stuff.

kennyes
09-02-2008, 01:51 AM
Henceforth and tally ho... I hath submitted my entry into this pool of death....

BIG FAN
09-02-2008, 02:45 AM
Joined a public league.
Plan to go at least as far as Kenny. :lol:

AngryAsian
09-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Have any of you made your selections for this week? I don't see anybody's picks when I log on, except for mine. I thought we have to have our picks in before tomorrow night?

RuthlessBurgher
09-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Have any of you made your selections for this week? I don't see anybody's picks when I log on, except for mine. I thought we have to have our picks in before tomorrow night?

Are everyone's picks made public beforehand? Or are they kept secret until after the games have been played and the results are in?

AngryAsian
09-03-2008, 08:22 PM

Are everyone's picks made public beforehand? Or are they kept secret until after the games have been played and the results are in?

I have no clue. When I log on all I see is my week one pick and nothing else listed in everybody else's column. Maybe you're right and nothing is revealed until after the fact. That would suck if that was the case.

RuthlessBurgher
09-03-2008, 08:35 PM

I have no clue. When I log on all I see is my week one pick and nothing else listed in everybody else's column. Maybe you're right and nothing is revealed until after the fact. That would suck if that was the case.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I've got the Eagles over the Rams. I thought about taking the Bengals or the Lions, since they are facing rookie QB's in their first NFL start, but I hate taking road teams in suicide pools, especially teams as bad as Detroit and Cincy. For now, I'm going with the strategy of saving some of the elite teams for later (of course, that could always backfire with me getting bounced early, but that's a risk I'm willing to take at this point).

AngryAsian
09-03-2008, 09:30 PM

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I've got the Eagles over the Rams. I thought about taking the Bengals or the Lions, since they are facing rookie QB's in their first NFL start, but I hate taking road teams in suicide pools, especially teams as bad as Detroit and Cincy. For now, I'm going with the strategy of saving some of the elite teams for later (of course, that could always backfire with me getting bounced early, but that's a risk I'm willing to take at this point).

You mean to tell me you can only pick a team once? I'm screwed. :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
09-03-2008, 10:17 PM

You mean to tell me you can only pick a team once? I'm screwed. :lol:

See? That's what I get for opening my big mouth. I should have just shut up and let you go on all ignorant of the rules. :lol:

Iron Shiek
09-04-2008, 08:48 AM
See? That's what I get for opening my big mouth. I should have just shut up and let you go on all ignorant of the rules. :lol:

Ruthless quit giving away the inside info!! Ha. Me and you think exactly alike (at least in terms of fantasy football and suicide pools). I took the Eagles also because they are home and I am saving the "elite" teams. I am sure there will be a week that we will all be picking from the 49ers, Lions and Dolphins...i hope not...

eniparadoxgma
09-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Crap. I forgot all about this one. Too late to make a pick this week? I promise I won't pick the Giants. :)

On edit: I just have a green check mark next to this week and can't pick. What's that mean? lol

It says I can still pick for next week...

RuthlessBurgher
09-05-2008, 09:06 AM
Crap. I forgot all about this one. Too late to make a pick this week? I promise I won't pick the Giants. :)

On edit: I just have a green check mark next to this week and can't pick. What's that mean? lol

It says I can still pick for next week...

If you are allowed to not pick, and then automatically move on, then I should just not pick, and advance to the title! Woo hoo!!! :lol:

Chadman
09-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Chadman has chosen Jacksonville in week 1...

Iron Shiek
09-05-2008, 12:25 PM

Thanks for playing Chadman. :D I say Titans win...but didn't pick them in the pool.

Chadman
09-07-2008, 05:45 PM

Thanks for playing Chadman. :D I say Titans win...but didn't pick them in the pool.

Hahahahaha!!! And Chadman's out! :tt1

Iron Shiek
09-07-2008, 06:30 PM

Hahahahaha!!! And Chadman's out! :tt1

Dang I'm good. Sorry Chadman.

Hogerules33
09-07-2008, 11:16 PM
Well that was a fun pool to be in...

