PDA

View Full Version : Boyd placed on Waive/Injured list today

Ghost
08-26-2008, 01:35 PM
That leaves Vickers and Sherrod battling it out fro the third TE spot.

Think they go with one of these two (Vickers has to be leading that battle) or look to bring in a guy who gets released?

frankthetank1
08-26-2008, 01:36 PM
well i was wrong, i thought they were going to keep boyd

Ghost
08-26-2008, 03:04 PM
well i was wrong, i thought they were going to keep boyd
"can't make the club from the tub" - Chuck Noll

You weren't alone Frank. I'm guessing most folks thought Boyd was a lock to be the 3rd TE. Great height and hopefully he had worked on his blocking in the off season.

MeetJoeGreene
08-26-2008, 03:13 PM
Honestly.. if it is down to Sherrod and Vickers, I would rather bring back Tuman or keep and extra WR.

Neither one seems like they will be a real threat at pass catching and I don't think any of them are a stellar blocker. If we need a 3rd TE for blocking in certain plays, we are going to just bring in Essex anyway.

Sherrod can probably be cut and signed to the PS to serve as insurance in case of injury.

RuthlessBurgher
08-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Honestly.. if it is down to Sherrod and Vickers, I would rather bring back Tuman or keep and extra WR.

Neither one seems like they will be a real threat at pass catching and I don't think any of them are a stellar blocker. If we need a 3rd TE for blocking in certain plays, we are going to just bring in Essex anyway.

Sherrod can probably be cut and signed to the PS to serve as insurance in case of injury.

Well, guess which team Tuman is on now. I'll give you one guess. Here's a hint. It starts with a "C" and ends with an "ardinals" :lol:

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
08-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Heard that too. I would say Vickers or 6 WR.

MeetJoeGreene
08-26-2008, 04:29 PM

Well, guess which team Tuman is on now. I'll give you one guess. Here's a hint. It starts with a "C" and ends with an "ardinals" :lol:

The Chicago Retardinals??? I thought they folded.

phillyesq
08-26-2008, 04:51 PM
I think that Vickers should be a serviceable 3rd TE, but I wouldn't be surprised to see somebody brought in after the last round of cuts.