PDA

View Full Version : Porter might get cut?

Iron Shiek
08-21-2008, 10:02 PM
My how the Peezy has fallen...I doubt they cut him...and who's gonna trade for him...the Browns will gladly give up another pick next year. And Porter seems like a Raider...so one of those teams?

Dolphins: Porter on the bubble?

08/21/08 02:20 PM
THE NEWS
The Miami Herald believes Joey Porter is on the bubble.
Our View
Channing Crowder, Akin Ayodele, and Reggie Torbor are all locks to make the team. Porter is competing with Charlie Anderson, Quentin Moses, Titus Brown, Edmond Miles, and Rob Ninkovich for the remaining spots on the depth chart at linebacker. Porter has been unable to contribute in the preseason because of injuries and the Dolphins may think this is the start of an ongoing trend and may try to trade Porter.

Steel Life
08-21-2008, 10:22 PM
...the Dolphins may think this is the start of an ongoing trend and may try to trade Porter.

The Dolphins are just now finally figuring out what we knew 2 seasons ago? :owned

Ozey74
08-21-2008, 10:25 PM
What a waste of a signing bonus!! Nice going Miami. :Clap

NKySteeler
08-21-2008, 10:29 PM
The Dolphins are just now finally figuring out what we knew 2 seasons ago? :owned

Bingo!.... We have a winner!

Jigawatts
08-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Sad to hear about Joey. I knew he wasn't what he used to be, but I didn't expect
him to fall so quickly.

I had to post that article on the trib for adgci.

ramblinjim
08-22-2008, 02:43 PM
Sad to hear about Joey. I knew he wasn't what he used to be, but I didn't expect
him to fall so quickly.

:Agree wholeheartedly. I was with everyone that knew Joey wasn't what he once was but that doesn't mean it's not sad to see him go.

proudpittsburgher
08-22-2008, 02:54 PM
him to fall so quickly.

:Agree wholeheartedly. I was with everyone that knew Joey wasn't what he once was but that doesn't mean it's not sad to see him go.

Agreed with the last two posts. Joey was smart and cashed in before people realized he was on his last playing leg. I'm happy for him, but no way in the world do I see him going to a team like Cleveland. He is and will always be a Steeler, and it's not about the money anymore for him (thanks to Miami) :lol:

Oviedo
08-22-2008, 03:43 PM
What do you wanna bet he ends up with the Stains or Bumgals?????

Both are desperate for anything they can get on defense and picking up Porter is clearly desperation. Just hope Faneca has as much success in NY as Porter has in Miami.

ghettoscott
08-22-2008, 05:17 PM
I like Joey, i would hate to see him on the stains or bengals. I was watching AMERICAS GAME 2005 the other day and Joey was cracking me up.....I am glad he got paid.

AngryAsian
08-22-2008, 06:01 PM
I loved what he did with his career while he wore the honored black and gold, but the FO sure knew what they were doing when they parted ways with Peezy. I hope he can go out gracefully, or he could end up like this poor sap.....

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/football/nfl/11/27/seau/p1_seau2.jpg