PDA

View Full Version : Steelers release 3, Sep to IR

Oviedo
08-25-2008, 01:36 PM
No surprises also Prince was getting some good press early.

PITTSBURGH ? The Steelers placed punter Daniel Sepulveda on the Reserve/Injured List and made three other roster moves, the team announced today, bringing the team’s total number of players to 77 players (one international practice squad player).
Additionally, the Steelers released quarterback Mike Potts, wide receiver Jeremy Bloom and defensive lineman Martavius Prince.

The Steelers currently have 77 players on their roster due to the exemption of wide receiver Marvin Allen, who will be a member of the team’s practice squad this year as part of the NFL’s international player development program. The Steelers must make one more roster move

AkronSteel
08-25-2008, 02:43 PM
No surprises also Prince was getting some good press early.

PITTSBURGH ? The Steelers placed punter Daniel Sepulveda on the Reserve/Injured List and made three other roster moves, the team announced today, bringing the team’s total number of players to 77 players (one international practice squad player).
Additionally, the Steelers released quarterback Mike Potts, wide receiver Jeremy Bloom and defensive lineman Martavius Prince.

The Steelers currently have 77 players on their roster due to the exemption of wide receiver Marvin Allen, who will be a member of the team’s practice squad this year as part of the NFL’s international player development program. The Steelers must make one more roster move

No surprises with these releases. I wonder why they didn't make the last move? I wonder if there is something in the works that we are not aware of?

Oviedo
08-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Maybe a trade is in work???? Still need to get rid of one player.

proudpittsburgher
08-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Many were pleased with Reid's play the other night, but I saw it as the Steelers "showcasing" him for a possible trade.

frankthetank1
08-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Many were pleased with Reid's play the other night, but I saw it as the Steelers "showcasing" him for a possible trade.

i highly doubt that. reid has no trade value at all and one good preseason game wont get any other teams interested

proudpittsburgher
08-25-2008, 03:19 PM
I've seen many worse players get showcased before. :lol: You get a team who is desperate and who happened to catch the game, and you never know.

phillyesq
08-25-2008, 09:22 PM
With Reid, Drummond, Bloom and Baker, I was hoping that there would be some heated competition for the last WR spot. But it seems like they're making it difficult to want to keep any of them. I was hoping for a difficult decision, but the other way -- that it would be hard to want to get rid of them.

I almost wonder if the 5th WR will be somebody who isn't currently on the roster.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
08-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Reid looked pretty darn good yesterday against the Vikes. Maybe their plan was originally to "showcase", but I bet they're wondering if they ought to keep him!