PDA

View Full Version : Reid can catch

Oviedo
08-24-2008, 01:14 PM
As I've been saying put the unrealistic returner expectation aside and Reoid can be on heck of a WR.

Reid>Washington>Baker

Reid should be on this team. He makes tough catches whenever he get the chance.

SMG--just an all knowing smile not cream like night

BigBen2112
08-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Yeah the fact that we're advocating for Reid to be on the team over Washington and Baker is a huge step...

I mean Baker cant hold onto the ball for his life and actually looks worse than the TE Sherrod.

Washington is consistently inconsistent

And Limas Sweed is behind Washington easily...that should tell you how consistent he's been. But he is tall.

Shawn
08-24-2008, 01:51 PM
As I've been saying put the unrealistic returner expectation aside and Reoid can be on heck of a WR.

Reid>Washington>Baker

Reid should be on this team. He makes tough catches whenever he get the chance.

SMG--just an all knowing smile not cream like night

:lol:

Props brother O...you certainly called it. It appears he is ready for a break out.

AkronSteel
08-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Willie showed that he deserves a spot on the Steelers roster last night. The guy has alwyas shown good hands when he was on the field as a WR, just don't put him back to return kicks!

AngryAsian
08-24-2008, 03:39 PM
As Floridians we have had a better vantage point on Reid's upside, having watch him in college. I was a big advocate of Reid, even back at the Trib, but truthfully had my doubts... about not his ability but more so the durability factor. He hasn't been healthy enough to actually show what he can do.... until now. The thing that's scary about this situation is that Reid hasn't showcased his biggest asset as WR and PR... his lateral movement in the open field. The guy has some real quickness and can elude tacklers like a beast.

RuthlessBurgher
08-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Hopefully the fact that Drummond was out their for returns late in the game means that we won't waste a roster spot on a marginal return guy who would never contribute as a WR. The depth chart right now looks like:

1. Santonio H.
2. Hines W.
3. Nate W.
4. Limas S.
5. Willie R.
Practice Squad Again: Dallas B.

Oviedo
08-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Hopefully the fact that Drummond was out their for returns late in the game means that we won't waste a roster spot on a marginal return guy who would never contribute as a WR. The depth chart right now looks like:

1. Santonio H.
2. Hines W.
3. Nate W.
4. Limas S.
5. Willie R.

IO hope those are the 5. I also think that if Reid gets comfortable and isn't worried about making the roster we may see a little bit better on the return side. IMO--if he is returning punts early next week then he is the guy.

RuthlessBurgher
08-24-2008, 05:44 PM

1. Santonio H.
2. Hines W.
3. Nate W.
4. Limas S.
5. Willie R.

IO hope those are the 5. I also think that if Reid gets comfortable and isn't worried about making the roster we may see a little bit better on the return side. IMO--if he is returning punts early next week then he is the guy.

Call me crazy, but I would rather see Reid back there than Santonio. Both of those guys have a history of dropsies back there on returns, so why do they assume that Santonio's are cured while Reid's are still there? Holmes is too valuable as a WR to put back there in my opinion. I would use Mewelde as my first option as the punt returner, but I would give Reid some reps at PR as the fall-back option in the final pre-season game, since I think we should dump Drummond outright.

Jigawatts
08-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Willie Reid is SanAntonio Holmes Jr. Probably wont ever be as good as Santonio, but
I see a lot of similarities between the two. He's quick and he has some burst. Bye bye
Baker.

MeetJoeGreene
08-24-2008, 09:02 PM

1. Santonio H.
2. Hines W.
3. Nate W.
4. Limas S.
5. Willie R.

That would be my prediction and hope as well.

Steel Life
08-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Reid>Washington>Baker
And that would be based on Reid's vast body of work? Or because he's out-performed Nate?

Now I've been pulling for Reid because I thought he offers a skill-set that no one else has, but to even assume that he's better than Nate at this point is both silly & narrow-minded.

blacknblue80s
08-25-2008, 12:14 AM
Willie Reid has a history of struggling to get open, he looked good against 2nd string db's.

I would like to see him show some consistancy before getting my hopes up yet again.

frankthetank1
08-25-2008, 07:41 AM
im glad reid is going to make the team most likely. he still has potential and i still think he should have another shot at returning kicks and punts, if they dont want moore back there

calmkiller
08-25-2008, 09:57 AM
Reid>Washington>Baker
And that would be based on Reid's vast body of work? Or because he's out-performed Nate?

Now I've been pulling for Reid because I thought he offers a skill-set that no one else has, but to even assume that he's better than Nate at this point is both silly & narrow-minded.

Couldn't agree more.

blacknblue80s
08-25-2008, 10:44 AM
im glad reid is going to make the team most likely. he still has potential and i still think he should have another shot at returning kicks and punts, if they dont want moore back there
If they really plan on letting Reid return punts he should be getting plenty of reps in the preseason, surely they won't just put him in there when the season starts.

My heart couldn't take that.

frankthetank1
08-25-2008, 10:47 AM
If they really plan on letting Reid return punts he should be getting plenty of reps in the preseason, surely they won't just put him in there when the season starts.

agreed, they should be giving returns to moore and reid in the preseason and no one else. i dont know why they want to put holmes back there its stupid and drummond shouldnt make the team

Oviedo
08-25-2008, 10:55 AM

agreed, they should be giving returns to moore and reid in the preseason and no one else. i dont know why they want to put holmes back there its stupid and drummond shouldnt make the team

:Agree :Agree :Agree

This past weekend should put to rest the Santonio the returner experiment. For the one possible big return he gets for a TD this season the risk is too great. He doesn't offer anymore than Moore.

BURGH86STEEL
08-25-2008, 11:03 AM
It will be interesting to see who the decide to keep. It could come down to versatility more than anything else. Reid has the edge over Baker in that area.

blacknblue80s
08-25-2008, 11:07 AM
It is strange that a player can return punts in college without major droppage and then drop 2 out of every 3 in the NFL.

Maybe full recovery from the Liz Franc injury will cure this problem, bad footing could cotribute to fielding a punt, I guess...