See ya next year guys!! lol

Iron Shiek
09-07-2008, 11:19 PM

I take it you had the Colts? What a huge let down by them.

I lost a pick on them in another pool. Nearly lost 3 more in the same pool with NE. Geez. At least the Steelers had it in the bag early and i didn't have to sweat it.

costanza2k1
09-08-2008, 12:41 AM

Woohoo a freakin blast! I'm out too...damn Colts...

BIG FAN
09-08-2008, 12:47 AM
Done too, picked the sorry azz bungles to beat the turd birds.

Chadman
09-08-2008, 01:17 AM
Hmm...this all seems really familiar...

Chadman to SOD- "Chadman wants a piece of that action. Chadman wants in on the contest"

SOD- "You? You'll be out before we get the cheque!"

1st week plays...

Chadman comes in..

"I'm out!"

SOD, Oviedo & Iron Sheik (Elaine) all look at Chadman..

"What? You're out?"

Chadman- "Yep, Chadman's is out of the contest"

SOD turns to the others- "One down & (fill in number as is specific to contest) to go.."

So, Chadman asks you all this- are YOU still "King of the Castle"?

RuthlessBurgher
09-08-2008, 01:19 AM

Chadman to SOD- "Chadman wants a piece of that action. Chadman wants in on the contest"

1st week plays...

Chadman comes in..

"I'm out!"

"What? You're out?"

SOD turns to the others- "One down & (fill in number as is specific to contest) to go.."

I'm master of my domain (Eagles 38, Rams 3). :lol:

stlrz d
09-08-2008, 07:33 AM
Lord of the manor here....how 'bout them Cowboys?

Iron Shiek
09-08-2008, 12:12 PM

1st week plays...

Chadman comes in..

"I'm out!"

"What? You're out?"

I'm master of my domain (Eagles 38, Rams 3). :lol:

Ditto. Good Job Eagles.

And why I gotta be Elaine!!! :)

AngryAsian
09-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Can't believe that SD let that one slip by them at home. I'm out.... good luck to you all.

SteelerNation1
09-08-2008, 09:22 PM
How the he!! do you open a new stadium with a turd like that! That nerd Manning...I can't wait to give him a piece of my mind in a couple months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteelerOfDeVille
09-09-2008, 12:41 AM
I considered both the colts and Pats, then decided I didn't know enough about their rusty QBs to feel good about it.... so, i went with the Steelers as the "safe" pick... figured 80% of us would go with the Steelers this week... either i go out with the lot of the guys, or I'm safe...

interestingly enough, only 2 of us took 'em...

Iron Shiek
09-09-2008, 08:26 AM
I considered both the colts and Pats, then decided I didn't know enough about their rusty QBs to feel good about it.... so, i went with the Steelers as the "safe" pick... figured 80% of us would go with the Steelers this week... either i go out with the lot of the guys, or I'm safe...

I took the same approach. Let the QBs get un-rusty and save those two teams for later in the year. As for Pittsburgh, I was saving them for this week. It will be much sweeter advancing to week 3 knowing they stomped the Stains.

proudpittsburgher
09-09-2008, 11:04 AM

I took the same approach. Let the QBs get un-rusty and save those two teams for later in the year. As for Pittsburgh, I was saving them for this week. It will be much sweeter advancing to week 3 knowing they stomped the Stains.

Same boat here, stayed away from the quaretrbacks, oddly enough, in that one. Of course, I took Jacksonville, so (in my best Kramer voice) I'M OUT!

SteelCrazy
09-12-2008, 09:25 AM
Players still alive:

Active Players
Pick Set Pick % Users Picked
StillaVille -- --
shawnmedguy -- --
SteelCrazy GNB 5.92
stlrz d -- --
RuthlessBurgher -- --
IronShiek -- --
Kennyes -- --
mshifko -- --

Shawn
09-14-2008, 09:38 PM
This week will be much tougher. No easy calls this week.

