PDA

View Full Version : Ben on Total Access

AkronSteel
08-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Ben has a one on one interview with Jaime Dukes on tonights episode. Just wanted to give a heads up!

stlrz d
08-20-2008, 07:49 PM
On right now.

stlrz d
08-20-2008, 07:53 PM
JD: Ben wanted a big, tall receiver for the red zone.

BR: Or so they say.

:Clap

AkronSteel
08-20-2008, 07:59 PM
You know, this guy is so confident and yet humble at the same time. I think this guy is going to have a great year, and I think that Ben and our recievers are going to surprise alot of people this year with their production. I think that we as fans are in for a treat when watching this passing game this year!

Flasteel
08-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Zip. Nothing revealing in the interview, but it was interesting to hear Ben pay homage to Manning and Brady as the top two and acknowledge that he isn't far behind. Gotta love that confidence.

Woodson still sounds skeptical of Ben's potential for greatness and for whatever reason, he's always seemed to reside in that camp.

stlrz d
08-20-2008, 08:19 PM
You know, this guy is so confident and yet humble at the same time. I think this guy is going to have a great year, and I think that Ben and our recievers are going to surprise alot of people this year with their production. I think that we as fans are in for a treat when watching this passing game this year!

Let's just hope his go to guy (Holmes) sticks to WR and doesn't risk sustaining an injury returning a punt.

Ozey74
08-20-2008, 08:23 PM

Big Ben has greatly improved in the area of being interviewed since he's been in the league. A few years back he was on the Best Damn Sports Show Period and he struggled. I felt bad for him.

AkronSteel
08-20-2008, 08:24 PM

Let's just hope his go to guy (Holmes) sticks to WR and doesn't risk sustaining an injury returning a punt.

I know where you're coming from man! I hear what you're saying about Holmes! I don't wanna see him get hurt returning a punt either, but I think thats a risk worth taking. Woodson returned kicks for this team for 8 years and never got hurt, he got hurt playing his position. I just think Santone can give this team an extra dimension that has not been here since ARE.

AkronSteel
08-20-2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Zip. Nothing revealing in the interview, but it was interesting to hear Ben pay homage to Manning and Brady as the top two and acknowledge that he isn't far behind. Gotta love that confidence.

Woodson still sounds skeptical of Ben's potential for greatness and for whatever reason, he's always seemed to reside in that camp.

Zip huh, I kinda like that nickname. I just got my season tickets for the Zips the other day. I get BOGO this year and BOGO next year in the new stadium. Place looks like it is going to be a great place for small college football.

stlrz d
08-20-2008, 09:26 PM

I know where you're coming from man! I hear what you're saying about Holmes! I don't wanna see him get hurt returning a punt either, but I think thats a risk worth taking. Woodson returned kicks for this team for 8 years and never got hurt, he got hurt playing his position. I just think Santone can give this team an extra dimension that has not been here since ARE.

With the O line what it is I think we need all the offensive weapons we can get and I don't feel the PR risk is worth the potential reward.

AkronSteel
08-20-2008, 10:02 PM
[quote=AkronSteel]You know, this guy is so confident and yet humble at the same time. I think this guy is going to have a great year, and I think that Ben and our recievers are going to surprise alot of people this year with their production. I think that we as fans are in for a treat when watching this passing game this year!

With the O line what it is I think we need all the offensive weapons we can get and I don't feel the PR risk is worth the potential reward.[/quote:1plijam8]

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this. One of us will be right and one will be wrong but its all good, its just opinions. And god for bid, don't leave the board b/c of this topic. We are just having discussions about the Steelers, we're all Steelers fans anways, well most of us. I don't want to see a knowledgable poster leave this site b/c of a simple conversation over a WR/PR. It's all good man the seasons just getting ready to start, lets just enjoy it and talk about it.

stlrz d
08-20-2008, 10:15 PM
[quote=AkronSteel]You know, this guy is so confident and yet humble at the same time. I think this guy is going to have a great year, and I think that Ben and our recievers are going to surprise alot of people this year with their production. I think that we as fans are in for a treat when watching this passing game this year!

With the O line what it is I think we need all the offensive weapons we can get and I don't feel the PR risk is worth the potential reward.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this. One of us will be right and one will be wrong but its all good, its just opinions. And god for bid, don't leave the board b/c of this topic. We are just having discussions about the Steelers, we're all Steelers fans anways, well most of us. I don't want to see a knowledgable poster leave this site b/c of a simple conversation over a WR/PR. It's all good man the seasons just getting ready to start, lets just enjoy it and talk about it.[/quote:u47agmof]

But the difference is if I'm wrong it's good for the team!

But I don't think I'll be wrong. I don't think it will make a difference and exposes him to additional risk of injury.

But we can agree to disagree and see how it plays out.

As for leaving the board, that was merely to show how confident I am in my belief.

Ftr, I am not angry over any of this so yes, it is all good. Just stating my opinion. :)