PDA

View Full Version : Bumgals receivers

Oviedo
08-26-2008, 01:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingc ... id=3553260 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3553260)

Not looking good for the Bumgals. Chad has a shoulder injury that won't get better this season. Think he is going to lay out to catch a ball? Or go high for one over the middle? TJ has a bad hammy. That will nag him all season. But hey they got Chris Henry. Has he been arrested yet?

I think Carson needs to get use to being laid out and having his face smashed because it is possible that he is unlikely he will see many open receivers.

Bumgals record: 7-9. Good bye Marvin. Same old Bumgals.

Jom112
08-26-2008, 01:57 PM
TJ has a bad hammy. That will nag him all season.

You mind using your talents Nostradamus to let me know what the winning lottery numbers are this week?

Oviedo
08-26-2008, 02:00 PM
7-8-10-14-28-30

...and BTW the Bumgals will still be 7-9

frankthetank1
08-26-2008, 02:01 PM

You mind using your talents Nostradamus to let me know what the winning lottery numbers are this week?

does he have a bad hamstring?

Oviedo
08-26-2008, 02:05 PM

Missed the last two games because of it.

Jom112
08-26-2008, 02:08 PM
7-8-10-14-28-30

After watching the Saints game, I would be happy with 5 wins.

But then I remembered how badly the rest of the division has looked this preseason. Bengals might still have a shot...

frankthetank1
08-26-2008, 02:09 PM

Missed the last two games because of it.

wow i didnt know that, thanks for the heads up i would of been mad at myself for drafting him early. no wonder they are trying to trade rudi johnson

Oviedo
08-26-2008, 02:10 PM
7-8-10-14-28-30

After watching the Saints game, I would be happy with 5 wins.

But then I remembered how badly the rest of the division has looked this preseason. Bengals might still have a shot...

When you win the lottery, remember me :D

As a Bumgals fan it may be all the winning you experience in the near future.

Jom112
08-26-2008, 02:12 PM

It's not that bad if he had a long term contract in place he would be on the field already. TJ doesn't want to take any chances since this is the last year of his current deal. He wants to be as healthy as possible for the regular season. So I'm not too worried about him. Plus he is back practicing already...

RuthlessBurgher
08-26-2008, 02:14 PM
Doesn't Chris Henry still have to be reinstated by the Commissioner before he joins their active roster? I think the last I heard was that he was suspended by the league indefinitely, but I could be wrong.

frankthetank1
08-26-2008, 02:15 PM

It's not that bad if he had a long term contract in place he would be on the field already. TJ doesn't want to take any chances since this is the last year of his current deal. He wants to be as healthy as possible for the regular season. So I'm not too worried about him. Plus he is back practicing already...

oh ok thats not bad then. is that a biased bengal fan perspective or reality? :lol:
im just kidding the reason i ask is because i think he will have an even bigger year this season and my fantasy draft is tomorrow

Jom112
08-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Doesn't Chris Henry still have to be reinstated by the Commissioner before he joins their active roster? I think the last I heard was that he was suspended by the league indefinitely, but I could be wrong.

It was reduced to 4 games after the charges were dropped. Prior to us re-signing him.

oh ok thats not bad then. is that a biased bengal fan perspective or reality? :lol:
im just kidding the reason i ask is because i think he will have an even bigger year this season and my fantasy draft is tomorrow

I'd like to say it's reality but honestly with the limited information that is given in preseason it's hard to say.

TJ wouldn't really give a lot of details. His first practice was Monday and he said if it felt good he would practice against tuesday. He is practicing again today, so I'm assuming it's not too bad. But it is just speculation at this point...

feltdizz
08-26-2008, 02:27 PM
I think Chad mails it in this year...

Cincy is done...
Cleveland sucks and Baltimore is bleh...

we should go 6-0 this year in the North.

Our toughest schedule in the NFL on paper may not be so tough with injuries to some key players on strong teams...

everyone always forgets this is the NFL and for some strange reason...
teams usually dip..

The doom and glooms who complain about the FO every year somehow forget that we are one of, if not the most, stable teams in football from year to year.

Jom112
08-26-2008, 02:31 PM
I think Chad mails it in this year...

How so?

There are a lot of negatives things that you can say about Chad but saying he'll mail it in isn't one of them. IF he wanted the easy way out he would just get the surgery and sit the season out. Instead he's fighting with Marvin to get into the last preseason game (Which Marvin is keeping him out of, not him).

No matter if you like Chad or not, you can't say he doesn't put the effort in...

Steely76
08-26-2008, 02:55 PM
I heard Ocho Stinko tell a reporter on ESPN he needs the surgery but wasn't getting it. The reporter goes: You need the surgery but you're not getting it???
He won't last the season. First good shot and he's done.

Jom112
08-26-2008, 03:02 PM
I heard Ocho Stinko tell a reporter on ESPN he needs the surgery but wasn't getting it. The reporter goes: You need the surgery but you're not getting it???
He won't last the season. First good shot and he's done.

It's not first good shot and he's done. First time his shoulder pops out again he's done. Not saying it can't happen but you guys make it seem like he'll play 1 quarter against the Ravens in week 1 and then he'll be done for the season.

Shoulders don't pop out that easily...

RuthlessBurgher
08-26-2008, 03:17 PM
I believe a certain "Souljah" on the other Ohio team had 82 catches for 1,106 yards and 5 TD's with the same type of injury last year.

Jom112
08-26-2008, 03:20 PM
I believe a certain "Souljah" on the other Ohio team had 82 catches for 1,106 yards and 5 TD's with the same type of injury last year.

Souljah boy played with it and did well as did Brian Westbrook. Which is surprising considering the pounding RB's have to take. So it's not out of the norm for a player to have this type of injury and do well. Chad stated he talked to about 10 other players who played with the same type of injury...

NKySteeler
08-26-2008, 03:29 PM
It's not first good shot and he's done. First time his shoulder pops out again he's done. Not saying it can't happen but you guys make it seem like he'll play 1 quarter against the Ravens in week 1 and then he'll be done for the season.

No they don't.... But if Ed Reed slams him 15 yds downfield in week #1 it COULD be in the first quarter, and he would be done for all intents and purposes...

Jom112
08-26-2008, 03:36 PM

No they don't.... But if Ed Reed slams him 15 yds downfield in week #1 it COULD be in the first quarter, and he would be done for all intents and purposes...

It's a good thing Ed Reed might not play in the opener then...

Oviedo
08-26-2008, 03:41 PM
It's all publicity with Chad. I could see it playing out this way. Chad will play the role of the hardcore Bumgal and "attempt" to "play through the pain." This in his eyes will make him a hero to the "Bumgal County" (they don't have a nation like the Steelers and it is a small county).

A few games into the season we will hear how he "can't play to the level he is use to" and how "he can't help his team playing with one arm." At that point he goes on IR.

He will achieve his goal of taking another year off his Bumgal contract and getting his service time while not damaging his future prospects. He saves his reputation and does what he wanted to do all along--not play for the Bumgals anymore than he has to. He gets well and restates his desire to get the heck out of Cincinnatti after they have another abysmal losing season.