Hmmm...SoD...who you going to pick? I wanna copy. :D

Iron Shiek
09-15-2008, 12:28 PM
I survived with the risky Cards pick. :D Next week seems super easy, some really crappy teams playin at some good teams.

RuthlessBurgher
09-15-2008, 12:30 PM
I survived with the risky Cards pick. :D Next week seems super easy, some really crappy teams playin at some good teams.

Nobody beats the Whis! (at least not the Niners or Dolphins) :lol: I'm moving on because of the Cards as well.

Iron Shiek
09-15-2008, 12:31 PM
So you picked the Eagles week 1 and Cards week 2? Is my user id directly linked to yours?! Ha, we are on the same wavelength with this thing Ruthless...

RuthlessBurgher
09-15-2008, 01:28 PM
So you picked the Eagles week 1 and Cards week 2? Is my user id directly linked to yours?! Ha, we are on the same wavelength with this thing Ruthless...

Maybe it is a bird thing. Even though the Falcons and Seahawks both lost this week, they are hosting the even more awful Chiefs and Rams this weekend. Hmmm....

SteelerOfDeVille
09-18-2008, 03:11 PM

Ancient chinese secret...

Iron Shiek
09-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Week 3 doesn't seem so tough...but that's when you get bit in the azz. My pick is pretty solid. Good matchup but I've seen crazier things happen.

SteelerOfDeVille
09-18-2008, 05:18 PM

OK, I'll give it to you. St Louis...

RuthlessBurgher
09-18-2008, 05:50 PM

Although I realize you are joking, some dude where I work actually picked the Chiefs last week in our office suicide pool. He vowed to pick whatever team was playing the Raiders (unfortunately the Chiefs are actually worse than the Raiders). I should go and formally thank him for his $5 donation to our pot.

Iron Shiek
09-19-2008, 10:18 AM

Although I realize you are joking, some dude where I work actually picked the Chiefs last week in our office suicide pool. He vowed to pick whatever team was playing the Raiders (unfortunately the Chiefs are actually worse than the Raiders). I should go and formally thank him for his $5 donation to our pot.

D - UMB

USC can beat the Chiefs right now. It doesn't help that KC is starting like 30 rookies.

RuthlessBurgher
09-19-2008, 11:22 AM

D - UMB

USC can beat the Chiefs right now. It doesn't help that KC is starting like 30 rookies.

Yup...that was free money. In that pool, we start out with 32 people at $5 a head, so it is a winner-take-all $160. I came in second last year (You'll get nothing and like it!). :lol: This week, we also lost one to the Saints, two to the Jags, and five to the Seahawks. 23 people still alive.

Iron Shiek
09-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Yup...that was free money. In that pool, we start out with 32 people at $5 a head, so it is a winner-take-all $160. I came in second last year (You'll get nothing and like it!). :lol: This week, we also lost one to the Saints, two to the Jags, and five to the Seahawks. 23 people still alive.

I'm in this low budget/high volume suicide pool. It is run by 2 guys and they just use a pretty simple site to run it, its mostly done word of mouth here around columbus, but has grown to like 1500 people. (After two weeks HALF the pool is out!!!) You however get to pick a team even though you've picked them in weeks prior, and it keeps going into the playoffs if there are still people around. Its $20 a pick so a huge payday! Me and my 3 friends each buy a pick, and have a panel vote on "our" picks. Argue over email all week about what teams we are picking with our 4 picks.

Shawn
09-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Welp...I'm out. And that's what I get for selecting the Pats. I feel dirty. :?

Iron Shiek
09-21-2008, 03:59 PM

How could you SMG!? I will never pick them! I have the Bills who are hanging on by a c*nt hair.

stlrz d
09-21-2008, 04:02 PM
I got the Chargers at home on MNF.

Shawn
09-21-2008, 04:07 PM

How could you SMG!? I will never pick them! I have the Bills who are hanging on by a c*nt hair.

I'm ashamed...I was lured by that -12...and at the last minute switched from Tenn to the Pats. Y'all should disown me. :(

SteelerOfDeVille
09-21-2008, 04:30 PM

I'm ashamed...I was lured by that -12...and at the last minute switched from Tenn to the Pats. Y'all should disown me. :(
dude, that game got me, too.

RuthlessBurgher
09-23-2008, 12:27 AM

You had a little more breathing room than my Bills pick, which required a frantic comeback at the end to keep me in this thing. Raiders suck.

Iron Shiek
09-23-2008, 12:31 AM

You had a little more breathing room than my Bills pick, which required a frantic comeback at the end to keep me in this thing. Raiders suck.

Ruthless we had the same pick for the 3rd week in a row. Bills pulled it out for us...!

RuthlessBurgher
09-23-2008, 01:00 AM
[quote="stlrz d":3qvjm7ah]I got the Chargers at home on MNF.

Ruthless we had the same pick for the 3rd week in a row. Bills pulled it out for us...![/quote:3qvjm7ah]

Next time, at least put your hand over your paper when you are writing your answers. You make it too easy to copy! :lol:

SteelCrazy
09-25-2008, 05:56 PM
:Boobs :Boobs :Boobs

Good luck to all that remain and better luck to those that don't.

RuthlessBurgher
09-29-2008, 02:49 PM
Sheik, my similar-picking brother...did you get suckered in by the Broncos pick?

You forgot rule #1 for suicide pools:

Never pick the visiting team in a division rivalry game, even when the home team is winless and the visiting team is undefeated.

I got by with Carolina over Atlanta (a division game too, but I picked the home team).

I think it is down to just me and kennyes.

When I win this thing, one of you has to yell "Oh my god, you killed kennyes!"

And then another has to chime in with "You bastard!" (actually, since most folks on this board tend to be amused by Johnny Dangerously, I'll settle for "You bastage!") :lol:

Iron Shiek
10-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Sheik, my similar-picking brother...did you get suckered in by the Broncos pick?

Never pick the visiting team in a division rivalry game, even when the home team is winless and the visiting team is undefeated.

I got by with Carolina over Atlanta (a division game too, but I picked the home team).

And then another has to chime in with "You bastard!" (actually, since most folks on this board tend to be amused by Johnny Dangerously, I'll settle for "You bastage!") :lol:

I severely goofed. C'mon though...the Chiefs? And don't give me the "Arrowhead is a tough place to play" crap. The supremely dysfunctional Raiders went into Arrowhead and dismantled the Chiefs. How can Denver fall to pieces like that? Idiots. Unexplainable.

So once somebody wins the pool...does it start over? I never did one of these Yahoo ones before...

kennyes
10-02-2008, 02:48 AM

:lol: :Beer

SteelerOfDeVille
10-08-2008, 12:49 AM
Both took Dallas over Cincy this past week - not an easy one to pick - cincy seems to be starting to come alive...

stlrz d
10-08-2008, 07:36 AM
Both took Dallas over Cincy this past week - not an easy one to pick - cincy seems to be starting to come alive...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
10-08-2008, 09:29 AM

We had 8 people left in our office pool. All 8 took Dallas, in spite of Cincy's elite QB Carson Palmer.

:bungalssuck

stlrz d
10-26-2008, 03:35 PM
Unsticky time for this one?

kennyes
10-26-2008, 10:49 PM

Hey I'm still in this thing! :Boobs

SteelerOfDeVille
10-27-2008, 12:08 AM

Hey I'm still in this thing! :Boobs
no way....

kennyes
10-27-2008, 12:50 AM
Week nine and I am still beating myself... :oops: :P
To bad my weekly pick'ems aren't this lucky.

stlrz d
11-30-2008, 10:46 AM

Are you done beating yourself so this can be unstickied? :moon :P

kennyes
11-30-2008, 09:40 PM

Nope...

But if anyone wants to unsticky this please feel free. I just keep playing for ****s and giggles anyway. :Boobs

SteelerOfDeVille
12-11-2008, 08:56 PM

Nope...

But if anyone wants to unsticky this please feel free. I just keep playing for ****s and giggles anyway. :Boobs
so.....